TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H Aluminator enging build

JeffJ

I just picked up the rear bumper cover yesterday. I ordered a large intercooler on Friday through CXracing and the correct down facing intake pipe from Paxton. Just running on the dyno, we were seeing 300 deg. intake temps, so definitely needs to be intercooled before we put a real tune to it and do any more dyno work. Hopefully I'll have all of that next week so that I can get it put together. Looks like it will be quite a challenge to get the intercooler all plumbed behind the front bumper.

I will not have it in Terlingua this year as I just do not have the extra time to drive down, so Carrie and I are flying to El Paso again and will drive in from there.

Yea Larry, I hope to not see any more "scattering" of parts!! My new garage coffee table "engine art" is also starting to come together. Hey, if the desire to have the original engine in the future, I'll still have it, it will just make a nice decoration.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Ok, it's been a long time but I finally spent some quality time with the car. It's running, but yet to be tuned. Now time to put some miles on it for engine break in then back to get the power tune done. The intercooler took much more modification then I was planning. Only way to get the drivers side tube from the supercharger down and around the sway bar was to move the oil filter, by remote mounting it to the rear of the motor on the drivers side of the engine. It took some creative tubing work, but seems to be working great.

Intercooler2.jpg

Intercooler3.jpg

Intercooler6.jpg

Intercooler7.jpg

Intercooler1.jpg

AfterIntercooler5.jpg

Archived