TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 08 07 08

Park Lane

I did a call down of the local Ford stores yesterday and learned there are at least six at the dealers and another six built and enroute.(I'm determined to find the blk or wht vert w/red inserts, nav, delete stripes) and like chuckstang the adm's frost my kester, but I'm caving in. Two dealers have orders in that I could change at 10k adm and two others will take 08's for little down at 10k adm and they'll talk about it if I come back in.

I can wait, but fear the unknown like price increase....... does anyone think some of the KR treatments will rub off onto the 08. Thanks for your input shelbydude I missed your pm, this computer makes me nuts.

I did a call down of the local Ford stores yesterday and learned there are at least six at the dealers and another six built and enroute.(I'm determined to find the blk or wht vert w/red inserts, nav, delete stripes) and like chuckstang the adm's frost my kester, but I'm caving in. Two dealers have orders in that I could change at 10k adm and two others will take 08's for little down at 10k adm and they'll talk about it if I come back in.

I can wait, but fear the unknown like price increase....... does anyone think some of the KR treatments will rub off onto the 08. Thanks for your input shelbydude I missed your pm, this computer makes me nuts.

07 or 08 would make no difference to me as long as I was able to get one! Of course, for me, the sooner the better! I love mine! Just wish this weather would clear so I can get it out and drive it!

As for the ADM, you have to decide what you can live with. If you can live with $10k over then get it! That is still a lot less than most paid.

From what I know the KR is a 08 add on to be sent to SAI after paying whatever it is for the 08, the 07, there is lot's in the works I hear that will be way better than owning a KR, no idea on pricing except the 40th aniv. price for the 07 was at $11,200. after you pay whatever for the 07. Either way owning one as I have since 10-26-06 YOU WILL HAVE FUN :headspin: as many will tell you in this forum, do what you can to get the price you can afford to deal with, I payed, but would'nt take back my decision the fun is worth it for me :hyper:

I can't afford adm so I am relegated to a long help. It won't matter to me as long as I get one. Unless they make some changes in job 1 or 2 of 08 or 09 it won't matter. I know people will hate me for this, but darn it ford, please give red inserts on vista blue with white stripes. The z-06 get that combo why can't we.

I can't afford adm so I am relegated to a long help. It won't matter to me as long as I get one. Unless they make some changes in job 1 or 2 of 08 or 09 it won't matter. I know people will hate me for this, but darn it ford, please give red inserts on vista blue with white stripes. The z-06 get that combo why can't we.

All the Shelby GT500 Diecasts get that combo too!!!!!!! :hysterical2:

Please be patient, the more people the cave to ADM's the longer they will be around.

My dream car is all that I can afford - 43k. Do it for the guys that can afford it for MSRP and are enthusiasts like me, but can't afford an ADM at the end of the day.

It's painful for me to wait too!!

BE STRONG BROTHER FOR THE SAKE OF ALL OF US!!! :hysterical2:

I originally thought I had one for msrp, then got shafted, that made me miss my local dealer deal at 5k over, then I waited and waited. I was ready for 5k deal at local dealer for an 08, but found an 07 in Nebraska for 7k over, I took it. with a one or two percent msrp increase likely and possible gas guzzler increase [i hope not] the 7k deal was good because I was not looking forward to waiting till sometime in 08 to get one. try to get them to come down at least to 7k especially for an 08. just my 2cents

From what I know the KR is a 08 add on to be sent to SAI after paying whatever it is for the 08, the 07, there is lot's in the works I hear that will be way better than owning a KR, no idea on pricing except the 40th aniv. price for the 07 was at $11,200. after you pay whatever for the 07. Either way owning one as I have since 10-26-06 YOU WILL HAVE FUN :headspin: as many will tell you in this forum, do what you can to get the price you can afford to deal with, I payed, but would'nt take back my decision the fun is worth it for me :hyper:

Here's what i heard!

The 08 and KR are 2 totaly differnt cars. The KR will not be a add on to a 08 Shelby.

I'm pretty sure the KR will be out in the spring of 08 as a 09 car.

Tim

Here's what i heard!

The 08 and KR are 2 totaly differnt cars. The KR will not be a add on to a 08 Shelby.

I'm pretty sure the KR will be out in the spring of 08 as a 09 car.

Tim

LR 01 Cobra,

If you watched the Carroll Shelby @ Amy B. video, they said that the 08 GT500 will be sent to them right from ford to have the add ons done, it will be ordered as a GT500 KR, but it it is supposed to be a 08 GT500 AT THE FACTORY BEFORE BEING SENT TO SAI. :finger:

So yes in the END they are two different cars. Actually Carroll says he has'nt signed off on only 1,000 KR's it may be more, so what's that tell you they are going to SAI just like the Shelby GT from ford and upgraded.

LR 01 Cobra,

If you watched the Carroll Shelby @ Amy B. video, they said that the 08 GT500 will be sent to them right from ford to have the add ons done, it will be ordered as a GT500 KR, but it it is supposed to be a 08 GT500 AT THE FACTORY BEFORE BEING SENT TO SAI. :finger:

So yes in the END they are two different cars. Actually Carroll says he has'nt signed off on only 1,000 KR's it may be more, so what's that tell you they are going to SAI just like the Shelby GT from ford and upgraded.

So many different ways it can play out. I did not want to cave to the ADM, I'm glad I did at this point because I have the car. IMO the 08, KR, XX, YY or even the ZZ will be cleverly released at higher MSRP's than the 07. I would love to get the best, rarest, most badass Shelby ever made, and when I got mine it was, and still is to me, now I can mod more power into it at my pace, I'm not chacing the hype of the marketing velcroids or my tail. I say get one when you can for what ever you have to pay. If it is meant for you to have, you'll have it. I ponder, What if I held out for the 08, the KR... It is uncertain how much they will cost us.. MSRP +/- ADM. Demand will drive the market, an ADM boycott so dealers will start begging you to buy a GT500 at MSRP is unlikely. Just my $.02

So many different ways it can play out. I did not want to cave to the ADM, I'm glad I did at this point because I have the car. IMO the 08, KR, XX, YY or even the ZZ will be cleverly released at higher MSRP's than the 07. I would love to get the best, rarest, most badass Shelby ever made, and when I got mine it was, and still is to me, now I can mod more power into it at my pace, I'm not chacing the hype of the marketing velcroids or my tail. I say get one when you can for what ever you have to pay. If it is meant for you to have, you'll have it. I ponder, What if I held out for the 08, the KR... It is uncertain how much they will cost us.. MSRP +/- ADM. Demand will drive the market, an ADM boycott so dealers will start begging you to buy a GT500 at MSRP is unlikely. Just my $.02

I too am wondering about the 08 price increase, the dealers around here that have seem to be waiting for the weather to break and spring plus unique car fever to take hold. I was holding out, but might crack under pressure, I've never paid msrp, let alone over that for a new ride. This car would be my daily driver (4 mile drive to work) when snow is absent. I did notice 03 anniversary Harley's do better than non-anniversary scoots on ebay and such. I will head out this weekend to see the store that said, "we'll talk if you come in".

Sorry Guys! I left my computer logged on when I went lunch today and one of my so called Chevy buddies posted in as me. Did you guys see anything else I posted that sounded like I didn't have a clue on here?

He said he did 2 posts, but this is the only one I found.

Sorry again! I took the auto log in off! I guess he could have done worse, he could have made personal attacks.

Tim

2007. The one, the only, the original......well, sort of.

bj

Assuming you can get either 07 or 08 at the same price - if you can get an 07 with the color/options you want then go for it. If you can't find the color/options in an 07, then I'd say order an 08 exactly how you want it. I could have waited to order an 08 and saved $3k, but I found one with the color/options I wanted and finally caved. And let me tell you, its worth every penny.

As for navigation, I haven't heard any rave reviews on the stock unit yet. Actually I've heard its pretty basic - something they just threw in to give customers another "option." I'm a techno-geek, and I knew before I even bought the car that the stock stereo wouldn't stay, so I just got the Mach500. I bought my Shelby exactly a month ago today, and the stereo has already been swapped out for a Clarion MAX675VD DVD/Nav unit. Its a sweet HU too, dvd/nav/sirius/ipod/tv/mp3 (only thing it doesn't have is bluetooth). I was able to get the head-unit, navigation, tv tuner, and video ipod control for about $1600 total (i think the factory nav is about $2000 option). I already had the sirius module in my 96 Cobra, so I just ganked it. I've also got a DVD changer and 5.1 processor for it, but I had to leave the 96 with something (poor neglected Cobra). I also installed everything myself, so that saved me some $$$ as well. Of course I'm keeping all of my factory parts, so when my kids fight over it when I die, they can restore it to "factory original."

As for the KR, I say leave it for the collectors. Its going to have a higher ADM than the 07s, and once the 08s & KRs start showing up, the ADMs on the 07s should drop considerably.

Anyways, dunno if I've helped any, or just thrown more options at you. Either way, you gotta get one! It actually got warm enough today to drop the top and go for a ride. :shift:

Pig

Assuming you can get either 07 or 08 at the same price - if you can get an 07 with the color/options you want then go for it. If you can't find the color/options in an 07, then I'd say order an 08 exactly how you want it. I could have waited to order an 08 and saved $3k, but I found one with the color/options I wanted and finally caved. And let me tell you, its worth every penny.

As for navigation, I haven't heard any rave reviews on the stock unit yet. Actually I've heard its pretty basic - something they just threw in to give customers another "option." I'm a techno-geek, and I knew before I even bought the car that the stock stereo wouldn't stay, so I just got the Mach500. I bought my Shelby exactly a month ago today, and the stereo has already been swapped out for a Clarion MAX675VD DVD/Nav unit. Its a sweet HU too, dvd/nav/sirius/ipod/tv/mp3 (only thing it doesn't have is bluetooth). I was able to get the head-unit, navigation, tv tuner, and video ipod control for about $1600 total (i think the factory nav is about $2000 option). I already had the sirius module in my 96 Cobra, so I just ganked it. I've also got a DVD changer and 5.1 processor for it, but I had to leave the 96 with something (poor neglected Cobra). I also installed everything myself, so that saved me some $$$ as well. Of course I'm keeping all of my factory parts, so when my kids fight over it when I die, they can restore it to "factory original."

As for the KR, I say leave it for the collectors. Its going to have a higher ADM than the 07s, and once the 08s & KRs start showing up, the ADMs on the 07s should drop considerably.

Anyways, dunno if I've helped any, or just thrown more options at you. Either way, you gotta get one! It actually got warm enough today to drop the top and go for a ride. :shift:

Pig

Nice pic!! Sorry to hear the sale of your RED'S little brother. :cry: When I sold my 86 5.0 I bought it new when I was in the NAVY sold it in 91 it was a :heartbreaker:

Considering you're interested in a black or white vert with the red inserts and now that red stripes and other red highlights are an option, I'd get an '07 now if you can. You can lower that MSRP a few grand by going with a coupe with those over the top red stripes too. It looks hella cool. And then you can sell it to me in a few years. :D

Sorry Guys! I left my computer logged on when I went lunch today and one of my so called Chevy buddies posted in as me. Did you guys see anything else I posted that sounded like I didn't have a clue on here?

Sorry again! I took the auto log in off! I guess he could have done worse, he could have made personal attacks.

Tim

Do you really come into work drunk and cackle like a rooster? Holy Moly! :hysterical2::sos:

Tim

Tim,

No problem. Oh by the way, that $5,400 PayPal order just cleared. I will send you the picture of my car that you ordered. :hyper:

Stuart

You guys are to nice! LOL Looks like my picture will get here before my car. And it will not cost near as much as the car! LOL Now where did I sit my beer? I hate when I missplace my beer.

Tim

It's right over there next to the ADM :happy feet:

hey, it's not cold anymore, what's up with that?

get another one

Archived