TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Changing my Screen Name to "7500 RPM"

07SGT0547

After some serious deliberation, I have traded-in my 2007 Shelby GT (#547) for a 2012 BOSS 302 (#2788)... Not easy to do, but in the "Big Picture" it was something I have been thinking about since the BOSS program was re-introduced by FORD a couple of years back... So it looks like I won't be posting too much in the Shelby GT Forums these days, but look for me in the BOSS 302 section under the screen mame "7500 RPM"... Oh, and the mods have already begun... Exhaust restrictor plates were removed (for good) last night...

post-8727-0-70721800-1334848237_thumb.jpg

post-8727-0-70721800-1334848237_thumb.jpg

After some serious deliberation, I have traded-in my 2007 Shelby GT (#547) for a 2012 BOSS 302 (#2788)... Not easy to do, but in the "Big Picture" it was something I have been thinking about since the BOSS program was re-introduced by FORD a couple of years back... So it looks like I won't be posting too much in the Shelby GT Forums these days, but look for me in the BOSS 302 section under the screen mame "7500 RPM"... Oh, and the mods have already begun... Exhaust restrictor plates were removed (for good) last night...

IMAG0601.jpg

Sweet!

Wow greg I didn't think you would ever sell your SGT.

Congrats I bet you have a grin from ear to ear.

Just curious to what they gave you in for a trade on your SGT?

Did you get the Boss for around $3,000 under MSRP?

To answer all the questions...

1. Trade-in was "fair" considering the current market conditions and the mileage/wear & tear on the car itself. Also caught a break in KS sales tax, as the trade-in price is deducted from the purchase price prior to calculating the amount of tax due.

2. Purchase price was between MSRP and Invoice, as the 2013's are slowly being delivered and they wanted to move their 2012's.

3. Not the one from Baytown TX, as it was already gone before I could actually commit to the purchase.

4. Eventually I will remove the "547" and Silver Lemans stripes from the trailer and replace with an aftermarket RACE RED "BOSS 302 C-Stripe" down the sides of the White Canvas, so it should look like a Reverse Image of the car.

5. I still had a grin on my face as I drove the 450 miles to trade in the SGT. So nothing has changed there :drool:

6. Had no intention what-so-ever to trade in my Shelby, until I actually drove a White BOSS during one of the Advanced Group sessions at Spring Mountain during the 50th BASH.

7. Was actually planning to S/C it sometime in the future, but was more than a little concerned about doing it on a 4.6L with 30,000 miles on the ODO.

8. My only "Buyer's Remorse" when I owned the SGT was that I couldn't get one in RED. And no offense to any current or future GTS or GT350 owners, but I just didn't like how SA re-designed the front ends, so the BOSS was the way for me to get all the Track Goodies installed as a Complete Package AND still get it in RED :camera:

9. Already registered as "7500 PRM" over on the BOSS 302 Forums, but let me think about changing my TS Screen Name... Also going to use "7500RPM" when I re-new my KS Personalized Tags.

10. And I look forward to at least another 5 years of great Shelby events, people and friendships... Even if I have to park my BOSS in the back row of the Car Show at the next BASH :hysterical3:

Way to go Gregg! Totally happy for you my friend.

Now how can I convince my wife I need to add one of these :drop:

Just do what I did... After she drove our SGT in the Novice Group at the 50th BASH, I asked Esther if she wanted to go F-A-S-T-E-R :superhero:

Does this mean I have to turn in my "Registrars" ID :hysterical3:

Or does Robert need someone to help out with keeping up with all the new BOSS 302 owners :salute:

We're a crazy bunch over there! It sort of reminds me of the old days in the old SGT Forum before we got so big and famous. Small bunch of passionate enthusiasts with a few eagerly awaiting their cars and going through withdrawal symptoms. Yep...just like the old days! :-)

Congrats Gregg!! Sweet Ride, and the same color I would get....just check out the colors of my prior Mustangs in my signature!

I know I definitely would have Buyers (or Seller's) remorse if I traded my SGT, but I sure would love to have an awesome track car like the Boss. I'm still trying to work the angle with my wife that I need to trade in my 2010 Expedition Limited for the 2013 Boss for gas mileage reasons!! My Expedition only gets 14.5 to 15 mpg, the Boss 302 could easily do well over 20 mpg for my commute...she's still not buying my story, but I'm still working on it!

One day I'll join you and Jeff over there!!

Andy.

We're a crazy bunch over there! It sort of reminds me of the old days in the old SGT Forum before we got so big and famous. Small bunch of passionate enthusiasts with a few eagerly awaiting their cars and going through withdrawal symptoms. Yep...just like the old days! :-)

Tru dat! I doubt there are many people here who even remember the "original" Shelby Autos forums... Good times for sure, but many, many more to come... Don't forget, that regardless if it is a Shelby, BOSS, Mach 1, GT500, GT350, Super Snake, GTS, Terlingua or SVT Cobra, every single one of our cars started out a "regular old Mustang" somewhere along the way...

Congrats Gregg!! Sweet Ride, and the same color I would get....just check out the colors of my prior Mustangs in my signature!

I know I definitely would have Buyers (or Seller's) remorse if I traded my SGT, but I sure would love to have an awesome track car like the Boss. I'm still trying to work the angle with my wife that I need to trade in my 2010 Expedition Limited for the 2013 Boss for gas mileage reasons!! My Expedition only gets 14.5 to 15 mpg, the Boss 302 could easily do well over 20 mpg for my commute...she's still not buying my story, but I'm still working on it!

One day I'll join you and Jeff over there!!

Andy.

With the initial tank filled from the Dealership, I averaged 23 MPG at between 70-90 MPH cruising up I-55 from Memphis to St Louis (300 miles) to get my 3M Clear Bra installed before I drove the remaining 250 miles back home to KC...

Probably not going to get any faster... Just need to be busier :spend:

happy%20feet.gif I could keep you busy at Grabberfest.happy%20feet.gif

We could even :spend: at you !

You said you would be here :nonono: and now you bailed out on me. :banghead:

Whos the Boss around here anyways. :waiting:

Several people will be doing this to you very soon -----> :chairshot:

happy%20feet.gif I could keep you busy at Grabberfest.happy%20feet.gif

We could even :spend: at you !

You said you would be here :nonono: and now you bailed out on me. :banghead:

Whos the Boss around here anyways. :waiting:

Several people will be doing this to you very soon -----> :chairshot:

No worries Rob... GrabberFest is still on my "must attend" list (along with Wicked's BBQ, Carlisle, SAAC, etc)... And was still on my calendar of events until the 50th BASH changed from Jan to Mar, which caused John Farmer's MCA Tupelo Cruise (to which I was already committed) to switch to the Memorial Day weekend... Let me get thru 2012 and see what we can do for 2013 :rockon:

FWIW = I doubt if I will even be able to make it to Mid-America in June (Father's Day Weekend) nor will I even be able to attend my own region's TS Event in Nebraska in Sept due to my projected work schedule this year...

To answer all the questions...

3. Not the one from Baytown TX, as it was already gone before I could actually commit to the purchase.

I bought the race red Boss 302 from Baytown! Having it shipped to FL next week. This is the third reference to that particular car I've seen at different forums. Feel lucky to be the one that grabbed it!

I bought the race red Boss 302 from Baytown! Having it shipped to FL next week. This is the third reference to that particular car I've seen at different forums. Feel lucky to be the one that grabbed it!

It got my attention because of the $40K asking price listed on most New Car Websites... Baytown Ford couldn't even give me a "ballpark" estimate on trade-in value of my SGT, so I went in another direction... Good Luck and enjoy the ride when you get it...

Archived