TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Maryland Dealers

creilly333

Not that I'm in the market for a 2013, but my dealer just informed me he is getting 3 2013 GT500's and will be asking $10k over MSRP for them. So with the rock bottom trade in value of my 2012 and an asking price of $10 k over that would definitely put a 2013 out of reach for me. I could afford it but I refuse to line the dealers pockets. I'll keep my 2012.

Colin

Not that I'm in the market for a 2013, but my dealer just informed me he is getting 3 2013 GT500's and will be asking $10k over MSRP for them. So with the rock bottom trade in value of my 2012 and an asking price of $10 k over that would definitely put a 2013 out of reach for me. I could afford it but I refuse to line the dealers pockets. I'll keep my 2012.

Colin

Who is your dealer?

...never mind saw the front plate pic

Colin, are you willing to travel or have a car shipped?

I am ordering a 2013 GT500 as a stablemate to our '09 KR literally this afternoon.

My local So Cal dealerships are among the greediest bastards in the Ford world. They love talking Supply and Demand, limlted numbers of cars available, and so on. Now I understand about human nature and the desire to get as much as you can for selling something, so I understand their mindset... but refuse to buy into it.

We bought our KR new in June 2010 from the same Arizona dealership we are working with now, and as a matter of fact I'm lucky enough to have the same great salesperson to work with. Fantastic gentleman, no BS and a real pro. I called him up, asked if we could just roll with MSRP on the '13 GT500. He said no problem, let's set it up.

I don't have a prob with paying MSRP if the dealership has it's act together. I know there are folks that cringe at even paying MSRP, but it doesn't faze me.

If the car shows up this Summer and the weather is nice for a night-time cruise across the desert to So Cal, we might drive the '13 home once it shows. Otherwise I'll just spend the $1K to get her shipped in a enclosed ride. That's what I did with the KR.

Once here, I just roll into the AAA office nearby and they can actually handle the paperwork for the car, collecting the CA state sales tax, and getting plates. The car has to be smogged here in So Cal, but that's easy as the cars are 50 State clean and the KR passed without a hitch.

A bit of extra work on my part? Sure, but I love these cars so much that being "busy buying a 13 GT500" is not all that bad of a thing. It's all about approach. :) As an example, yeah I will have to drive her over to a shop for smogging. That means I'll end up standing around with a bunch of gear-heads talking cars. And then drive home. Cool by me!

Also, as with the KR, we are long term owners. So a bit of extra effort up front is no big deal.

And the satisfaction I get NOT paying my local dealers the $10K ADM they want is... priceless.

If you really want that '13, it may just take a bit different approach to get around the challenges.

Good hunting!

Mark

Hi Mark,

I appreciate the info, thanks. My post was to inform others what I had been told by my local dealership. I am not actually in the market for a 2013 myself. The gap between what I would get for my 2012 and the asking price for the 2013 is just too great right now. I am in the middle of buying another house so that is where my priorities lie. Otherwise I would love a 2013, but at or below MSRP, nothing more.

Colin

Ya just have to look at some of these retailers and write them off as near brain dead. They couldn't get 4,800 '12s to clear the market with invoice and a $2500 dealer incentive. These geniuses have now figured that the '13s are worth 10 grand over what the manufacturer suggests and no one in their right mind pays. Simply amazing. Ford gives these monkeys a fantastic product and they make a mess out of it.

im sure there are going to be idiots to pay the 10k+ adm's. I would not give my car away either. just get a tvs or whipple or kb and im sure the 13' will be in the back of everyone's minds. bought my 10' from al packer last year as a leftover. NJ dealers are out of there minds.

just found this. probably gave 32-34k on trade. I hate dealers!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GT500-Manual-Coupe-5-4L-CD-Supercharged-Locking-Limited-Slip-Differential-A-C-/330717580821?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4d004dce15#ht_8556wt_1165

Two Ford dealers here in Peoria, IL. Went to one and sure they would order me a '13 - MSRP plus an undetermined ADM - "we'll see what that is once these cars start selling" - even wanted me to sign the DORA saying I would pay them MSRP plus yet to be determined ADM. Really?

Went to the other dealer - Will you order me a '13 and sell for MSRP. Sure. Guess who I am doing business with.

Two Ford dealers here in Peoria, IL. Went to one and sure they would order me a '13 - MSRP plus an undetermined ADM - "we'll see what that is once these cars start selling" - even wanted me to sign the DORA saying I would pay them MSRP plus yet to be determined ADM. Really?

Went to the other dealer - Will you order me a '13 and sell for MSRP. Sure. Guess who I am doing business with.

Typical greaseball car dealer crap. All the nonsense about "allocations", "ADMs", blah,blah,blah is nothing more than a scum ball play to manipulate an enthusiast into bending over and paying the full sticker price. Your freindly neighborhood Ford dealer will neglect to mention the fact that these cars will see their market values smashed in the very near future when the next generation Mustangs take center stage and the current configuration is yesterdays news. No, they won't be mentioning any of that! Who pays full retail for anything, nobody in their right mind does that. You pay at or near invoice for any other new car. Why would you be willing to pay thousands of dollars more for a GT500. 99.999% of the car buying public would never, ever buy a car like this. The market for this car is so small that it barely exists.There will be no shortage of 60 thousand Mustangs for sure.

Archived