TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any ideas? drag radials 4 2011 svtpp

dantesshelby

ok, so im lookin for traction. I have a 2011 gt500 w/ svtpp (20" rear wheels)

need some ideas for drag radials.

so my 1rst thought was the nitto 555r, but they are 305's and my car has 285's is this safe?

then i'm thinking mickey thompson dr's hook up better, but they dont make one for a 20" inch wheel,

so i'll need some sort of smaller, cheap wheels for the rears. (which ones?)

and in that case do i have to worry about my speedo not showing corect speed, or tire presure sensor warnings because i changed to a smaller wheel?

yeesh! anyone with experience please chime in & thanks.

Not sure about the rubber, but you will need a minimum of a 10.5"+ rim to run a 305. If you are wanting to stay with the rims you have, you could buy two more and send off to have widened to 10.5 or 11.

The main concern is tire/wheel Diameter, otherwise the ABS will raise hell, all four ties should be within 1" of each other. Easiest thing to do is use the site to check Diameter. 305 will fit fine on 10" Wheels. If, you are serious about Drag Racing and not just Street Traction. You will need a Slick that flexs. Think about a smaller wheel like 17's, that way you can get a bigger tire (side wall). Conversion table. http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/info/tmpInfoTireMath.jsp

I would highly recommend the MT drag radials. They are a much better tire and will hook better. If you have the funds i would get an extra set of 16" or 17" wheels to allow you more sidewall. Plus you can use these just for drag racing making them last longer. Using a drag radial for everyday driving makes the car behave totally different. The car will handle much differently in turns which takes away from some of the enjoyment of the car.

Archived