TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 GT500 ADM Discussion Thread

I havent even checked ebay yet, but I called a few dealers who wanted anywhere from 5k-20k over MSRP. Ended up dealing with one 1 mile from my house. @msrp....gotta love it

A very quick glance at eBay shows most sellers asking $5-10k over MSRP. I have a feeling that ADM's will be short lived on the 2013 as what dealer wants to be stuck with the car when the 2014 rolls out.

Steve

I agree they will be short lived, but the issue is they will drive many buyers to an alternative car and in the end Ford will get Hurt.

Anyone remember the Thunderbird???? Probably could have been a decent seller if not for ADM's. How about the Shelby GT, I got mine for X-Plan plus 0% because of the ADM's, when I got it for that the "Sticker" had an ADM on it.

2007 they had no competition and it was the "Shelby" name coming back, those days are LONG GONE.

What happened to ALL those dealers that used to be on this Forum????? The ones that kept hyping up that ADM's would be even more in 2008??? They are ALL GONE!!!! The dealers on here now are on because they want to give us deals and they are enthusiast, back then they were here to make $$$$.

I forgot the one persons name, but me and him went back and forth all the time, I wish I could pull up the old threads, he was dead WRONG on all of his predictions and as soon as ADM's went away so did he.

Funny

I have said it before and I will say it again you are a SUCKER if you pay an ADM, I personally would wait until the prices go below MSRP, but I understand some do not want to wait.

I think any dealer seeking to screw their customers via ADMs should have their name listed publicly on all forums so we as consumers can avoid them, tell all of our friends to avoid them, on and on. We'd see a quick change in the policy of Raping customers via ADMs that are completely unnecessary on any car that is mass produced. Every dealership deserves to make honest profits but most ADMs are due to bs lies of limited availability.

I personally get offended by the lies that car salesmen spew. It's what I call diarrhea mouth. Therefore I go into all my auto transactions guns blazing. I tell them every bit of info I know about the car, production numbers, expected production numbers, dealer hold back, incentives etc. 90% o the time I'm met by a goofy salesman who tries right away to convince me I'm wrong. I stop them, refuse to work with them anymore and ask for either the Fleet manager or Gm, if still no beneficial deal for both parties....I move on to the next dealer.

Car buying should be enjoyable but so often it's a headache. Either due to uninformed salesman, $$hungry finance guys who try to sell you on BS undercoatings, paint protection, vin etched glass etc. when I find a dealer I can wrk with, I'm as loyal as a good lap dog. I recommend them to friends, go their for my oil changes, warranty work etc.

Well the Shelby name is continuing for the next generation mustang so its not like these 2013 and 2014 are the last chance to own one.

Is this a fact? I was wondering if they would call the new gen just a Cobra and drop the Shelby name. Either way, after the re-design I don't think they will come out with the Shelby for a few years after release.

I think any dealer seeking to screw their customers via ADMs should have their name listed publicly on all forums so we as consumers can avoid them, tell all of our friends to avoid them, on and on. We'd see a quick change in the policy of Raping customers via ADMs that are completely unnecessary on any car that is mass produced. Every dealership deserves to make honest profits but most ADMs are due to bs lies of limited availability.

I personally get offended by the lies that car salesmen spew. It's what I call diarrhea mouth. Therefore I go into all my auto transactions guns blazing. I tell them every bit of info I know about the car, production numbers, expected production numbers, dealer hold back, incentives etc. 90% o the time I'm met by a goofy salesman who tries right away to convince me I'm wrong. I stop them, refuse to work with them anymore and ask for either the Fleet manager or Gm, if still no beneficial deal for both parties....I move on to the next dealer.

Car buying should be enjoyable but so often it's a headache. Either due to uninformed salesman, $$hungry finance guys who try to sell you on BS undercoatings, paint protection, vin etched glass etc. when I find a dealer I can wrk with, I'm as loyal as a good lap dog. I recommend them to friends, go their for my oil changes, warranty work etc.

I was visiting my dad in Long Island last summer and the ford dealer there had a 2012 BOSS for $10G over MSRP and a 2012 GT 500 for $5000 over sticker. this was July 2011 so the vehicles had been out a while and good deals could be found on ebay. when I asked about the ADM, the dealer went into his song and dance about limited produciton, future collectability, and even tried to compare it to the 60s shelbys going for 6 figures today.

When shoping for my 2012 GT500 I found that some dealers did try to tack on the adm fee but I just stayed away from them and kept looking and I did find at least four dealers who did not, so I just went with one of them,dont pay adm just shop around and take your time and you will find a fair deal

I went into Peoria Ford here in Az today to inquire about ordering the '13 GT500 and got nothing but the run around from the sales guy (typical dip$hit too), then from the floor manager and then finally from the owner. I was seriously dissappointed the most after speaking with the owner.

I had asked if they were charging any ADM's on the GT500's and he said " certainly, why wouldn't I?). I then told him there are dealers who are selling for sticker and he then replied "well they are foolish people then. Haven't you ever heard of supply & demand? We have the supply and can demand ADM's, in fact, I've already turned down an offer of $7k over MSRP". I then told him that he and that buyer are both foolish and he is just out to gouge his customers.

His next reply was the best, "well if you know anything about Shelby, you'll know that he's getting ready to croak pretty soon and then the value of these cars will skyrocket when he does and when that happens I foresee the possibility of $20k ADM's on GT500's".

The owner was a pompous A$$ and I refuse to ever step foot in his facility again!!

If anyone knows of any other dealers in Az that are looking to get MSRP or less please feel free to contact me.

I ordered my 2013 at the end of March. I went to 2 dealers in central NJ and both of them were selling at MSRP. The first one I visited said he had 8 people ahead of me but their policy was never above MSRP and the one I ultimately used, again at MSRP sold me their 2nd allocation ( they told me they get 1 a quarter ). Hopefully my new Vert will arrive in August.

There are some really good dealers out there for sure.

Of course there will be "Adjusted market values" on this hero car depending on the dealer because there will always be buyers willing to pay it. Anyone wanting to purchase one without it would be wise to shop around for a reasonable dealership.

1IMG_1096.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I went into Peoria Ford here in Az today to inquire about ordering the '13 GT500 and got nothing but the run around from the sales guy (typical dip$hit too), then from the floor manager and then finally from the owner. I was seriously dissappointed the most after speaking with the owner.

I had asked if they were charging any ADM's on the GT500's and he said " certainly, why wouldn't I?). I then told him there are dealers who are selling for sticker and he then replied "well they are foolish people then. Haven't you ever heard of supply & demand? We have the supply and can demand ADM's, in fact, I've already turned down an offer of $7k over MSRP". I then told him that he and that buyer are both foolish and he is just out to gouge his customers.

His next reply was the best, "well if you know anything about Shelby, you'll know that he's getting ready to croak pretty soon and then the value of these cars will skyrocket when he does and when that happens I foresee the possibility of $20k ADM's on GT500's".

The owner was a pompous A$$ and I refuse to ever step foot in his facility again!!

If anyone knows of any other dealers in Az that are looking to get MSRP or less please feel free to contact me.

Have a great dealer here in Peoria, IL who will sell you one for list!

I am in AZ too. I didn't buy my Boss in AZ, and I am not buying my Shelby here either. I don't understand the need to buy "local". You can find many dealers in the US who will sell for for MSRP and simply drop ship it to your local dealer. I am having mine shipped to San Tan Ford here in AZ. It is called "courtesy delivery". Dealers usually charge around $200 to do a courtesy delivery for you. That is cheaper than having it shipped. Plus you get a MUCH better price on the car.

If you want to order one for MSRP, I know of a dealer who has one more allocation left. You can order it to spec for MSRP and have it courtesy delivered like me.

I went into Peoria Ford here in Az today to inquire about ordering the '13 GT500 and got nothing but the run around from the sales guy (typical dip$hit too), then from the floor manager and then finally from the owner. I was seriously dissappointed the most after speaking with the owner. I had asked if they were charging any ADM's on the GT500's and he said " certainly, why wouldn't I?). I then told him there are dealers who are selling for sticker and he then replied "well they are foolish people then. Haven't you ever heard of supply & demand? We have the supply and can demand ADM's, in fact, I've already turned down an offer of $7k over MSRP". I then told him that he and that buyer are both foolish and he is just out to gouge his customers. His next reply was the best, "well if you know anything about Shelby, you'll know that he's getting ready to croak pretty soon and then the value of these cars will skyrocket when he does and when that happens I foresee the possibility of $20k ADM's on GT500's". The owner was a pompous A$$ and I refuse to ever step foot in his facility again!! If anyone knows of any other dealers in Az that are looking to get MSRP or less please feel free to contact me.
Dealers like this just piss me off with those comments. Hope he gets hit by the hail storm from hell.

Bell Ford / Bell Rd.& I-17

My conversation with them today was MUCH shorter...$20,000 over MSRP or just shy of $80,000

Bell Ford / Bell Rd.& I-17

My conversation with them today was MUCH shorter...$20,000 over MSRP or just shy of $80,000

They were the first A-Holes I went into. They gave me the run around too. I spoke to a sales guy on a Thursday night and got him to get the approval for an allocation for MSRP from the night manager and then got shut down by the GM on Friday morning. He wanted $7500 over and wouldn't honor the deal from the night before.

I heard today that they are owned by the same person and it now sounds true after reading your post. I just wish these rip off artist dealers would lose their ability to get special cars such as these. FORD needs to have some sort of policy in place to limit how much dealers can mark up as I think it gives Ford a bit of a black eye to have these stories floating around about dealers like this.

They were the first A-Holes I went into. They gave me the run around too. I spoke to a sales guy on a Thursday night and got him to get the approval for an allocation for MSRP from the night manager and then got shut down by the GM on Friday morning. He wanted $7500 over and wouldn't honor the deal from the night before.

I heard today that they are owned by the same person and it now sounds true after reading your post. I just wish these rip off artist dealers would lose their ability to get special cars such as these. FORD needs to have some sort of policy in place to limit how much dealers can mark up as I think it gives Ford a bit of a black eye to have these stories floating around about dealers like this.

Interesting to note that the rip-off price went from $7,500 to $20,000 shortly after CS's passing.

This dealership is owned by Berge Ford in Mesa...I may look at the Corvette Centennial version instead.

Archived