TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Mustang Brochure?

nachtkriechen

Does anyone have the 2007 Mustang brochure? If you look on page "Five" under the "Ford Racing" section, there is a 2007 Mustang GT loaded with FR parts. The page talks about everything shown on the car EXCEPT, those sweet wheels! I've even gone to www.fordvehicles.com and www.fordracingparts.com and neither have information on the wheels. Without a name or manufacturer, it's like looking for a needle in a stack of needles on the internet! They look similar to the GT500 wheels, but are very different if you look close.

Thanks,

- Josh

post-6624-1176390136_thumb.jpg

post-6624-1176390136_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have the 2007 Mustang brochure? If you look on page "Five" under the "Ford Racing" section, there is a 2007 Mustang GT loaded with FR parts. The page talks about everything shown on the car EXCEPT, those sweet wheels! I've even gone to www.fordvehicles.com and www.fordracingparts.com and neither have information on the wheels. Without a name or manufacturer, it's like looking for a needle in a stack of needles on the internet! They look similar to the GT500 wheels, but are very different if you look close.

Thanks,

- Josh

Those are Ford GT wheels ($$$). You can find replicas at www.ctrwheels.com

Those are Ford GT wheels ($$$). You can find replicas at www.ctrwheels.com

Thank you much ratnacage! That's been bugging me for a long time! As for the cost, it doesn't look much more expensive (per wheel) than most other nice wheels. I absolutely love the GT replica wheels, but, I think I still like the American Racing Carroll Shelby Razor wheels better. When it comes time for me to choose, it won't be a quick decision.

Thanks again,

- Josh

I give the nod to those GT40 wheels because they come in 18's. Both those and the Razors are sweet, but the Razors only come in 20's. Too much bling for me.

Actually, rpenna, they come in 17", 18", & 20"! I drool every time I see them: http://www.americanracing.com/wheels/detai...&section=SL

My question is, when choosing wheels, now that they've gotten into the 20" and larger sizes, I don't care how light the aluminum is, weight IS an issue. So question #1: At what wheel size are your wheels detracting from your 0-60 & 1/4 mile times? I mean we could argue about an ounce here and ripping out all unneeded seats there, rip out the A/C, etc., but I'm talking about realistically "daily driver" concerns.

Question #2: I can't seem to get a strait answer on tire mileage from places like Discount & Les Schwab, etc. I was told that once you go beyond 17" wheels, you can no longer get "all season" tires that will give you 60,000 miles or so. True? False?

Thanks,

- Josh

Actually, rpenna, they come in 17", 18", & 20"! I drool every time I see them: http://www.americanracing.com/wheels/detai...&section=SL

My question is, when choosing wheels, now that they've gotten into the 20" and larger sizes, I don't care how light the aluminum is, weight IS an issue. So question #1: At what wheel size are your wheels detracting from your 0-60 & 1/4 mile times? I mean we could argue about an ounce here and ripping out all unneeded seats there, rip out the A/C, etc., but I'm talking about realistically "daily driver" concerns.

Question #2: I can't seem to get a strait answer on tire mileage from places like Discount & Les Schwab, etc. I was told that once you go beyond 17" wheels, you can no longer get "all season" tires that will give you 60,000 miles or so. True? False?

Thanks,

- Josh

No serious race car has 20" wheels (rarely anyway). They all have 18" or in some cases 19". 20's are all about appearance, while 18's or even 17's will get you the best performance. (IN MY OPINION). I've driven a Mustang with 20's and was not impressed with the way it handled - it was not confidence inspiring in turns especially if it was a bumpy turn.

post-6180-1176428761_thumb.jpg

Here's my car with WedSport TC005's in 18X9 and 18X10's. Lightest 18 inch wheel that I've seen, 18.5 lbs for the fronts and 19 lbs for the rear. Resemble the GT40 wheels in appearance.

Thanks, ratnacage and 90GT. Those are beautiful Stangs! The wheels really do work with the Mustang body. I dream about the day I'll be able to drive off the lot with my brand new GT (hopefully Saleen or Shelby Supercharged). In my dreams I'm stuck deciding between Redfire, and Alloy. As it stands, it seems like there's a Redfire Stang at every stoplight, so, as beautiful as Redfire is, I'm leaning more towards Alloy.

My time to buy a new Stang may come too late for the current body style. I'm just finishing up an internship to go into my career field, and it looks like I might be starting at around 27k, maybe a little lower. That's not enough to support my wife AND get a new Stang. I really love the current styling, and the 2009 body style that was featured on the November issue of Road & Track is "ok", but, it's getting further and further away from the retro look. And while it's good that the 2009 better resembles the GT500, it's still not the current style. The 2012 car, is very cool looking, and has Mustang Styling ques, but, is a bit too futuristic to me. Who knows, maybe these new styles will grow on me?

It's good to know there are quality sites like Stangs Unleashed with good people that are just as obsessed with Stangs as I am.

- Josh

PS

I'm attaching two photos, one is the original of a guy who goes by "blnpony05", his ride is SWEET, and is just about the way I'd set mine up if I were to buy a Redfire GT, but, the second photo is my doing in Photoshop and more along the lines of how I'd have my Redfire! ;-) If you look closely, I've made quite a few modifications to the picture.

post-6624-1176480183_thumb.jpg

post-6624-1176480183_thumb.jpg

Thanks, ratnacage and 90GT. Those are beautiful Stangs! The wheels really do work with the Mustang body. I dream about the day I'll be able to drive off the lot with my brand new GT (hopefully Saleen or Shelby Supercharged). In my dreams I'm stuck deciding between Redfire, and Alloy. As it stands, it seems like there's a Redfire Stang at every stoplight, so, as beautiful as Redfire is, I'm leaning more towards Alloy...

Rightous color choice! Gotta love it....

Rightous color choice! Gotta love it....

Here's the thing, though. As I mentioned above, Redfire is GORGEOUS, but, A: they're everywhere and B: My theory on fast beautiful cars...

If you plan on EVER driving your car fast, and don't want hundreds of dollars in speeding tickets (even when you're sitting still in a parking lot) why would you EVER buy a Torch Red, Screaming Yellow, Grabber Orange, Performance White, or any other high profile color?

The Mustang is a high profile car at the moment just because of its acclaim and popularity, so that alone draws everyone's attention to it, but, add the fact that humans are drawn to things that are moving fast no matter what shape or color it is (it's a instinctive "save your butt" response), but if you also add a high profile color to something that's moving fast, and add the fact that Cops are humans too, but are TRAINED to look for speeders, and you've now got a formula for a life time of speeding tickets! Yaaaaay! Admitedly all of the colors I mentioned are BEAUTIFUL on the Stang, but, I'm not just about the Stang's looks. When my day comes, I plan on joining the SCCA and seeing how good I can get on tracks! Not to mention, my favorite, DUSTING RICERS on the road that think their "Honda" is hot. You can make a brick do 0-60 in less than 4 seconds if you put the right power behind it, but it doesn't mean it's beautiful.

- Josh

Ohhh, shelby's site only has the 20's. Hmm, now I'm torn!

rpenna,

One thing that may clinch the deal between the two, I've owned a set of Konig Imagine wheels that are similar to the CT-R wheels in that they have spokes. They look amazing, but, the very unfortunate down side is cleaning them. When you have "spoke" wheels, and it comes time to get the road grime and brake dust off of them, you have to clean both sides of each spoke, not to mention the face of each spoke! After cleaning each spoke on each wheel that way a few times, you'll get tired of it pretty quick. Then you get lazy, and don't want to clean them anymore, then they look dirty all the time. ARGH! But they're just so darned beautiful! Good and bad points.... such is life.

- Josh

• 7 months later...
Thanks, ratnacage and 90GT. Those are beautiful Stangs! The wheels really do work with the Mustang body. I dream about the day I'll be able to drive off the lot with my brand new GT (hopefully Saleen or Shelby Supercharged). In my dreams I'm stuck deciding between Redfire, and Alloy. As it stands, it seems like there's a Redfire Stang at every stoplight, so, as beautiful as Redfire is, I'm leaning more towards Alloy.

My time to buy a new Stang may come too late for the current body style. I'm just finishing up an internship to go into my career field, and it looks like I might be starting at around 27k, maybe a little lower. That's not enough to support my wife AND get a new Stang. I really love the current styling, and the 2009 body style that was featured on the November issue of Road & Track is "ok", but, it's getting further and further away from the retro look. And while it's good that the 2009 better resembles the GT500, it's still not the current style. The 2012 car, is very cool looking, and has Mustang Styling ques, but, is a bit too futuristic to me. Who knows, maybe these new styles will grow on me?

It's good to know there are quality sites like Stangs Unleashed with good people that are just as obsessed with Stangs as I am.

- Josh

PS

I'm attaching two photos, one is the original of a guy who goes by "blnpony05", his ride is SWEET, and is just about the way I'd set mine up if I were to buy a Redfire GT, but, the second photo is my doing in Photoshop and more along the lines of how I'd have my Redfire! ;-) If you look closely, I've made quite a few modifications to the picture.

googled my name and look what showed up!!! Thank you for thr props.....I kinda like bln 2!! I am also a girl...lol!

googled my name and look what showed up!!! Thank you for thr props.....I kinda like bln 2!! I am also a girl...lol!

blnpony05,

Sorry for the gender mix-up, I guess I "assumed" you were a guy. My bad. May I compliment you on owning the sweetest (in my opinion) GT I've seen! Too bad the metallic "Redfire" is no more. "Dark Candy Apple Red" is ok, but, has no metal flake. It looks too flat to me. At any rate, nice setup! Stick around, this is one of the best (if not THE best) Stang site out there, with a lot of really great people.

Welcome!

- Josh

blnpony05,

Sorry for the gender mix-up, I guess I "assumed" you were a guy. My bad. May I compliment you on owning the sweetest (in my opinion) GT I've seen! Too bad the metallic "Redfire" is no more. "Dark Candy Apple Red" is ok, but, has no metal flake. It looks too flat to me. At any rate, nice setup! Stick around, this is one of the best (if not THE best) Stang site out there, with a lot of really great people.

Welcome!

- Josh

no problem with the mix up....happens all the time when you are a girl in a mans world :headspin: again thanks for the compliments and for the welcome!!!

blnpony05,

Welcome!

- Josh

Dark Candy Apple Red has metal flake in it. When the sun is just right it really sparkles.

Dark Candy Apple Red has metal flake in it. When the sun is just right it really sparkles.

Hmm, when I was looking at the "Dark Candy Apple" Stangs on the lot a couple of weeks ago, they just didn't seem to have the depth that the Redfire does. Dark Candy Apple looks ok, but, as I mentioned above, in comparisson to Redfire, DCA looks flat or non-metallic to me.

Maybe its the size of the metal flaking they used? I don't know. All I know is that when I see a Redfire Mustang, it ilicits the "drool response" in me. When I see the DCA, it ilicits an indifferent response in me. Maybe I just need more exposure to DCA? :shrug:

- Josh

Archived