TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Allocation confusion

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i ordered nav, performance pack, recaro's, and glass roof. Did you order the glass roof? I think the material hold is on the glass roof. There is no way it could be on the performance, pack, or recaros as those are shelby specific. But the nav and glass roof may be the culprit. Some people thought it was the shaker put I was in material hold and I didn't have the shaker. Now I'm just wondering when my car will finally be scheduled. This is absolutely ridiculous that it takes THIS LONG to schedule a car. Never had this problem with audi, bmw, or lexus. Ford is just completely sucking in this department as much as I want this car.

My order has gone the exact same way. A material hold followed by processing... Has me a bit frustrated. Anyone know what the

material hold was about?

Recarro seat trim is on back-order. There's a TSB for current Recarro's.

Phill

There is no way it could be on the performance, pack, or recaros as those are shelby specific.

Not true. You can get Recarro's on a Mustang GT now.

Phill

my research has told me that they are building track pack cars first because of the stock oil cooler supply. Mine has been on material hold for a while now, quite frustrating.

This was solved today. That is not an issue anymore. And there are no constraints on recaros.

I read that too, my car is still on material hold, I only added the electronics package. Hopefully it will come off this week.

This is why I think the nav is culprit for the material holds.

I read that too, my car is still on material hold, I only added the electronics package. Hopefully it will come off this week.

This is why I think the nav is culprit for the material holds.

That could be too. I know the Nav head (screen?) was a problem on the last 12's that were ordered.

Phill

Maybe not. Just got my VIN today. So for people still showing material hold means they just haven't gotten to your dealer's allocation yet. Because I have a fully optioned coupe except the track pack and shaker pro. And the track pack has abundant supply same with the shaker pro.

its really weird. I would say it would only could be the nav and glass roof and shaker pro because these are the same on all mustangs. But mine has all of these except the shaker and mine is now in production for june 4th. So I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just pray when they get to your car next they have all material available for it lol

Is there any way to find out if Ford has accepted an order from a dealer?

Not sure if my dealer has / had an allocation or not but he says the order has been "locked in" by Ford as of a few days ago.

(Ordered 4/27, order confirmation sheet from dealer shows a 5/2/2012 with a priority code of 10)

Is there any way to find out if Ford has accepted an order from a dealer?

Not sure if my dealer has / had an allocation or not but he says the order has been "locked in" by Ford as of a few days ago.

(Ordered 4/27, order confirmation sheet from dealer shows a 5/2/2012 with a priority code of 10)

I'm in the exact same boat as you, I ordered 4/26 priority 10, Dealer says my car is locked in as well. I've been on material hold the whole time. So I don't think that means anything.

The way it sounds is if your dealer makes a order it will just sit in the system forever if they dont have the allocation..

I traded in my 2010 the day I put the order in so if the dealer sold my order or did something shady, I'm going to be pissed off.

Its like Ford is punishing "us" the customer, with out a better way to track our 60 thousand dollar cars, what a joke..

We should just bombard them with phone calls demanding a tracking system for customers, or at least provide us with better information so the dealer cant lie to us.

I'm in the exact same boat as you, I ordered 4/26 priority 10, Dealer says my car is locked in as well. I've been on material hold the whole time. So I don't think that means anything.

The way it sounds is if your dealer makes a order it will just sit in the system forever if they dont have the allocation..

I traded in my 2010 the day I put the order in so if the dealer sold my order or did something shady, I'm going to be pissed off.

Its like Ford is punishing "us" the customer, with out a better way to track our 60 thousand dollar cars, what a joke..

We should just bombard them with phone calls demanding a tracking system for customers, or at least provide us with better information so the dealer cant lie to us.

I have been told by my salesman that they do the same thing the general public can do to check an order. Call the SVT Performance folks at 1-800-367-3788 option 1, and if you have your VIN...give it to them for a scheduling update on the build, or if you don't have your VIN yet, give them the order number off of the DORA along with the dealer code...and you should be able to get a status update that way.

Looking at my DORA print out.....it has

Order rcpt date 5/12/12

DORA processed. 5/14/12

Schd is blank ( / / )

Priority. 11

Order Type. 1

Vin # 6 letter/# combination with a space

then a letter....example (xxx#xx x)

. Not sure if safe to post that.

So.....is this thing in the system and accepted ? Should there be other numbers or codes i should look for? Just making sure its moving forward as it should.

Archived