TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabbers Airport Thread

Grabber

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was to give you all an update (per grabbers request) but again looks like the blueberry beat me to it.

Where the heck is this thread hiding anyway? I had to access it though Grabbers profile section.

Looks like your all caught up where Grabber is and even what he's having for dinner.

Sleep tight Grabber. :wub:

Ok guys and Huns...this is the deal. I have sat myself down at gate F4. My next flight 6989 boards inexactly 2 hours. I then will Depart Chicago at 6:11 and arrive in Norfolk around 9:08am. I was able to GRAB some sleep on the last flight. Not sure what I will do for the next 2 hours.Maybe sleep a bit.

Update:I found the bathroom and was able to Grab a shave and freshin up a bit. Got out of my work shirts and have dawned my GT500 sweatshirt. It is amazing what a little coldwater on the face will do. BTW and I am not kidding on this, the airport security level here in Chicago has just been raised to ORANGE. True statement.

Update:I found the bathroom and was able to Grab a shave and freshin up a bit. Got out of my work shirts and have dawned my GT500 sweatshirt. It is amazing what a little coldwater on the face will do. BTW and I am not kidding on this, the airport security level here in Chicago has just been raised to ORANGE. True statement.

I called and let em know you were on the way.

Ok Poopy.....here is the poop. The sexy flight attendant just informed me that my flight UA6989 to Norfolk is on schedule. The plane is here. I will be landing around 9:08. Are the pop tarts ready.

Welcome to the Hood, Grabber. Lots of us like it here, hope you'll enjoy it as well. First advice, though, is that there can be - just like anywhere - some sleazy types that frequent the airport looking to boost a tourist, if you get my drift. Be especially cautious if someone claims to know you as you are walking down the concourse. We wouldn't want you to become a statistic. Mustaches are a give-away as well as sunglasses and ballcaps. Put away any indication of your Shelby ownership so as not to draw unwanted attention.

A few simple rules remembered will let you ease into our culture:

1. Everything is slow here except for some cars in certain colors.

2. 'Grits' describes an edible substance that could not possibly have been named anything else.

3. No tattoos on the first date.

4. Tipping is optional. So is living if you don't tip.

5. People around here pride themselves on their lack of driving skills. Most have recently emigrated from Britain as evidenced by their left-lane fascination on the highways.

6. Our crabs are better than yours. But pay someone else to catch them for you.

7. Expect to catch yourself saying 'y'all' before the weekend is over. It's OK, there are support groups for this.

8. Don't be too surprised if strangers come up and start talking to you spontaneously. Although there are lots of military here from all over the country, we don't get many PAC NWers. Be kind to them and they will be kind back.

9. The sun RISES over the water here. Don't feel guilty about seeing it before Tana - there'll be some left for later in the day.

10. Rock on.

Archived