TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 parts?

Well I just placed my order for the 2013 GT500. I will be trading my 12 in on it. I know I am going to take a bit of a loss but I want the 2013. I am just curious if any parts from the 12 will fit the 13? I bought an xpipe and wonder if the exhaust is the same minus the mufflers.

Well I just placed my order for the 2013 GT500. I will be trading my 12 in on it. I know I am going to take a bit of a loss but I want the 2013. I am just curious if any parts from the 12 will fit the 13? I bought an xpipe and wonder if the exhaust is the same minus the mufflers.

A bit of a loss ? :spend: I think you are in for a rude awakening when the time comes to hand them your keys and take the new one. :ohsnap:

Well they are giving me around 46 for it not what I could sell it for but still..

A bit of a loss ? :spend: I think you are in for a rude awakening when the time comes to hand them your keys and take the new one. :ohsnap:

Well they are giving me around 46 for it not what I could sell it for but still..

Try to sell it out right if you can. This summer when the new car arrives they will know you are hot to get your hands on it and they might pull some line on you like "we have adjusted your car to the current market value and it is only worth $XX,xxx due to the fact that the 2013 model year cars are now out and you have more miles on your car". Trading a new car in on a new car is a tough one.

Good luck on getting the best deal you can get.

• 2 weeks later...

I have gotten them a lot of business they have always taken care of me. Being close to a Military base they know if they get a bad rep its gonna hurt. esp when I have gotten them so much business. The cool thing about doing a trade in is I only get taxed on the difference in price which is way better than getting taxed on 60k. Worst case if they try to pull some BS I keep my car and wait til I get back from afghanistan and get one then.

Try to sell it out right if you can. This summer when the new car arrives they will know you are hot to get your hands on it and they might pull some line on you like "we have adjusted your car to the current market value and it is only worth $XX,xxx due to the fact that the 2013 model year cars are now out and you have more miles on your car". Trading a new car in on a new car is a tough one.

Good luck on getting the best deal you can get.

$46k is a pretty nice trade IMO. What options did you have on it? I'm surprised that they didn't want the car now to make sure they could move it before the 13's come in later in the summer.

You are spot on with the tax savings versus selling it outright. The taxes would be over $3k on $46k, so that is like getting $49 for an outright sale.

I just traded my 12 against a 13 and I ended up getting about $3500 less than I paid last June. $300 a month to drive Shelby for a year...yeah, that's fair to me. :)

Archived