TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Changing my Screen Name to "7500 RPM"

07SGT0547

Bought the H car in Feb, shipping the KR to Europe from the summer...NOT a snowballs chance in... :hysterical2:

Forgot about picking up the Hertz car right before the BASH... But there's always next year :worship:

FWIW = I doubt if I will even be able to make it to Mid-America in June (Father's Day Weekend) nor will I even be able to attend my own region's TS Event in Nebraska in Sept due to my projected work schedule this year...

I finally figured out how to have a win-win deal with my daughter on fathers day weekend I begged her to come along and she finally said YES and will be riding with me for the 11 hour ride to Tulsa. I hope the ride goes well she has never been in a vehicle longer than 2 hours at a time and usually about 30 minutes into a road trip she is always saying "Are we there yet"

Now we have a 7 month old daughter as well which was born on 9/15/11 which so happens to be during the TS event in Nebraska so there is NO WAY I can miss her 1st birthday and there is NO WAY bringing her to the event so I will have to miss this one. Someday I should host a killer event here in Minnesota and have two days of track at BIR (Brainerd International raceway), a killer road trip through scenic Northern Minnesota, a nice car show along a lake, and a sweet BBQ........and lots of booze and babes.

Gregg, I just saw this and am really happy for you buddy. As one of the"old" forum members I do remember those good times. I look forward to seeing your new ride at Shelbyfest later this week.

Dave

Gregg, I just saw this and am really happy for you buddy. As one of the"old" forum members I do remember those good times. I look forward to seeing your new ride at Shelbyfest later this week.

Dave

Will be there from about 3pm on Friday thru about 3pm on Sunday... And now that the Exhaust Plates have been removed, I can't wait for the "Moment of Horsepower" at NOON on Saturday :fear:

how old? I may try this on my 10 year old!

Savannah is now 6 and I already know she is going to kill me on the road cruise down but hopefully she will have such a nice time that she will be thanking me on the 11 hour ride back home.

• 4 weeks later...

Congrads Gregg you are really going to have a blast with this car. I keep changing the side exhaust , shock adjustments and which key to use ? The last cruise night it seems alot of people are wanting one. A hell of alot of questions and lookers . When you drive into the parking area with the RED key and side pipes it just has that BIG BLOCK rumble. These side pipes bolt right on in 15 min. and you still have the plates to adjust the sound. Any muffler shop can make them .I put the original plates back in and with the side pipes it sounds just right.

post-9597-0-20406300-1337263233_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-73150900-1337263778_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-34924200-1337264270_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-20406300-1337263233_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-73150900-1337263778_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-34924200-1337264270_thumb.jpg

Congrads Gregg you are really going to have a blast with this car. I keep changing the side exhaust , shock adjustments and which key to use ? The last cruise night it seems alot of people are wanting one. A hell of alot of questions and lookers . When you drive into the parking area with the RED key and side pipes it just has that BIG BLOCK rumble. These side pipes bolt right on in 15 min. and you still have the plates to adjust the sound. Any muffler shop can make them .

Took the exhaust plates out the day after I got it home from the Dealer... Put the shocks on 5 (Front) and 4 (Rear) and leaving them that way... RED KEY always, unless I am driving down the highway for any significant distance... And YES, driving this car is an absolute BLAST and a PRIVILEGE to be able to own something like this...

Congrats Gregg!

She is a beauty!

That invite for the Wicked Nats is open ended.....first saturday of August every year......hope you can make it one of these years!

ShelbyAutos.com Originals Forever! :rockon:

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make it AGAIN this year :banghead: Looks like I'll be back in OH "working" during that 1st weekend in August...

And you probably don't want me to stop by on the following Tuesday looking for leftovers, do you :drop:

But I've already got the date "penciled-in" (along with Grabber's Event in WA & several others) to my 2013 Calendar of Events :salute:

Will be there from about 3pm on Friday thru about 3pm on Sunday... And now that the Exhaust Plates have been removed, I can't wait for the "Moment of Horsepower" at NOON on Saturday :fear:

I hear from a little birdy that it didn't go as you wanted during the "Moment of Horsepower". Can you explain how you were let down? :drop:

I hear from a little birdy that it didn't go as you wanted during the "Moment of Horsepower". Can you explain how you were let down? :drop:

No let down ??? Just make sure you use the BLACK KEY any time you want to rev the engine while at a stand still... Otherwise, with the RED KEY in the ignition, the LAUNCH CONTROL feature is automatically activated... Which means, with the clutch pedal pressed and the shifter in 1st gear, the car "thinks" you are getting ready for a hole shot... And the ECU will limit the RPM to whatever you have previously set... And in my case, it defaults to 3,000 RPM... Which can be embarrassing if you aren't paying attention...

However, you can still use the RED KEY... Just make sure you have the parking brake set, the shifter in N, and let the clutch out... This will fool the ECU, thereby allowing you rev the engine all the way to redline...

Not sure who that "little birdy" is, but you might check your sources :camera:

Archived