TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The wife is weakening

ilmor

So....since we rented a Mustang convertible in Hilton Head last summer, my wife has been talking about how much she loved it, and has insisted that if she ever were to get one it would have to be the base V6 model w/ automatic just like we rented. It was a nice car and the new V6 does have decent power.

In addition, yesterday she spotted the story about the new Mustang, allegedly based on the Evos concept, which she's not to certain that she likes. She loves the current styling. I told her not to worry too much about that, since I'm sure there will be more than one concept that Ford will get out to the fans to test reactions, etc.

In the early afternoon we were working in around the house and my daughter wanted to go get some ice cream, so I suggested that we all get in the Shelby GT and head there! How could we resist, it being a beautiful spring day...

My wife had not ridden in the SGT in about 1 1/2 years!

So, I turn out onto the main road and give it a little extra gas...it takes off and the exhaust roars....just for a little bit to get up to speed.

She looks at me w/ a grin on her face and says...."OK, if we get a convertible maybe we should go with the GT".

She is weakening!!

P.S. - if we do this Mustang Convertible is would not replace the Shelby GT - it would replace my current everyday commuter Nissan in 3 years.

I like everything except the "in three years".... Women have a tendency to change their minds from time to time!

Yes, you are exactly right! Not much I can do about that however... :lol:

So....since we rented a Mustang convertible in Hilton Head last summer, my wife has been talking about how much she loved it, and has insisted that if she ever were to get one it would have to be the base V6 model w/ automatic just like we rented. It was a nice car and the new V6 does have decent power.

In addition, yesterday she spotted the story about the new Mustang, allegedly based on the Evos concept, which she's not to certain that she likes. She loves the current styling. I told her not to worry too much about that, since I'm sure there will be more than one concept that Ford will get out to the fans to test reactions, etc.

In the early afternoon we were working in around the house and my daughter wanted to go get some ice cream, so I suggested that we all get in the Shelby GT and head there! How could we resist, it being a beautiful spring day...

My wife had not ridden in the SGT in about 1 1/2 years!

So, I turn out onto the main road and give it a little extra gas...it takes off and the exhaust roars....just for a little bit to get up to speed.

She looks at me w/ a grin on her face and says...."OK, if we get a convertible maybe we should go with the GT".

She is weakening!!

P.S. - if we do this Mustang Convertible is would not replace the Shelby GT - it would replace my current everyday commuter Nissan in 3 years.

3 years? Wow! :drop:

I hope to have a blue oval back in my driveway this summer!happy%20feet.gif

3 years? Wow! :drop:

I hope to have a blue oval back in my driveway this summer!happy%20feet.gif

Hey, at least I'm planning ahead!!!

6 cylinders or 8, topless fun is the best. Agreed on the heated seats - wasn't an option on my '05 but I sure wish it was..maybe when I do the interior upgrade.

Miss you on the NTT!

I can see it now - I buy a '13 GT - then the '14 comes out and its killer! :drop:

You had me on "NTT"...but then I realized finally....The Nascar Thread? TNT??

• 2 weeks later...

:o The weakening process has almost fully run its course already. I think we may be ordering a new 5.0 this week :drop: as a new daily driver! Not a convertible, however, but w/ a Glass Roof option instead.

Yes...two 'Stangs in the garage! :happy feet:

I will of course keep you all informed.....

Looking like we'll be ordering one on Saturday. Dealer says 8 to 10 weeks delivery time.

Wow that Nissan did not last long, didn't you just buy that less than a year ago?

I have to admit I want a Vert as well, but I need all wheel drive, I am thinking my next DD will be a C4S Cab or an S5 Cab, maybe even another TT but Cab this time around.

Wish I had room for a 4th car, I would be all over Top Down experience.

:o The weakening process has almost fully run its course already. I think we may be ordering a new 5.0 this week :drop: as a new daily driver! Not a convertible, however, but w/ a Glass Roof option instead.

Yes...two 'Stangs in the garage! :happy feet:

I will of course keep you all informed.....

happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

Wow that Nissan did not last long, didn't you just buy that less than a year ago?

I have to admit I want a Vert as well, but I need all wheel drive, I am thinking my next DD will be a C4S Cab or an S5 Cab, maybe even another TT but Cab this time around.

Wish I had room for a 4th car, I would be all over Top Down experience.

Yes, I think its the shortest I ever owned a car...and I actually like the little Juke, its a fun car and has served us well. But, oh well! We'll still have our little 2010 CR-V to haul us around as well in inclement weather.

Good thing I didn't sell my spare Bullitt wheels and winter tires...I came really close but now I will use them! They are the black bullitt wheels too, so they should look rather sinister on the black GT. Meanwhile, the SGT remains warm and dry during the winter...

We have decided against the Vert and are instead going with the Glass Roof option. Did some research on TS and most guys that have it really like it.

We briefly considered an A6 or a BMW 5 as well, but this saves a good chunk of change, my wife wants it and I can't complain about having two 'Stangs!

Yes, I think its the shortest I ever owned a car...and I actually like the little Juke, its a fun car and has served us well. But, oh well! We'll still have our little 2010 CR-V to haul us around as well in inclement weather.

Good thing I didn't sell my spare Bullitt wheels and winter tires...I came really close but now I will use them! They are the black bullitt wheels too, so they should look rather sinister on the black GT. Meanwhile, the SGT remains warm and dry during the winter...

We have decided against the Vert and are instead going with the Glass Roof option. Did some research on TS and most guys that have it really like it.

We briefly considered an A6 or a BMW 5 as well, but this saves a good chunk of change, my wife wants it and I can't complain about having two 'Stangs!

Congrats! Craig

Progress - took the Juke to CarMax today to see what they would offer. Most of you probably know that they buy cars. They gave us a good offer, which is good for 7 days. On Saturday we're meeting w/ our local Ford dealer and after we get all the numbers figured out we'll decide whether to trade to Ford or sell to CarMax and we'll be ordering the new 'Stang. :happy feet:

Progress - took the Juke to CarMax today to see what they would offer. Most of you probably know that they buy cars. They gave us a good offer, which is good for 7 days. On Saturday we're meeting w/ our local Ford dealer and after we get all the numbers figured out we'll decide whether to trade to Ford or sell to CarMax and we'll be ordering the new 'Stang. :happy feet:

It's coming together now............. :yahoo:

Archived