TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Liquid Glass?

There are so many so called "premium" car care products out there and I've read a thread on here about some of them? I was just wondering if anybody has tried Liquid Glass before and whether it's as good as they say it is. If anybody has tried it and can offer their input, I'd appreciate it. Thanks folks and have a nice week.

Been a user of it since i bought my Mach 1 in late '02, and that's the only thing I've used on it. I've got plenty of once used bottles of other products I've tried, and this one has me as a believer. It's been around for many years, and is still being 'discovered' by enthusiastic car owners.

Used it on a non clear coat car and it took the paint down to the primer on a fender high angle. You won't notice it on a clear coated car, but it does take off paint layers - I threw 1/2 a quart away and went back to the old Blue Coral Carnuba wax. Be careful with it if you wax your car alot.

Used it on a non clear coat car and it took the paint down to the primer on a fender high angle. You won't notice it on a clear coated car, but it does take off paint layers - I threw 1/2 a quart away and went back to the old Blue Coral Carnuba wax. Be careful with it if you wax your car alot.

:headscratch: I've used it since 1977. You don't need to wax a lot with it. Once a year is great. My 1977 F-150 (non-clear) looked better than new when I sold it in 1987.

I've used it but there are other products that are superior to it IMO.

I went through the gamut of the "high-end" stuff too, of which there are some good ones.

But right now I think the Meguiar's Ultimate Wax is the best product I've used in a long long while.

Goes on easy and comes off easy and is very durable and looks great.

BTW if you are driving your car more than on the weekends then once a year is probably not enough to wax your car. Just depends on how much driving time it sees.

P.S.

The Ultimate Wax LIQUID not paste. The paste leaves white residue on the trim and the liquid does not.

I've used Liquid Glass here and there in the past. Not a bad product. I wasn't overly impressed with the "after" results...but it's one of the better products to use. I agree with Imatk that Meguiars Ultimate wax is excellent. The paste version is a bit easier to work with, but as mentioned it isn't as safe to the plastic trim as the liquid version. You also cannot go wrong with Meguiars NXT 2.0 liquid wax - it'll give you great results.

Archived