TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mr. & Mrs. Grabber

Uh oh. Maybe a little winter present for Tana's car is in order - or a Welcome Spring one :) .....Those caps are pricey but really dress it up ---- When I first got my 2007 SGT, I got them and they made the under the hood look very nice.

Uh oh. Maybe a little winter present for Tana's car is in order - or a Welcome Spring one :) .....Those caps are pricey but really dress it up ---- When I first got my 2007 SGT, I got them and they made the under the hood look very nice.

I agree that this will make a nice little surprise gift for my Shelbygirl. :wub:

Gorgeous house & garage, Grabber. Can I ask what the dimensions are of those big, beautiful garage doors? And did u make them oversized for a particular reason?? I already have a 36' x 24' detached garage in my backyard, but I'm always dreaming about my next house and garage...LOL

Thanks for the compliment. The garage doors are 12 feet tall by 12 feet wide. I wanted big doors incase I ever needed to park a motor home in the shop and for resale value if I ever move. The shop is 30 feet wide by 48 feet long and it would fit a rather large RV if ever needed.

Every time I come to your house or see pictures, I am envious of your cement. I know it sounds weird, but when pouring the cement on my new shop, I should probably fly you down here as no one here apparently can make cement not crack!! ;)

Alex

Thanks for the compliment. The garage doors are 12 feet tall by 12 feet wide. I wanted big doors incase I ever needed to park a motor home in the shop and for resale value if I ever move. The shop is 30 feet wide by 48 feet long and it would fit a rather large RV if ever needed.

Thanks for the info. Didnt realize how "massive" the shop is, 48' deep, wowwww!! Btw, I'm also "in-love" with the concrete driveway...so perfect*_*

Every time I come to your house or see pictures, I am envious of your cement. I know it sounds weird, but when pouring the cement on my new shop, I should probably fly you down here as no one here apparently can make cement not crack!! ;)

Alex

Well Alex there are 2 facts about concrete that many do not know. 2 kinds of concrete exist.

1. Cracked concrete.

AND

2. Concrete that's going to crack.

You have to give it a place to crack to and know where the cracks propagate from to be able to hide them inside a deep tooled control joint or expansion joint or both.

Well Alex there are 2 facts about concrete that many do not know. 2 kinds of concrete exist.

1. Cracked concrete.

AND

2. Concrete that's going to crack.

You have to give it a place to crack to and know where the cracks propagate from to be able to hide them inside a deep tooled control joint or expansion joint or both.

It's all about the stress lines. When the guys poured my driveway I asked them why they didn't put a stress seam at a particular location. It's cracked now.

• 2 weeks later...

Took my girl out valentines shopping and bought her a new top and some skinny jeans. The sun came out briefly here today before church. 2 hours later it clouded up big time.

004-11.jpg

We then went for a 1 hour walk 2 times around this park that is about 10 minutes from our house.

020.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

Our son David has a touch of the flu for the last 3 days. He is getting better. I am hoping my flu shot does it's job. In 3-1/2 months Tana & I will be empty nesters.

001-4.jpg

Edited by Grabber

• 2 weeks later...

A pre Spring gift for my lovely Tana arrived today. :wub:

Need to install this week end. :camera:

Grabber finally got around to installing my engine caps this afternoon they've been sitting in the box since Wednesday (just kidding) . It was really thoughtful of him to get me a set and install them for me. He's always thinking of Mrs Grabber :wub: Took a few photo's so you can share the love with me. :salute:

001-6.jpg

007-6.jpg

008-11.jpg

009-7.jpg

012-11.jpg

013-6.jpg

014-10.jpg

015-2.jpg

017-4.jpg

019-5.jpg

Grabber finally got around to installing my engine caps this afternoon they've been sitting in the box since Wednesday (just kidding) . It was really thoughtful of him to get me a set and install them for me. He's always thinking of Mrs Grabber :wub: Took a few photo's so you can share the love with me. :salute:

001-6.jpg

Tana - I knew you would like the caps with the Red snakes :happy feet: ....since it matches your car better than the caps that I have.

• 4 weeks later...

One day at a time does add up! Today I earned the right to carry this reminder in my pocket :) XXVI (26) years clean and sober. Back on March 21st 1987 I was 26 years old and from that day forward everything changed. All we really have is today, so live it the best you can.

036-1.jpg

037.jpg

Congratulations Rob,

I remember back when we first met at the 85th birthday bash and you showed me the your XX year coin that you carried with you. Now XXVI, that's quite an accomplishment and I'm proud to have you as a friend.

Yup, have those engine caps and things myself too. Goes well with the red stripes B)

What do you use on your hoses and other plastic items to keep them so dark and brand-new looking?

I use Pig spit. You can buy it at any Harley Davidson store.

I ran 1/2 Marathon today for the first time.

After 2 good running days With times that surprised me. 5.17 miles yesterday @ 8:24 per mile and today 13.11 miles @ 9:34 per mile makes me wonder if I could do the Portland Marathon in October. 26.2 miles is a hole different league in my mind.

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

Grabber, that's a great time. How were the elevation changes over the 13 miles?

I had a few good hils to go up and down. I use a app on my I-phone called "Run Keeper" to push me and track my times every mile and every 10 minutes. That's how I know if I need to keep pushing harder.

• 1 month later...

The county was gettting some OT yesterday sealing the cracks on our streets. They did in front of my driveway too. This is next:Rubberized asphalt chip seal The treatment consists of two parts. In the first phase, rubberized asphalt is applied to the road followed by a covering of crushed rock. The road is then rolled to press the gravel into the rubber-asphalt mix. The second phase, which typically will be done 1-2 weeks later, will involve applying a slurry seal to preserve the new surface. This is a one-day road process that will require closing the road. Last Aug. they cam thru and did ome crappy spotty chip seal. That has created loose gravel problems. I complained enough that they are now going to do the entire neighborhood with a overlay of the rubberized chip seal and top it off with a slurry coat binder. When they are done we will have a great road that will last another 10 years. We will have to deal with some inconveniences until they finish. This will include car down time.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Edited by Grabber

That`s good stuff as long as you don`t have snowplows which are good at ripping it out . They done my street & it only lasted 3years thanks to the plows.

We never ever have a snow plow in our neighborhood.