TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Track Wheels and Tires for 2012 GT 350

I need some help selecting wheels and tires for the track. My GT 350 is a 2012 with Eibach springs, shocks, and anti-roll bars. It has 14-inch Wilwood brakes, Watts link, and the 624 hp supercharger.

I think I would like to run 275/40/18 Hoosier R6 tires. They work well on my 650 hp Terminator (2003 SVT Cobra Mustang) with Kenny Brown suspension.

I would like suggestions on wheels. I am thinking 18 by 9 with 35 mm offset. I would like them to be in the 18 to 25 pound weight range. I don't need all-out racing wheels.

I have not yet found this combination. I am flexible, especially if I can find a combination that is already tested. HELP !!!!! B)

You can try finding some one piece 18x10 wheels - Roush made them for the 427R track pack cars ( Stage3Motorsports ) or you can check with Jongbloed or CCW both make one piece wheels which are cheaper than the three piece units. If your budget doesn't allow for the price you'll probably looking at a heavier wheel.

I am looking at Konig 18 x 9.5 Kilogram wheels with a 35 mm offset. They reportedly weigh 18 pounds and four can be delivered for less than a grand.

My only worry is clearnance for my 6-piston 14-inch Wilwood calipers. Does anyone have experience with these? Or comments?

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered a set of Boss 302S wheels from Rehegan Racing...18" x 9.5" made by BBS. Basically the same wheel they run in Grand Am, but will fit without changing wheel studs and adding spacers. Wheels only weigh 20.7 pounds each. I will mount up either Hoosier R6's or Toyo RA1's in size 275/35ZR18...a great combination!

Archived