TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car bangs on new Borla Exhaust

3ponies

I have a 2008 GT500 Vert with Ford Racing Lowering Springs. I never had an issue with clanging & banging until I had the dealer put on the Shelby GT500 Borla XR1 Exhaust System (2007-2009) last month. The car has been lowered for years. I did a search and didn't find any posts on this topic. The dealer is currently installing the Shelby Sway Bar Kit that is on sale now and trying to adjust out the noise. Any shared experiences will be appreciated.

Rick

clear1x1.gif

Is it the exhaust hitting the underbody or the axle hitting the exhaust or the panard hitting the exhaust (just wondering if won the side bet) anyways they should be able to rotate the intermediate pipes to clear by the axle housing.

Albino500 the dealer has your write up for reference. So far the Panard seems to not be in play. It appears the exhaust is hitting in several places and adjustments are being made. They are trying to get it on a lift where the car sits at normal load without having to remove the front bumper. I know it was hitting on the axle at one point.

Thanks for all your help.

Good luck at the dealer Rick . Don't they have an alignment rack for cars that they can drive it on or atleast put some boards/planks down to extend the ramps so you don't hit the front splitter ? Let us know what happens.

Good luck at the dealer Rick . Don't they have an alignment rack for cars that they can drive it on or atleast put some boards/planks down to extend the ramps so you don't hit the front splitter ? Let us know what happens.

The alignment rack is where they want to work on it but are concerned about driving the car on with the splitter on. I'll sit tight and wait but the clanging has to stop.

I'll let you know the outcome. I am off to Road America on Friday for a Track Event so I am not sure when I'll get the car back.

I take it that you are taking the Roush to the track . I just finished working on a 427R track pack today for a customer to go this Friday to a Hooked on Driving track event at Infineon Raceway ( I think or it was Thunderhill Raceway) They are fun cars - I'll keep an eye out to see what they came up to fix the problem.

I take it that you are taking the Roush to the track . I just finished working on a 427R track pack today for a customer to go this Friday to a Hooked on Driving track event at Infineon Raceway ( I think or it was Thunderhill Raceway) They are fun cars - I'll keep an eye out to see what they came up to fix the problem.

Yep, I did numerous ( Had done ) track upgrades to the Black Jack over the winter. Front Brake Cooling Duct, Afco Dual Fan, FRPP Twin Throttle Body and some bling. I am looking forward top getting on the track @ Road America Saturday.

Is it the exhaust hitting the underbody or the axle hitting the exhaust or the panard hitting the exhaust (just wondering if won the side bet) anyways they should be able to rotate the intermediate pipes to clear by the axle housing.

The "Clang A Bang" Borla Exhaust seems fixed. The Shelby Sway Bar Kit is installed and I like the ride. It is on the middle setting and feels tight not harsh!

Thank you for all your follow up and recommendations. I feel better about my 5 hour ride to the Indiana Shelby Spring Fling next month. I took first in my class a few years ago at the show.

Rick

The "Clang A Bang" Borla Exhaust seems fixed. The Shelby Sway Bar Kit is installed and I like the ride. It is on the middle setting and feels tight not harsh!

Thank you for all your follow up and recommendations. I feel better about my 5 hour ride to the Indiana Shelby Spring Fling next month. I took first in my class a few years ago at the show.

Rick

Hey Rick, glad everything worked out. Did you know we are doing a Team Shelby event at Lucas Oil Raceway Park at the end of June? If not go to the regional area in Team Shelby and check it out. Hope to see you here.

Hey Rick, glad everything worked out. Did you know we are doing a Team Shelby event at Lucas Oil Raceway Park at the end of June? If not go to the regional area in Team Shelby and check it out. Hope to see you here.

Thanks for the update. I did see the announcement and it sounds great but with the SpringFling in late May in Indiana and 11 days on the HRPT in June another June event may cost me my 8 car garage!

Archived