TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Mountain Region Windshield banners

JeffJ

Phill I bought an F250 and a 24' trailer. Nothing fancy. Needed something to haul the SS around along with my wife's GT350, which will be done in the next 2-4 weeks. It's the next to the last GT350 being built and it's a vert. Real low production numbers...

Anyway, We are going to go pick her car up in LV with the hauler.

Hey we haven't talked for a while! Are you going to do the CS Airstrip Attack this year? Would love to get together with you and others if so.

Take care

Barry

Hey we haven't talked for a while! Are you going to do the CS Airstrip Attack this year? Would love to get together with you and others if so.

There's a good chance I'll do the strip attack this year.

I wasn't sure how the format worked last year but got to see it in videos after the fact and it looks like it's doable.

Phill

Phil,

I'll send you details when I find out more.

Barry

I'm on their facebook page so I get details they publicize.

Or are you talking about unpublished details?

Thanks,

Phill

• 5 weeks later...

You can pick them up in the store in Vegas, and/or I will be getting a supply of them at the bash. I should be able to get them shipped to you for equal to or less than the store sells them. We're still getting it all worked out.

I'm going to be in 'Vegas tomorrow to pick up CSX7972, not sure I have time to get to the Shelby store, do they ship?

Uhhhh, you will be AT the Shelby store if you're picking up your car from Shelby.

Or are they building the Cobra's in a different venue than their other cars?

Phill

Uhhhh, you will be AT the Shelby store if you're picking up your car from Shelby.

Or are they building the Cobra's in a different venue than their other cars?

Phill

I'm going to be in 'Vegas tomorrow to pick up CSX7972, not sure I have time to get to the Shelby store, do they ship?

That's where it is. Leave a few minutes early and buy some t-shirts.

Wow, you must be psyched at the Cobra.

I'd come over and take some pictures but I'm swamped.

The Cobra is being finished at Speedway Classic Cars at the track, SAI doesn't do that, just provides the rollers. I will see if I have enough time to drop by, tight schedule. Mine is a 50th Anniversary FIA, and only one color is available on them, Viking Blue, some pics.

post-39072-0-48673100-1423486815_thumb.jpg

post-39072-0-71448800-1423486837_thumb.jpg

The Cobra is being finished at Speedway Classic Cars at the track, SAI doesn't do that, just provides the rollers. I will see if I have enough time to drop by, tight schedule. Mine is a 50th Anniversary FIA, and only one color is available on them, Viking Blue, some pics.

Wow thats awesome , you must be excited in picking her up.

The Cobra is being finished at Speedway Classic Cars at the track, SAI doesn't do that, just provides the rollers.

Yeah, I realized that shortly after I hit "Send". My bad.

And MANNNNNN, your carb system is saaaWEET. I thought about changing mine over to something like that but at the same time I want to keep it as 'period correct' as possible. The 2-4's on the 427 looks killer too but a single with a Paxton would be nice to have too.

I know you're in the Mountain region but I can't remember where you're from. Arizona if my memory serves me? I'd love to see that thing in person. Maybe if you get to the summer time museum event up in Boulder we could hook up and compare toys.

Phill

Thanks guys, and I am in the High Mountains of New Mexico, outside Santa Fe. Got her home fine, my S/C Raptor is a monster towing machine. She drove great, sounds wonderful with the side exhaust, and those Webers are the period correct intake and carb setup for the FIA Cobra of 1964, the car is identical to the 5 they made that year. Here she is just after I loaded her at the Speedway….

And I will be back in 'Vegas for the WAC Basketball tourney next month and will pick up a banner then, I guess I need three now…..

post-39072-0-03332400-1423664074_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I bought two today at SAI when I visited to turn in my warranty card on CSX7972. I will put one on my GT350, not sure where the other will go, looks too big for my Cobra or GT500KR.

They must be making them bigger now.

I have one on my 2010 GT500 and it has space on either end to where I can (did) put my CS memorial stickers.

I 'fit' (placed?) my second one on my Cobra windscreen and it has plenty of room to spare too.

Phill

• 1 month later...

Archived