TEAM SHELBY FORUM

As we finalize 2013 product line, what opinions would you like to share on how the 2013 should look? What would be your content? Color? Options, etc.

What are your thoughts on a modern take on the 2007-2008 Shelby GT build strategy, such as rear spoiler delete, naturally aspirated configuration, shifter, suspension, gear change?

We would like your thoughts.

Roger

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the gd of love, green. Grabber blue would be awesome too.

I haven't see a "Gotta have it Green" yet but that may be a fantastic looking car.

Having said that, I'm a traditionalist and would want to see colors that reflect the classic GT350's colors.

Is the 2013 GT350 going to incorporate the new front nose/facia that is on the new Mustangs or will you be removing them and installing the 'old' GT350 front nose on them?

Phill

I dont think the old exclusive 2010-2012 Shelby GT500 or the every Mustang 2013 nose should be used. The GT350 had its own unique nose and I think it should be continued maybe keeping with the retro theme seeing how the current nose is based on the 1965 GT350, the new nose should resemble the 1967 Nose. And the rear? It had a unique rear and the every Mustang 2013 copied it, not exact but pretty close. Maybe the rear should also have a 1969 rear, it's similar now with the two exhaust pipes coming from the center rear. Keep the GT350 Unique , don't cheapen it by going with the rest of the off the shelf parts!

What about price point?

Roger

If you can lessen the price from the 2011, 2012 I think you will have more sales or if you could make the internals near built proof you would have a huge homerun.

I like the Boss because of the engine thats in it. If the GT350 had an engine in it similiar to the Boss I would have without doubt bought a GT350

I still think Shelby should make a non-street legal road course racer similiar to ones that Dean builds at Rehagen racing.

The GT 350 should be optioned so the price is under $15,000 for the package.

My suggestions for the "look" would be:

The "GT 350" decaled hood stripes are way too much so I would have them removed. I would offer painted stripes only or make it standard in the price.

I would keep the stock, 2013 Mustang front end but change the hood to duplicate the SGT hood - only make it have a functional air intake. The other option would be to use the current GT 350 hood.

Lower the car a little, upgrade the suspension, have a 3.73 rear end - even with the automatics.

Add some nice lower control arms to the rear end to get the hp to the pavement. Traction would be a priority.

Have Gil figure out a way to tune the engine so it makes 450 hp - this should be quite easy from what I've seen being done to the 5.0.

Forget the superchargers and add an optional Boss 302 engine for those that really have the deep pockets.

Keep the same wheels as last year, they are very nice!

Add functional brake ducts for the rear brakes and the brake scoops like on the 1960's Shelbys.

The new Mustangs handle quite nicely so the modifications would not have to be extensive to make this baby handle like a champ.

Remove the lower valance on the rear of the car - the one that has the out-of-place cut-out by the license plate, and replace it with the 2012 valance or make a new one without that cut-out.

The original GT 350's were not modified appearance-wise that much. Retaining the stock front end - like that on the GT/CS, painting the stripes, adding a functional hood scoop, rear brake scoops/ducts and a new lower rear valance would change the appearance enough to be a tribute to the original design of the 1960's GT 350s.

Now "git er done" Roger !

jP

ps - Hope you had a great birthday Roger.

I concur with springer's ideas. I owned the 2007 Shelby gt and now an 11gt350. If you can keep the design simple that should help with the pricing and if the boss engine could be an option I am betting many would choose that. I doubt ford would let that happen but if they would that would be an outstanding option for customers.....the side exhaust would be cool too!

Boss engine option is great; painted blue or silver stripe on white is an outstanding option. Price it right!

Only $12K from Ford Racing :spend:

M-6007-M50B.jpg

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12865

Another one of the many reasons why I traded-in my SGT... Thought about switching out the 3V 4.6L for the BOSS 302 to have the best of both worlds... But in the end, it just made more financial sense for me, to buy a whole BOSS 302 instead :drop:

As we finalize 2013 product line, what opinions would you like to share on how the 2013 should look? What would be your content? Color? Options, etc.

What are your thoughts on a modern take on the 2007-2008 Shelby GT build strategy, such as rear spoiler delete, naturally aspirated configuration, shifter, suspension, gear change?

Roger

Boss 302 in green, yellow and grabber blue, reflective white stripes, Tokico D Specs, FRPP "L" springs, sway bars, watts link, MGW shifter, RTR or similar BBS type wheel with 285 35 f+r - should be able to sell a bunch @ $55-60 k

As we finalize 2013 product line, what opinions would you like to share on how the 2013 should look? What would be your content?

Roger

Simpiler styled car like an SGT Sounds great.

Taillight mod necessary. Functional scoop.

350 awesome car, not on my radar due to pricing.

Simply other cars I'd rather have at that price point. But obviously that does not stop them from being sold.

Not saying its not worth it, just what I know.

Would like to see letter back on deck lid and off bumper.

So also was the GTS kinda like a modern SGT? Great looking car BTW the black one at Bash was cool!

And Happy Birthday Roger!

Whatever the options, the car needs to be delivered in a reasonable time frame. Hire a person that understands Supply Chain Management and get the parts you need to build in motion. 12 weeks should be the worst case lead time. 6-8 should be the norm.

Boss 302 in green, yellow and grabber blue, reflective white stripes, Tokico D Specs, FRPP "L" springs, sway bars, watts link, MGW shifter, RTR or similar BBS type wheel with 285 35 f+r - should be able to sell a bunch @ $55-60 k

HUH? I thought we were discussing Shelby's, and GT350's in particular.....

Phill

Roger

You are not gonna offer a color that FORD doesn't offer so this is a loaded question... since I am planning on ordering a 2013 GT350 YES I like the original White w/ Blue but a Black GT350 with optional stripe delete would look real nice! I also think a Silver Conv. w/ Blue stripes would look sharp! I am ONLY interested in ordering a Convertible and per my conversation with Jeremy I am stuck until you decide what colors you will allow the Conv. to be done it. Also, would like to see the front-end changed. I like the current hood but the front is not attractive compared to the GT500 and the 2013 GT.

I actually gave this queston some serious thought, and realized it could/would be the answer to a question Ford can't seem to deliver a proper answer on.

Instead of using a Boss 302 as a base (they did it in '69, once), use a GT/CS. It would be a reversal of history as the original GC/CS was a Mustang with Shelby details, this would be a Shelby based on GT/CS details. It would also allow for something unique, cost effective got SA as well as give us the chance at getting somethign Ford won't deliver.

I looked at a new GT/CS, but ford won't (can't?) offer it with the 3:73 gears, Brembo brakes or Recaro seats. I like the air dam, and grille over the stock GTs offerings. SA could make a deal with Fprd to deliver GT/CSs with those options, outfit the cars with unique hood, striping, wheels and whatever other details deemed essential, along wth the proper tuning (Boss intake with a snake logo?) and other performance upgrades at a cost that might be more accessible to other buyers. Offer the norman supercharger upgrades, as well as painted stripes, and other unique SA GT350 options and you'd a have a near perfect car!

My $ .02

I actually gave this queston some serious thought, and realized it could/would be the answer to a question Ford can't seem to deliver a proper answer on.

Instead of using a Boss 302 as a base (they did it in '69, once), use a GT/CS. It would be a reversal of history as the original GC/CS was a Mustang with Shelby details, this would be a Shelby based on GT/CS details. It would also allow for something unique, cost effective got SA as well as give us the chance at getting somethign Ford won't deliver.

I looked at a new GT/CS, but ford won't (can't?) offer it with the 3:73 gears, Brembo brakes or Recaro seats. I like the air dam, and grille over the stock GTs offerings. SA could make a deal with Fprd to deliver GT/CSs with those options, outfit the cars with unique hood, striping, wheels and whatever other details deemed essential, along wth the proper tuning (Boss intake with a snake logo?) and other performance upgrades at a cost that might be more accessible to other buyers. Offer the norman supercharger upgrades, as well as painted stripes, and other unique SA GT350 options and you'd a have a near perfect car!

My $ .02

This is close to the same thing I was thinking. I think the GT/CS would be a good start, add the 3.73 gears, some engine tweaks, a different hood or hood scoop, suspension tweaks, nice wheels a few graphics etc and this package could be done for $12,000 to $15,000. I'd also get rid of the lower rear valance - that license plate cut-out is very distracting.

As a current Shelby GT owner I'd prefer that you didn't offer another GT but the one guy has a good idea about using the GT/CS and actually doing a Shelbyized GT/California Special... I'm still wanting a GT350 Conv so when I finally get moved to Hawaii I want the Conv

Great feedback. We have seen the Shelby GT name in several responses, is that a car of interest.

Roger

No we do not need another Shelby GT . The nick name " baby Shelby " when compared to the GT 500 650HP . Ford is not going to let you compete with the Boss 302. Leave the legend of the SGT alone.

Would Ford allow Shelby do a conversion on the BOSS 302? I doubt it but if they did that would be a big hit with many Boss owners.

Ford couldn't stop them, it's a post title conversion.

Phill

Archived