TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ponies on the Plains, 2012 Motorsport Park Hastings, NE

sportscars

logo.pngsmc-nebraska-logo-1.png

You are invited to join us for the 1st annual Team Shelby Ponies on the Plains event! Open to all Shelby, Boss, Roush, Saleen, Mach & all other Mustangs, both VINTAGE & new as well as Ford GT’s. In other words, bring your awesome FORD vehicle out & play with us!

When: September 21-23, 2012 - THAT IS A DATE CHANGE!

Where: Motorsport Park Hastings, Hastings NE

What is included: Two plus days of track time (Friday, Saturday & Sunday), Lunch all three days and Catered dinner Friday night & Saturday night BBQ (w/vip’s), Saturday night “grudge” runs at the track (500' drag races!), tours on the “BACARDI” bus (no, its even BETTER than it sounds!), a car show with awards, a goodie bag & incredible memories!

Cost: $425 for a single $50 for extra spectators. Non-track packages are $250 double & $200 single and includes everything except the on-track time.

Register

HERE

George Anderson who owns and built the track (MPH) also built my car. He is a fantastic person! The track is a great track (I drove on it after the car was finished) as he is a perfectionist and had it built right the first time. The town of Hastings is as clean and well run as any town I have seen in the U.S.

My car on MPH

101_0856.jpg

George Anderson who owns and built the track (MPH) also built my car. He is a fantastic person! The track is a great track (I drove on it after the car was finished) as he is a perfectionist and had it built right the first time. The town of Hastings is as clean and well run as any town I have seen in the U.S.

My car on MPH

101_0856.jpg

Wow Bill,

where have you been hiding ??

Are you going to carlisle ??

George is a big reason this event is happening!

It is going to be a fantastic time!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How many have signed up so far? I am thinking about it but if I drive 1,200 miles to get there I would like more than a handful of shelby's to be there. Makes it more fun.

I was at Carlisle this year with 382 Shelby's!!!

How many have signed up so far? I am thinking about it but if I drive 1,200 miles to get there I would like more than a handful of shelby's to be there. Makes it more fun.

I was at Carlisle this year with 382 Shelby's!!!

I've done this long enough to know that the majority of people want to wait to sign up. Makes it pretty hard to estimate numbers. With this being a "first year" event I doubt we will fill up. I'm thinking we will end up with somewhere between 50-60 cars which is very respectable for a first year event. If you are on the fence I will tell you my thoughts on why you should come:

1. It's the first one! You will always be able to say you were at the very first Ponies on the Plains! Think about Carlisle, MidAmerica and Shelbyfest. How many people can honestly say they were at the first one? You will have forever "Bragging Rights"!

2. Even if it is a smaller turn-out, that means you get more track time and you get to spend more time with fewer people. One of the big aspects of my events is the socializing part. Participants not only leave with a weekend full of great times, but also with a slew of new friends - which, in the long run, is more important than the good time. Think about how many people you didn't get a chance to meet at Carlisle - including me! Bigger is not always better.

3. We have a few exciting "surprises" lined up that are not to be missed!

4. Hastings is a great town - Home of Kool Aid, they have a Museum of Natural History, a water park, an IMAX, great gold, lots of golf courses and even a Naval Ammunition factory museum! Great individual and family attractions.

You will start to see the momentum swing on this event as Shelby and Ford are now done with Carlisle and (soon) Mid America.

We are planning to come. This will be our first event ever and we are really looking forward to it. Will have to wait to make final plans to see if Harvest is over. Then waiting for the post to let us know when the Vegas Bash is and definitely going to that!

I have a question about the track event, is insurance offered thru the event or thru the track? and what are the rates?

We will have track insurance available through Lockton-Affinity insurance company as soon as I can. Premiums are based on the stated value of your vehicle.

As Sean stated lot's of people tend to wait till it's event time to sign up, i am looking for 100 cars or more for the 1st event, lot's of loose endes are getting tied up and we will have a few surprises in store for you...

After I get back from the Shelby Run Europe event, Ponies on the Plains will be the number one priority and you will start to hear a lot more about it. I spent several hours yesterday on the phone about this event and I can tell you that we are working on some very exciting things!

• 2 weeks later...

We are planing to attend .. .. .. wwwaaaa-hhhhooooo !! !! !!

Can't wait . . . .

Maybe we can meet finally! Harvest will be really early this year and not much of it as it is so dry so hopefully we will be able to go to NE. I am really excited about going!

Details for the event are needed several of us are on the fence about going, need some inspriation.

Most all the details are on the info page, but I'm happy to go over the highlights again for everyone:

• Two plus full days of track time at Motorsport Park Hastings (fri, sat & sun)

• Professional driving instruction available - no extra fee - Track Guys will be on hand

• Three catered lunches and two catered dinners (fri & sat)

• Exclusive use of the Guardrail Club at the track for drivers and spectators

• Friday night grudge runs at the track

• Track tours on the Bacardi Bus - Yes, it is awesome!

• Sunday car show with awards

• Early registrants get "extra" track time Friday morning

• Goodie bag

We are working on several really cool VIPs to get them to attend. More details to come.

The host hotel is the Hastings hotel and conference center. Use code Mustang 2012 for the discount rate. Hotel has restaurant and bar on site and includes full breakfast.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

If the wife comes she is not interested in driving but will want to be at the track with me during the event what is the package I need to select to have 1 driver and 1 attendee for eveything else?

The full track package - double (driver and guest) is exactly what you want!

Archived