TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Insurance For A SS In Canada, By Who and How Much

• 4 weeks later...

Depends on what coverage you have. When I Super Snaked my car Intact (was ING) would no longer insure my car, so I went to Legends Collector Car insurance (under written by Axa - which is now owned by Intact). PM me if you want more details. Cost depends on your 19A agreed value.

Depends on what coverage you have. When I Super Snaked my car Intact (was ING) would no longer insure my car, so I went to Legends Collector Car insurance (under written by Axa - which is now owned by Intact). PM me if you want more details. Cost depends on your 19A agreed value.

bchorney,what is 19A agreed value?

With collector car insurance you have your car appraised by an acredited appraiser. This value is the agreed to value (or endorsement) of the car when you set your policy. This is the amount your car is covered for in case of a write off. It replaces the blue book value that is used for setting the value of a policy for a normal car. Hope that helps. Allong with this value they do set limits on who can drive the car and how many miles you put on the car each year.

Cheers

Brett

I have my 40th, Super Snaked and insured with the rest of my vehicles via Dominion. I do have to maintain the 19a appraisal for the Shelby to keep it at a fair market value, in case of claims. I have 2 levels of coverage, sitting in the garage for 6 months with fire and theft, then full road insurance when I call for it in the Spring and decide to start driving the car.

Doug

07XL0218

• 1 month later...

Archived