TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Major Fuel Leak!

Hays1967

I was heading down Hwy139 about 60 miles south of Klamath Falls, OR.

I cruising along minding my own business rocking out to the "HairNation" channel on Serius when I noticed my Fuel gauge said 1/2 a tank. I thought this was odd due to the fact that I just filled up, watching the gauge I notice it drop a little, and then a little more and then it was on 1/4 and a second later the engine died just like you shut it off.

Coasting to a stop I started to smell Fuel.

I got out of my GT500 and not only was the smell of Gas very strong but my driver Rear Tire was dripping with fuel and the Whole back of the car was covered in Fuel. :censored:

It took over 3 hours for someone to stop and get a message to Ford Road Side assistance; this all happened where there was no Cell Service.

2 hours later I was picked up by a Tow Truck and brought to the Klamath Falls Ford Dealership "A very Nice Dealership".

They Got a Tech right on her who found the Fuel Rail Connection under the Drivers Seat was not all the Way in from the assembly line, with a little push and an audible Click it was in. I was able to get her back to Reno the next day.

The Fuel on the other hand burned the Rear of my Baby as well as the Rim and Plastic lower valance and on top of that she has a horrible Fuel Smell "it is bad enough to give me a headache after driving her just a bit.

I am taking her in to my local Ford Dealership in the morning to see if they will fix her.

post-8247-1176338022_thumb.jpg

post-8247-1176338022_thumb.jpg

I cruising along minding my own business rocking out to the "HairNation" channel on Serius when I noticed my Fuel gauge said 1/2 a tank. I thought this was odd due to the fact that I just filled up, watching the gauge I notice it drop a little, and then a little more and then it was on 1/4 and a second later the engine died just like you shut it off.

I got out of my GT500 and not only was the smell of Gas very strong but my driver Rear Tire was dripping with fuel and the Whole back of the car was covered in Fuel. :censored:

It took over 3 hours for someone to stop and get a message to Ford Road Side assistance; this all happened where there was no Cell Service.

2 hours later I was picked up by a Tow Truck and brought to the Klamath Falls Ford Dealership "A very Nice Dealership".

They Got a Tech right on her who found the Fuel Rail Connection under the Drivers Seat was not all the Way in from the assembly line, with a little push and an audible Click it was in. I was able to get her back to Reno the next day.

The Fuel on the other hand burned the Rear of my Baby as well as the Rim and Plastic lower valance and on top of that she has a horrible Fuel Smell "it is bad enough to give me a headache after driving her just a bit.

I am taking her in to my local Ford Dealership in the morning to see if they will fix her.

That sucks big time.

Yes they damn well should fix the mess you didn't cause.

Hays are you the guy that toasted the vette?

I hope they not only clean up your car , but fill your fuel tank too. That would be reasonable, bad enough the time wasted and not your fault, sorry to hear

hays, sorry about the fuel leak. bummer. hope the damage is repairable and the dealer can make it right for you. at least you were in one of the most beautiful areas of the country when that happened. good luck to you.

Here are some

this is where it came from. @ 1342.00 miles

post-8247-1176340601_thumb.jpg

here is the damage

post-8247-1176340664_thumb.jpg

post-8247-1176340640_thumb.jpg

post-8247-1176340895_thumb.jpg

post-8247-1176340682_thumb.jpg

post-8247-1176340717_thumb.jpg

Hays,

Please post on the video post how and what you did to beat the Z06. Thank and sorry for the leak. But hey...look on the bright side....you drive a fast car!

Alex

Sorry to hear about your loss. I know I've joked with you in the past about your car leaking, but this is no joke. Thank God, it could have been a lot worse. I hope they get the damage taken care of quickly for you.

You should take pictures of the part / area so other owners can check theirs to ensure they are properly snug.

Sorry to hear about your trouble, bummer on the smell and damage from the fuel. :(

Did it hurt your paint on the rear 1/4 panel from splashback?

You should take pictures of the part / area so other owners can check theirs to ensure they are properly snug.

Sorry to hear about your trouble, bummer on the smell and damage from the fuel. :(

Did it hurt your paint on the rear 1/4 panel from splashback?

Yes the paint was burnt.

Im taking it in to the shop tomorow. I will post what they do about it.

Archived