TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H Aluminator enging build

JeffJ

Too bad it's to big for a paper weight, maybe a boat anchor? Sorry to hear about this! Keep us up on the progress.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also went with an Aluminator block (by choice not necesity) couple of things I did that you may want to consider

Steel timing chain tensioners from (2v) part #'s

F6AZ-6L266-DA Tensioner - RH (2 Valve Steel Bodied)

F6AZ-6L266-CA Tensioner - LH (2 Valve Steel Bodied)

and TSS oil pump with Billet gears

here is a link to some photos from my build

http://gallery.me.com/andrewnagle1964#100698

Good luck with the build and the flywheel issue

Andrew

Thanks for the info. I just ordered the FRPP CNC heads, plugs, coils, dampner, flexplate, and a bunch of other stuff today. So hopefully try to start putting it together here in a couple weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

I know. No, I haven't touched it in three weeks. The grow season was so early this year and I'm farming my own hay this year. So I've been working on my equipment to get the hay cut today. I have to bale this weekend, so it's going to be a few more weeks before I can work on my car. I just have no time with so many things going on. I wanted to have it done for Steamboat in two weeks, but I'm not going to rush it. I want it to be completely right, so it's going to take time. I know. I wanted it done by now also....... I have too many jobs! Working the Grand-Am races, farming, my regular job, mustang club, Team Shelby. I'm a bit over extended right now!

Oh yea, I did get the flexplate and converter plate back from the machine shop however. I still can't believe that Ford does not make a flexplate to put the Aluminator in an automatic car. I did have to get a V-10 flex plate and then have the converter plate machined down to fit in it flush.

• 3 weeks later...

Well? Did you get it done in time for Steamboat (which is today)?

Nope, still doing the farming thing. But I did go up last minute to work the firefighters give away car booth and I drove my '65 up. While not my Shelby, as Gary would say, I still had some damn fun!

65autocross001.jpg

• 1 month later...

Yes. I got tired of not having any time at all to get this thing going and I don't see any time in the next couple months. I delivered it last Monday to RWR Motorsport in south Denver to get it assembled. However the delivery did not go to great. Now I need a rear bumper cover and paint on the bumper cover. I had it in my enclosed trailer strapped in backwards (sans motor). A semi in front of me had to lock up it's brakes due to an idiot slow driver pulling onto the hiway at about 30 mph and cut right in front of him. I then had to lock up my brakes and the car snapped the two straps holding it in the front. The car rolled backwards into the motor and all the parts setting in the trailer. No damage to most of the parts, but the radiator got run over by the back tire. I guess it's now a good time to add an aftermarket radiator also! The rear bumper cover is pretty much trashed. Paint chipped and pushed in at parts. It was a bad day for sure, but it will all work out at some point.

• 4 weeks later...

Should pick it up tomorrow. I don't have the rear bumper yet, but it is running. He says it runs really well. I'll probably have to put some miles on it to break in before we put any serious dyno time and tune on it.

gallery_10653_393_180409.jpg

Should pick it up tomorrow. I don't have the rear bumper yet, but it is running. He says it runs really well. I'll probably have to put some miles on it to break in before we put any serious dyno time and tune on it.

gallery_10653_393_180409.jpg

Awesome. Jeff, do you know what part # for the rear bumper cover and a good source. Mine has a small crease and trying to get everything together befire I redo the stripes.

The rear bumper on the '06 is just regular Mustang GT. So that's good for us, so it's cheap. The absolutly best price I got was from my local Ford dealer. $185. I think list is about $250, but our Mustang Club get's a good discount at Phil Long Ford. The 2007 Vert uses the California Special rear cover. Funny, most guys on E-bay charge more than the factory price and then you pay shipping. I'm guessing you can get the best price at your dealer. And you have a Ford part.

The rear bumper on the '06 is just regular Mustang GT. So that's good for us, so it's cheap. The absolutly best price I got was from my local Ford dealer. $185. I think list is about $250, but our Mustang Club get's a good discount at Phil Long Ford. The 2007 Vert uses the California Special rear cover. Funny, most guys on E-bay charge more than the factory price and then you pay shipping. I'm guessing you can get the best price at your dealer. And you have a Ford part.

Thanks Jeff, the regular GT is where I got crossed vs 07 which is different. I will check with our local dealer

• 2 weeks later...

I got the car home yesterday. I was only able to put about a mile on it before I loaded it in my trailer. This thing is going to be scary. Wow, I pushed about 1/8th throttle and it went to 8 lbs of boost. He doesn't want me to put any boost to it for about 300 miles before we put a decent tune on it. It's going to be tough driving it without much throttle to keep it out of the boost for break in of the engine. No pics as it needs so much clean up it's not even funny. It is filthy. Very odd, it's quieter now with the headers it seems. I'll have to see how that works out. I also have quite a few other parts ready to go on to make it a bit more sinister. Hopefully next week I'll get it out and finished up. We'll get it back on the dyno and see what we can get out of it.

I got the car home yesterday. I was only able to put about a mile on it before I loaded it in my trailer. This thing is going to be scary. Wow, I pushed about 1/8th throttle and it went to 8 lbs of boost. He doesn't want me to put any boost to it for about 300 miles before we put a decent tune on it. It's going to be tough driving it without much throttle to keep it out of the boost for break in of the engine. No pics as it needs so much clean up it's not even funny. It is filthy. Very odd, it's quieter now with the headers it seems. I'll have to see how that works out. I also have quite a few other parts ready to go on to make it a bit more sinister. Hopefully next week I'll get it out and finished up. We'll get it back on the dyno and see what we can get out of it.

Nice! CONGRATS!

Jer

Wow Jeff, maybe you should invest in a scatter shield !!! It's interesting this occurred following a dyno run. Pushing the 4.6, with more or less stock internals, seems hazardous with the addition of the super charger. Adding the power = adding to the risk. I pushed by 2007 totally stock SGT at the Sebring track at a recent NASA event and had a few issues as well. Rear axle seals started leaking, blew a A/C high pressure hose (no the A/C wasn't on). I guess that track events and high performance driving bring out the "stock" part of the car in a negative way. It will be interesting to follow your re-build. I do think it's great that your pushing the envelope. Shelbys of all stripes are made to be driven and driven hard. regards, Larry

Archived