TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GTH Grill

old man

Which lower grill would look the best on the 06? The upper is polished. I have both lower grills on order, polished & black. I also ordered a extra polished upper grill for my 07. I hope I never need it. Seeing as I have both cars I also have a extra hood & CS 8 grill just in case of something bad coming along. I was thinking the black wouldn't be as noticable on the 06, and be more stock looking. What's you thoughts? Thanks for your opinions. Harley

Has anyone installed the lower billet grille on their '06 GT-H (with just the honeycomb inserts on either side)? I understand it doesn't come with any mounting hardware, so wondering if anyone has the 411 on how they did it? I'm sure there's a couple of different ways.

I have ... you mount it with the rivets that should be included with the purchase ... drill 2 holes on each side, while holding the grill in place with string or wire, the holes are then riveted and then covered with the honeycomb covers

The holes that are on the grill will not work ,,, they don't line up properly.

I'm kinda wondering about what one would look like with both upper and lower black. Anybody done this? I know that starts taking away from the look of the GT-H, but that's easily changed back. hmmmmm.........

Well the new grills came today. I took your advise and got a black one for the bottom of the 06. I also ordered a upper and lower spare set of polished for the 07. To answer your questions, the new upper has 13 bars like the original. Neither lower grill came with any pop rivets. Thanks for all the input and help. Harley.

post-28414-0-53514600-1336093622_thumb.jpg

post-28414-0-53514600-1336093622_thumb.jpg

You have a collectors item with 12 bars. It sounds as if anyone wants the black grills they had better get them because of the Shelby sale on them. Can you say maybe discontinued soon ?

Archived