TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mr. & Mrs. Grabber

Sat morning at 8am Tana and I will be doing our 2nd Tough Mudder. This year it is in Lebanon Oregon at Lester Farms. We are in the first wave release at 8am. We will be spending the night before the event in town so we can be very rested and ready to compete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOawfAhWYyk#t=42

Good luck on the Tough Mudder.

I have an Aunt, Uncle and several cousins in Lebanon. Hoping to stop by and see them on our way home from Washington after the PCH run next month.

Dan

I love getting dirty with my women. lol

006-1.jpg

Looks like me after my mountain bike race recently...

I think it is awesome you are running that course with your wife. We have a similar event called the Spartan Race at the United States National Whitewater Center. I have not done it yet, but it looks like a blast. I'm at USNWC at least twice a week riding the MTB trails and/or hanging with the family. If you are ever out this way, you'll definitely want to check it out: www.usnwc.org

We'll done!

The event this year was a lot Tougher than last year. We had 22 obsticals designed by the British Military and 10+ miles. The hardest part was all the freaking hills. Most of them seemed to never end and get vertical at times. It is not possible to bring a camera with us during the event. It would get trashed. There are photographers all over the place taking pic and later I will get a e-mail of some pic's of Tana and I that I could purchase if I wanted them. I hope to get some good photos of us.

We arrived at 7am. The event started at 8am.
TM1.jpg
TM2.jpg

Tough Mudder does post pic's on there site of the event and they got one of me that I found yesterday. I had just crawled out of a dark obstical called the "Crawl under".
ToughMudder2014.jpg

Tana and I earned a green Legioneers headband for being return Mudders. Every year now you get a headband with a number on it. This one says: 2X
RobTanagetting2XToughMudder.jpg

After the event we cleaned up and went out to dinner sporting our "Finishers" shirt and both new headbands. It was sure tough earning them this time. It took us 5 hours to complete the event, but we did it...injury free. Just very sore. Tana made it thru every obstical. We helped each other all the way.
RobTanaaftercleanupToughMudder2014.jpg

THIS EVENT IS NOT FOR WHINERS. sHa_dielaughing2.gif
TM3.jpg

30 years ago I married my High School Sweetheart. We started going steady when Tana was 15 and I was 16. Became locker partners at Sunset High School and after graduation moved out together. Then at age 22 I married her. Forever really does mean FOREVER ! God designed us for relationship and is very much a big part of our life. Every year our marriage just keeps getting better.

wedding1.jpg
wedding3.jpg
wedding2.jpg

30 years ago I married my High School Sweetheart. We started going steady when Tana was 15 and I was 16. Became locker partners at Sunset High School and after graduation moved out together. Then at age 22 I married her. Forever really does mean FOREVER ! God designed us for relationship and is very much a big part of our life. Every year our marriage just keeps getting better.

wedding1.jpg

wedding3.jpg

wedding2.jpg

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary Tana and Rob!!

wedding1.jpg

wedding3.jpg

wedding2.jpg

Congrats.

5 months ago in March I installed the KR front and back springs.It took 17 hours labor for me to do both cars. That includes a run to the store to get a couple tools. Lunch breaks and coffee breaks per union agreements. Then the next day I went to San Jose CA for a 6 week job. The job turned into 5 months ! I just finished the job and last night I drove my company truck home 700 miles. It took me 11 hours to drive straight thru. Lots of construction over Mt. Shasta.

Our cars our still winterized. I have the entire week off and have both cars scheduled for a front end alignment at Ford on Tuesday. Looking forward to getting this done and then having fun for a couple months before the rain sets back in. Here are some pic's I took of the parts that I installed on both cars.

kr5.jpg

kr1.jpg

kr6.jpg

kr2.jpg

kr3.jpg

kr4.jpg

kr12.jpg

kr10.jpg

kr9.jpg

kr8.jpg

kr7.jpg

Edited by Grabber

NIce pics. I guess I won't see you in San Jose again!

Tony,

I enjoyed having Dinner with you the couple times you were there. My assignment at that plant is now done. My new assignment is back at the big plant in Hillboro Oregon 35 miles from my house. It sure beats being 700 miles away. When I come to LV I will give you a call forsure. How far away from the strip are you ?

Tony,

I enjoyed having Dinner with you the couple times you were there. My assignment at that plant is now done. My new assignment is back at the big plant in Hillboro Oregon 35 miles from my house. It sure beats being 700 miles away.

Me too. I was getting tired of the every other week there. We spent a boatload of money on a pool I was only getting 50% duty cycle on. And believe it or not the 90-ish temps we're getting now are starting to get kind of cool. I was supposed to go out next week and told them no.

When I come to LV I will give you a call forsure. How far away from the strip are you ?

Please do. We are about 10 minutes from the strip.

It was great talking with you on the phone last week Rob, as always.

It's funny, several years ago, I teased Tana that she rarely smiled in pictures. All the pictures I have seen for at least the last 4 years or so, she is smiling in every one!!! LOL. Congrats on the 30th anniversary to both of you ( what an incredible woman), the Tough Mudder again, all of David's accomplishments, and that you are finally home!!

Not to bust your chops, BUT......the KR rear springs still sit too high!!! H&R makes rear springs that will level the car that work great on GT 500's and the KR's with no negative effect other than eliminating the "Rocket to Russia" look in the back end. I've probably put 250+ sets on 07+ Shelby's and KR's....do them on both your cars...you'll be happier with the level look, rather than the rake in the back....

Alex

wedding1.jpg

wedding3.jpg

wedding2.jpg

Congrats to both of you, 30 years!

My wife Debra are living a parallel track to yours, she was 14, and I was 15 when we first met....and our upcoming anniversary on New Years Eve, will be our 30th as well...

Edited by Cali_KR

Hey Alex....some of us like old school rake :-). I had to raise mine up a bit as my fenders kept shaving rubber off the outer sidewall of the Michelin PS. Come to find out they are physically bigger than other 275/35/20 tires :-(. Now I know why Shelby uses the Pirellis.

Edited by msmap

Alex,

It was great talking to you and catching up on old times. I am old school too. I need a little rake. I really like the new look. After the alignment, I will get some good pic's of us with our cars. Yes we are really proud of David. He is currently in Idaho for the last month learning all about tanks and there operation. He is even learning how to drive them. He turns 20 next month and I am looking forward to having dinner with him. I just got this photo from him today. Rob

David8-24-14.jpg

Today Tana's 500 and my 500 went into Vancouver Ford to get alignments since we have the KR handling kit on our cars now. I made sure I had a Master Tech do the work on their brand new Hunter Hawk Eye alignment machine. The new machine did not scratch the wheels at all. The probes are real small and he used some lube on them to insert them between the rubber and the rim. Each car cost $89 dollars less my 10% discount for belonging to NW Mustangs and Classic Fords car club.

Robsprintout.jpg

Tanasprintout.jpg

10460716_709357369145953_269245346944087

10603400_709358045812552_466458213994160

10644447_709358049145885_459809945448558

10620548_709358042479219_586783795687144

10614403_709357362479287_319762650916880

10593041_709357355812621_152477654259706

10517531_709357365812620_830339534586610