TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Insurance For A KR In Canada, By Who and How Much

Frank,

I currently pay $298 per year for my KR ($302 for my '07 GT500 and $330 for my '01 Audi S4, which is my daily driver). I live in Quebec City and have had no accident for the past 18 years. The KR is my third vehicle and is not used for work. I declared an appoximate milage of 5,000km per year, which is my average of the past few years with my '07. The insureance company is TD Meloche Monnex. They offer insurance to members of professionnal corporations and university alumni. I'm not sure if they offer insurence to menbers of the general public outside of those target groups but I guess you shoud check it out. I would be surprised if you could find a better rate elsewhere.

Eric

Frank,

I currently pay $298 per year for my KR ($302 for my '07 GT500 and $330 for my '01 Audi S4, which is my daily driver). I live in Quebec City and have had no accident for the past 18 years. The KR is my third vehicle and is not used for work. I declared an appoximate milage of 5,000km per year, which is my average of the past few years with my '07. The insureance company is TD Meloche Monnex. They offer insurance to members of professionnal corporations and university alumni. I'm not sure if they offer insurence to menbers of the general public outside of those target groups but I guess you shoud check it out. I would be surprised if you could find a better rate elsewhere.

Eric

Hi Eric,

Too funny. Spoke with MM today as well, as our two daily drivers are insured through my wife who is a lawyer. Anyway, long story short, despite my efforts to describe what a KR was compared to a GT 500 and the costs to repair one should it be damaged, they told me they'd insure it like any other GT500. They also said if they coul d "find a chevy part that fit, if it was cheaper, they'd install that part instead of the more expensive Ford part".

I'd be careful about that company.

Hey guys, you can't go by what's charged in Quebec for any vehicle compared to the rest of Canada.

My Son's GF, moved to Toronto from north of Quebec City and she was paying $185.00 / year for her Honda Civic but she now pays that a month in Toronto.

Archived