TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Track Pack on the Vert

Depends on the specific tracks rules. I had a modified Camaro convertible that I was able to road race (DE days) and drag race. Only problem I ran into was when I got into the 11s, the drag strips wanted a roll bar for regular street night. I was still able to drag race without one during private track rentals at some tracks.

SO, what I'm saying is, it will be more of a hassle, but you can still find ways to have fun.

I think it blows for Ford to not allow you to add it to a ragtop. MY SUGGESTION: Make it part of the condition of sale, have the dealership chase down all the part numbers and order them. Have them waiting for when your car arrives, then have it all added as a "Dealer Installed Option". Have it documented and added into the original purchase and you will have a VERY cool and rare car. If I am buying the car in 20 years, the documentation showing that the track pack was added by the original owner at the time of original purchase would be a BIG bonus. For some reason, adding it later just wouldn't be as cool......Congrats to both of you on the cars.

Depends on the specific tracks rules. I had a modified Camaro convertible that I was able to road race (DE days) and drag race. Only problem I ran into was when I got into the 11s, the drag strips wanted a roll bar for regular street night. I was still able to drag race without one during private track rentals at some tracks.

SO, what I'm saying is, it will be more of a hassle, but you can still find ways to have fun.

I think it blows for Ford to not allow you to add it to a ragtop. MY SUGGESTION: Make it part of the condition of sale, have the dealership chase down all the part numbers and order them. Have them waiting for when your car arrives, then have it all added as a "Dealer Installed Option". Have it documented and added into the original purchase and you will have a VERY cool and rare car. If I am buying the car in 20 years, the documentation showing that the track pack was added by the original owner at the time of original purchase would be a BIG bonus. For some reason, adding it later just wouldn't be as cool......Congrats to both of you on the cars.

One idea would be for Ford to offer a Vert Track pack that includes a factory installed roll cage. Would be very cool and I bet more people would go for it than you'd think just for the cool factor...

Archived