TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 GT500 JOB1: 30 April 2012

Production of the 2013 Shelby GT500 started yesterday, 01 May 2012. :shift:

Don't expect the GT500s to ship out immediately as they will all undergo numerous quality checks. :hi5:

Excellent news !! I hope keep building until they at least build mine !

Production of the 2013 Shelby GT500 started yesterday, 01 May 2012. :shift:

Don't expect the GT500s to ship out immediately as they will all undergo numerous quality checks. :hi5:

So your info is solid? What is the deal with the SVT group? Why won't they give any information to the buying public? Especially the folks that have already put down a deposit and are former owners. Seems rather shortsighted. I have a DORA dated 3/20/12 and have called 3-4 times and get butkus...zero info and no promise of a date when they will/can tell me anything.

So your info is solid? What is the deal with the SVT group? Why won't they give any information to the buying public? Especially the folks that have already put down a deposit and are former owners. Seems rather shortsighted. I have a DORA dated 3/20/12 and have called 3-4 times and get butkus...zero info and no promise of a date when they will/can tell me anything.

I would imagine that Robert's info is quite solid. Also, this is pretty much considered a new product from Ford. Most often is the case that the first couple days, or 1-2 weeks production will sit until, like Robert said, many, many quality inspections are done. If there is the most minor defect found, they may sit for another couple weeks+ depending on if they find any issue and how to resolve. No way at this point that the guys on the phone at SVT are going to have information on the actual release and shipment of the cars until Ford gives the go ahead. This is just very standard procedure. So the guys on the phone cannot give info that they do not have. They may today, they may tomorrow, or maybe next week. But until Ford allows them to give the go ahead when inspections are done, they know nothing. I would imagine that more solid info should come, and be provided to SVT/Dealers within 1-2 days.

sweet...saw a few GT's around, DIb and Candy look good....but man oh man....im dying to get the news from my dealer of when my GT500 is being built...god i might tack on 1000 miles in the first month

Saw two trucks leaving the auto rail yard here in Denver full of 2013 Mustangs together. Wish I had my camera, it was just a cool sight. Most GT's of all colors.

I would imagine that Robert's info is quite solid. Also, this is pretty much considered a new product from Ford. Most often is the case that the first couple days, or 1-2 weeks production will sit until, like Robert said, many, many quality inspections are done. If there is the most minor defect found, they may sit for another couple weeks+ depending on if they find any issue and how to resolve. No way at this point that the guys on the phone at SVT are going to have information on the actual release and shipment of the cars until Ford gives the go ahead. This is just very standard procedure. So the guys on the phone cannot give info that they do not have. They may today, they may tomorrow, or maybe next week. But until Ford allows them to give the go ahead when inspections are done, they know nothing. I would imagine that more solid info should come, and be provided to SVT/Dealers within 1-2 days.

Jeff - appreciate very much he concise and crisp information. I will give it some time and allow Ford SVT to be sure that a top rated product is produced. I understand now that the guys answering the phone at SVT basically have their hands tied. I am in no way disappointed with SVT...just very anxious to get this new, bold, probably last in the line of a retro designed Shelby that will be built!

If I were in your shoes, I'd feel the same way! I couldn't wait another day!!! Specially knowing that your car may be done and waiting for you!! :)

Well I called again this morning and was told my GT500 was still showing a status of "processing with no details"....no VIN, no build date...etc. The guy did say that some GT500s have started and that some folks have VINs and delivery dates. He said that the "algorithm" to determine which car gets built was unknown to him.

...we wait till sometime next week to give it another try....

I know with the Bosses they let about 14 out before they realized there was stripe adhesive issue on the front bumper. My car sat about a month because of this. One of the reasons I went with the Boss was because I'd rather have all the bugs worked out of the car and it be a buyers market when I'm ready to make my purchase. In the meantime I'll deal with my lowly 444HP. :)

Archived