TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ponies on the Plains, 2012 Motorsport Park Hastings, NE

sportscars

Ponies on the Plains (POTP) has announced a date change for this years event! After much consideration and looking at both the pros and cons we decided that moving the event was what needed to happen to provide the best possible experience to our participants.

The move has allowed us to reduce the cost significantly and add new features to the event! The price is now only $425 for a single track package and $50 for a guest. Non-track packages are just $200 for a single. We have also added some new things to the event including:

• Friday 10am to noon "get acquainted" track time!
  • Friday night IMAX type theatre meet & greet with Ford VIP's, light food and a cash bar
  • Saturday morning "high-speed" autocross event
  • Saturday afternoon driver training will be available
  • Saturday evening BBQ at the track followed by Drag Races on the front stretch
  • Sunday is a full day of track action - transponders available for those who want to track their lap times.
  • Awards and trophies

While it is always a difficult decision to change an events date, we believe the added benefits were simply too much to pass up!

For registration information go here: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=aj8n6ejab&oeidk=a07e5miw4zu33ea1034

This event is in conjunction with the 2nd Annual Mustang Roundup, hence the change in date, since the Mustang Roundup was already scheduled for the weekend of the 21st.

I attended the 1st Annual Mustang Roundup last year, and it was a total blast. It's a weekend dedicated completely to Mustangs, so if you're on the fence, get off and get registered. A bunch more wives will be joining their track junky husbands this year, so there will be plenty of significant others for yours to hang out with.

George at MPH puts on a GREAT event - if you can't have fun at this event, then you may as well sell your car and spend your weekends on the couch.

Is there still a preferred hotel and room discount for this event?

Mark

Oops, I also forgot to ask; when registering for the track package and adding a guest, does the guest get an event shirt included in the $50 fee or is that extra?

This is only 500 miles from my house......I would love to bring the Boss but the REAL Boss at home says NO WAY.........Wish it could have been a week later .....maybe next year

Ponies on the Plains (POTP) has announced a date change for this years event! After much consideration and looking at both the pros and cons we decided that moving the event was what needed to happen to provide the best possible experience to our participants.

The move has allowed us to reduce the cost significantly and add new features to the event! The price is now only $425 for a single track package and $50 for a guest. Non-track packages are just $200 for a single. We have also added some new things to the event including:

• Friday 10am to noon "get acquainted" track time!

• Friday night IMAX type theatre meet & greet with Ford VIP's, light food and a cash bar

• Saturday morning "high-speed" autocross event

• Saturday afternoon driver training will be available

• Saturday evening BBQ at the track followed by Drag Races on the front stretch

• Sunday is a full day of track action - transponders available for those who want to track their lap times.

• Awards and trophies

While it is always a difficult decision to change an events date, we believe the added benefits were simply too much to pass up!

For registration information go here: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=aj8n6ejab&oeidk=a07e5miw4zu33ea1034

I knew you would see it my way......LOL

Looks like I may be signing up now and I want to bring the SGT and the Boss. I assume I can bring both cars on the track for the same price?

I knew you would see it my way......LOL

Looks like I may be signing up now and I want to bring the SGT and the Boss. I assume I can bring both cars on the track for the same price?

Chad, as long as you are the only driver or the other driver has also paid for track time that is fine! I got your voice mail - just been a little busy. I'll try to call you tomorrow.

Is there still a preferred hotel and room discount for this event?

Mark

Oops, I also forgot to ask; when registering for the track package and adding a guest, does the guest get an event shirt included in the $50 fee or is that extra?

I am working on that. I have been told our host hotel is not quite what it used to be. I was told the Holiday Inn and the Comfort Inn are both sponsors/partners in the track. I have not yet secured a group discount yet. Hopefully I can get that done Monday.

The $50 does not include a shirt, but extras will be available for $20.

Event fee includes everything!

Group hotel is the Comfort Inn. Use code "Mustang Event" for the discount rate.

Just a heads up. There is no place to enter the discount code on the hotel website nor does Choice Hotels customer service or the hotel staff know what to do with the code. I booked a room for $81.00 a night. I figured that I will have to work on the rate when I check in.

Mark

Just a heads up. There is no place to enter the discount code on the hotel website nor does Choice Hotels customer service or the hotel staff know what to do with the code. I booked a room for $81.00 a night. I figured that I will have to work on the rate when I check in.

Mark

The hotel staff should know. The manager is the one who gave me the code. Let me see what I can find out.

The hotel staff should know. The manager is the one who gave me the code. Let me see what I can find out.

I appreciate you looking into it, not so much for me, but for others who might be trying to book a room. It was pretty frustrating trying to explain to the hotel staff what the code was for. The lady who took my reservation Sunday morning had no idea what I was talking about.

It's all good though. I've got a room booked and I'm signed up for ponies on the plains.

Mark

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate you looking into it, not so much for me, but for others who might be trying to book a room. It was pretty frustrating trying to explain to the hotel staff what the code was for. The lady who took my reservation Sunday morning had no idea what I was talking about.

It's all good though. I've got a room booked and I'm signed up for ponies on the plains.

Mark

Mark

The number to the hotel is (402) 463-5252. They should have all the group rate info!

Another great announcement:

Justin from VMP Tuning will be in attendance with his new Boss! :rockon:

Just keeps getting better!

George just sent me the updated list this morning and I about fell off my couch when I saw that. I am so glad you guys are joining us for a combined event with the 2nd Annual Mustang Roundup. After all it's all about the Mustangs! With 5 Ford engineers bringing their own cars, Justin and AT LEAST 75 cars registered this is going to be an absolutely phenomenal event. I'm sorry I don't get over here that much since I got my Boss last March, but am missing the Team Shelby group and really looking forward to meeting some of you next weekend. Justin tuned my GT500 making 640 rwhp/625 rwtq on a TVS and stock fuel system and it drives like stock. I have 36k on the Shelby now and have beat it like a rented mule, but it still runs like a scalded dog. I'm really excited that Justin finally got a Boss and will be looking forward to hearing what he can do to "speed mine up" just a bit ;)

Here are a couple links to the Mustang Roundup including more information about the Ford engineers that will be in attendance. Again, really looking forward to seeing you guys in Hastings!

http://bossmustangso...k-hastings!!!!/

http://forums.themus...astings-500535/

what kind of safety equipment do we need for the track - helmet specs ( m or sa - 2000 - 2005 )- jacket - shoes - long pants - fire extinguisher

I sent an email out earlier today with that info. Might also suggest sunscreen and a jacket after looking at the weather forecast!

Sunscreen - I'm on it . . . . hahahahaI - looked all over the site and couldn't find the safety equip needed . . . and didn't want anybody to show up suprised or w/out . THIS gonna be AWESOME . . . gonna be some sleepless nites before

what kind of safety equipment do we need for the track - helmet specs ( m or sa - 2000 - 2005 )- jacket - shoes - long pants - fire extinguisher

You don't need a fire extinguisher. Shoes yes, long pants yes, helmets sa 2005 or 2010. You also can wear short sleeves although technically you're supposed to have long sleeves. Given the lows could be in the 30s on Saturday you'll probably want to bring some long sleeve shirts anyway.......even being from South Dakota :hysterical:

Archived