TEAM SHELBY FORUM

IMPORTANT CARLISE 50th UPDATE

eagledriver

** IMPORTANT UPDATE**

If you have not yet purchased your 50th event package tickets you should do so ASAP as we only have a very limited number of packages left.

If you have not yet registered with Carlisle events you must do so ASAP. Pre-registration closes on Monday April 30th. If you pre-register you can participate in the grand entrance and park in the premier parking area on Friday only. You'll also get your "gate and go" vehicle pass for entry all 3 days. This pass will save you at least 1-2 hours PER DAY in entering the showfield! Without pre-registering you will not get this gate and go pass and can't be a part of the grand entrance. Remember April 30th is the deadline!

If you HAVE registered with Carlisle but have not chosen Team Shelby as your club affliation (under the drop down) or registered under the Team Shelby Northeast 50th Celebration option you must call Carlisle Events ASAP at 717-243-7855 and have them update your Carlisle registration before Monday April 30th. Please have them update your registration to be a part of the Team Shelby Northeast 50th Celebration. Again this is required to park with Team Shelby on Friday as we have been given the most sought after area of the showfield. You will need this special designation on your Carlisle vehicle pass to be a part of Friday's events. If you are also a member of another car club and want to park with Team Shelby on Friday you must make sure that TSNE is your primary club designation,

Saturday's and Sunday's parking will be strictly by class regardless of club affiliation. There will be no exceptions so again please make sure you are registered for the correct class as you will be required to park with your class on Saturday and Sunday.

So Friday at Carlisle is "Club day". For the most part parking is more relaxed and clubs are allowed to park together with minimal issues. The one exception on Friday will be Team Shelby. We have the very central area of the entire show. Carlisle revolves around Team Shelby on Friday. Because of this very limited very sought after area we need an EXACT count of vehicles by Monday 4/30. It's like trying to find 200 adjacent parking spaces in Times Square, NYC. We need an exact count to designate parking spaces which means you must have the special Team Shelby NE vehicle pass for Friday. Without it you will not have a space to park with us.

Saturday and Sunday parking will be very strictly controlled due to the antcipated large number of Shelbys and Fords in general. In past years parking was suggested in your class. This year it is mandatory to park with your class (NOT club). This will group ALL classes of Shelbys together in one area regardless of club. There will still be several classes of Shelbys but they will all be parked in consecutive rows in a single location of the showfield. Again if you own a Shelby and want to park on the showfield on Sat or Sun you will be parked with your class. No exceptions. This is for counting and verification purposes for Saturday's activities. For those who have attended before this is a change from previous years and is due to the large number of Shelbys this year. For those who have not attended before please realize that there will be about 3,000 cars on the showfield and parking is a challenge which is why mandatory class parking has been made for this year.

Please look for a basic FAQ email to be sent shortly.

In May the Survival Guide will be emailed to all registered participants.It will contain details for the entire celebration from Wednesday through Sunday PM. Maps,times,places,events in explicit detail will be included in the guide. It will be your invaluable resource to the celebration.

Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone in 6 weeks!

Andy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Good to hear, because I just logged in today thinking I need a detailed itinerary for this event. Less than 2 weeks away and I'm so excited as it will be my first road trip and event with my 'new to me' Shelby. :)

I chose TSNE as my club and have my pass from Carlisle Events. I don't see any special designation on the pass that specifies my club. Should there be?

Thanks

Colin

The color combination of the tag along with your ID number on the sticker identifies you as a TS member.

Mine is light green on top, dark green in the bottom with "Showfield", with two different numbers on it. Not sure where to stick this on the windshield since this is my first show at Carlisle.

I figure by "class" means all the SGTs are parked together, all the SGTSCs together, all the KRs together, all the early models together, etc. Or, parked by year. Either way, I'm cool being on the Showfield with 400 beautiful Shelby's. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

If I remember right I thought the sticker is supposed to be Drivers side top of the windshield.....I think.

I believe that's correct. Instructions were provided in the envelope with the sticker. I'd look but I'm business traveling at the moment...

Please remember :

If you want to participate in the Grand Entrance Friday AM then you MUST go to gate 5.

Saturday and Sunday will be gate 3 or gate 2 (much less busy)

SO : Friday- Grand Entrance Gate 5 OR NO Grand Entrance - Gate 3

Saturday- Gate 2 OR 3

Sunday - Gate 2 OR 3

You also must have the sticker on prior to arriving at the gate. 3,000 cars will enter within a few hours. Every car that has to stop for even 10 seconds adds hours to the end of the line.

Again, survival guide being emailed within 24 hours and will explain in detail.

Anyone knows the difference between GREEN and BLUE on the bottom of the sticker with SHOWFIELD across it?

It determines which area of the Team Shelby section you park in on Friday only... Not really much of an issue though as we have "3 blocks" worth of space.

If we didn't register as part of Team Shelby, but would like to come without a car, are there any packages for just Friday and Saturday available? I wasn't sure if my job was going to permit time away, but can now make it.

Thanks

Linda

If we didn't register as part of Team Shelby, but would like to come without a car, are there any packages for just Friday and Saturday available? I wasn't sure if my job was going to permit time away, but can now make it.

Thanks

Linda

At last count there will be a *small* quantity (less than 10) of tickets availabe at the door.

Please email John Keller directly at John at Decksupplies dot com

I was actually able to still register online from Carlisle events website, so I did. Thanks!

I was actually able to still register online from Carlisle events website, so I did. Thanks!

Linda -

Make sure you have purchased BOTH tickets if you want to be part of Friday nights banquet and the other Team Shelby exclusive parts of the event. If you just bought the Carlisle entrance ticket (about $40.00 +/-), you can get into the fairgrounds, and there is still tons to do, but I don't want you to miss out on all the extra's that John, Andy, and Tony have been working so hard to arrange.

Z-man

I've paid for both tickets but have only received the windoe sticker to get into Carlisle. Am I supposed to get anything else for the TSNE events or is all of that at the Guest Services tent?

Thanks

I've paid for both tickets but have only received the windoe sticker to get into Carlisle. Am I supposed to get anything else for the TSNE events or is all of that at the Guest Services tent?

Thanks

As I understand it (and I'm sure it will be explained when the survival guide is sent out), you need to bring your Paypal receipt (from the North East Region of Team Shelby), to the Team Shelby table at Carlisle. Then you can pick up your tickets to the dinner, goodie bag, and T-shirt (if you purchased one).

Archived