TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Shelby GT500 Vs. Camaro Video

8camaro

Here I am defending american cars against those pos cars coming from toyota, honda, nissan, et cetera and the camaro isn't even that American.

I'm glad I side with Ford and the Mustang. Not only would my sanity be lost by now but I'd be rolling down the street in a garbage Honda by now...

I kind of feel like Obi-wan in Star Wars right now; us Mustang owners (hopefully) viewed the Camaro as a brother and an apprentice, but in the end we had to cut it's legs and an arm off.... :P

Here I am defending american cars against those pos cars coming from toyota, honda, nissan, et cetera and the camaro isn't even that American.

I'm glad I side with Ford and the Mustang. Not only would my sanity be lost by now but I'd be rolling down the street in a garbage Honda by now...

I kind of feel like Obi-wan in Star Wars right now; us Mustang owners (hopefully) viewed the Camaro as a brother and an apprentice, but in the end we had to cut it's legs and an arm off.... :P

Last July 4th weekend, a local Chevy dealer had ad in the newspaper, right top of the Camaro ad was "Buy American". I called the dealer just to f*ck with them, this was our conversation.

Me- I am interested in the Camaro and its an iconic American Muscle car, I want to make sure its built in America.

Salesman- Not sure, but its American Muscle

Me-Do you know where its built?

Salesman-......................................................................................I believe Ontorio, Canada.

Me-mmmmmmmm, I heard its a great handling car.

Salesman- Better then the Mustang.

Me-Do you know what the frame the Camera is sitting on?

Salesman- Holden

Me- What's that?

Salesman-very popular frame built in Australia.

Me- I heard a South Korean designed the Camaro, but you are also telling me that it sits on an Australian frame, tested in Australia, then built in Canada. So what exactly is American about the Camaro?

Salesman- The name, its iconic.

Me- So is the Mustang.

Salesman- hung up.

Last July 4th weekend, a local Chevy dealer had ad in the newspaper, right top of the Camaro ad was "Buy American". I called the dealer just to f*ck with them, this was our conversation.

Me- I am interested in the Camaro and its an iconic American Muscle car, I want to make sure its built in America.

Salesman-......................................................................................I believe Ontorio, Canada.

Salesman- Holden

Me- What's that?

Me- I heard a South Korean designed the Camaro, but you are also telling me that it sits on an Australian frame, tested in Australia, then built in Canada. So what exactly is American about the Camaro?

Me- So is the Mustang.

Salesman- hung up.

I used to be a GM muscle car guy. I own a 96 Impala SS, an 05 GTO and actually wanted a ZL-1. I bought a DD Ford Escape in 2009 and was very impressed with the fit, finish quality, etc of the Escape. When I started calling around and stopping in to Chevy dealers about the ZL-1 - I get "oh well, don't know when we will get one, you are fourth in line, don't even know when or if we can order one, blah, blah, blah". Thought I would give Ford a chance and at 650HP what is there NOT to like? Well the Ford dealer was more than happy to place my order for just what I wanted and did not give me the run around crap like the Chevy dealers. Plus Ford pays their bills, Government Motors does not.

Salesman- Holden

Me- What's that?

Me- So is the Mustang.

Salesman- hung up.

:hysterical2:

And video was great too!

Archived