TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tool To Remove Tires on GT350 2011

Does anyone have advice on what size lug nut tool I would use to remove my tires. I what to clean under my car and I would like to remove the tires. Pep Boys, Auto Zone in my area does not carry the correct size to fit the rims.

Thanks for any assistance.

As always thanks again. Any idea how I can get this online? They seem to be clueless here in South Florida.

feel free to email me at any time - pacificcoast@teamshelby.com

As always thanks again. Any idea how I can get this online? They seem to be clueless here in South Florida.

Do you have a Sears in your area?

I just found my 21mm thinwall socket there....

Phill

1/2 drive thin wall 21mm six point deep socket with an extension and a torque wrench

Never use a torque wrench to remove lugs nuts for it will damage the torque wrench by throwing off the calibration and you willl have to have your torque wrench re-calibrated. Use a regular socket wrench OR BREAKER BAR and follow MMcGuirk's instructions for they are correct. Torque wrenches should only be used for the tightening of nuts or in this case lugs nuts. :salute:

http://www.ehow.com/...wrench-use.html

Good point Cobra. I did manage to locate a deep socket at Pep Boys in Davie Florida. Mike the 21MM fits like a glove. Now off for a good torque wrench.

What setting for lbs to you guys use?

Thanks again!

I would suggest that you try Aco Hardware they offer a very nice all steel torque wrench that is about $ 49.99 and does not have the cheap plastic on it, and mine has lasted 8 yrs without any calibration issues. I recently purchased one for a good friend of mine that got some new wheels and tires for his Jeep Wrangler. As far as the torque setting for Mustangs you would set your wrench to 99 FT. LBS. of torque and use a star pattern to tighten them down. I would then check your lugs nuts torque after you have driven 30 mile on your wheels and tires, and check them one additional time after you drive another 35-40 miles. Best of luck !!! :salute:

Scotty G.

Archived