TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500XX is really a code name for ........

How about :stats: GT5001FAFP90.... :hysterical:

LOL!

What a mouthful. By the time you finish saying it, the car is doing over 60mph!!

I'll bet SAI doesn't own that name, maybe should register it ;)

There's GT500CWH :)

Put an Italian angle on it with GT500SV (Super Veloce)

Here are some other names to think about.....

GT500I - I = Interceptor

GT500C - C = Cyclone

GT500M – M = Mongoose

GT500KC – KC = King Cobra

GT500SE – SE = Special Edition

GT500ABE - ABE = Amy Boylan Edition

GT500SVT - SVT = Special Vehicle Terminator

I like the way you formatted this, thus...

GT500SS - SS = Super Stang

GT500ÜS - ÜS = Über Stang

GT500KA - KA = Kickin' Ass

The SS is trademarked by GM & the SuperSnake is already being made here by Carroll Shelby so that name is already in production & can't be used.

http://www.uniqueperformance.com/supersnakeGT500E.aspx

Super Stallion I think is used by Chip Foose on his limited edition cars he makes at unique performance also so that can't be used

King Cobra.......Hhmmmmm that could be used, but I keep having flashbacks to 1977 & 1978 Mustang King Cobra II's that were.....AHhhhhhh way too fast :hysterical:

I think GT500VK should be it....Vette or Viper Killer

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO FAST

when i went to the NYC auto show the GT500KR representitive said they were coming out with 6 new mustangs over the next few years

under 500 HP

Bullit

Mach 1

Boss

over 500 HP

King cobra

Super Stallion

King Dragon

I don't trust any Ford reps that work at autoshows, they spread rumors that never happen. They are there just to create HYPE for there employer & to help prevent you from buying someone else's product by telling you all this advanced secret info.... :hyper:

I don't trust any Ford reps that work at autoshows, they spread rumors that never happen. They are there just to create HYPE for there employer & to help prevent you from buying someone else's product by telling you all this advanced secret info.... :hyper:

I agree. I've never received more mis-information from any other place.

I must say the King Dragon, as goofy as it sounds, is intriguing. :hysterical:

This is an interesting read on the Barrett-jackson Super Snake CSX3015.

The 75 Unique Performance Super Snakes (which are powered by 427 alloy big-block side oilers [updated blocks]) I believe are actually stickered as GT500Es.

I don't see any conflict with a new GT500E Super Snake and the Unique Performance built SA 'continuation' builds because those were extended-serialed 'vintage' cars -- not likely the two would be confused any more than a '68 GT500KR and 2008 GT500KR (just imo). Also a GT500E Super Snake nicely steals some of the GM SS thunder without ever using the SS abbreviation -- I likey! ;)

The Foose mustangs are called Foose Stallions, so Super Stallion seems unlikely, but :shrug:

Shure is going to be fun to see what get's cooked! ;)

<edit: sp.

This is an interesting read on the Barrett-jackson Super Snake CSX3015.

The 75 Unique Performance Super Snakes (which are powered by 427 alloy big-block side oilers [updated blocks]) I believe are actually stickered as GT500Es.

I don't see any conflict with a new GT500E Super Snake and the Unique Performance built SA 'continuation' builds because those were extended-serialed 'vintage' cars -- not likely the two would be confused any more than a '68 GT500KR and 2008 GT500KR (just imo). Also a GT500E Super Snake nicely steals some of the GM SS thunder without ever using the SS abbreviation -- I likey! ;)

The Foose mustangs are called Foose Stallions, so Super Stallion seems unlikely, but :shrug:

Shure is going to be fun to see what get's cooked! ;)

<edit: sp.

A couple interesting side notes

I saw a video on you tube with a guy that has a full race cobra and also has a 427SC the SC's where for street use so the rear end was different to keep the speed down. I believe he said the race version with its rear end ratio could hit around 180mph also those cars had a bigger fuel tank to help out with weight balancing.

Also the new GT500Es two cars that are totally different than the rest of them, reason why is Paul Tuttle and his son each got a custom one for doing the Shelby bike for unique performance. I believe Paul Sr got a yellow and black striped car with some extra goodies under the hood. Jr got a real low key badgeless car that he had painted 2 tone champagne and burgundy.

I think Foose is toying with the idea of supercharging his car with whatever Ford Racing offers up.

If SA wants to rock it out they need to fix the wheel hop and put a kenne bell on that would certainly make for something special. Might have to ditch any scoops held on with double stick tape though they probably would not stay on very long if you went for speed :D

A couple interesting side notes

I saw a video on you tube with a guy that has a full race cobra and also has a 427SC the SC's where for street use so the rear end was different to keep the speed down. I believe he said the race version with its rear end ratio could hit around 180mph also those cars had a bigger fuel tank to help out with weight balancing.

Also the new GT500Es two cars that are totally different than the rest of them, reason why is Paul Tuttle and his son each got a custom one for doing the Shelby bike for unique performance. I believe Paul Sr got a yellow and black striped car with some extra goodies under the hood. Jr got a real low key badgeless car that he had painted 2 tone champagne and burgundy.

I think Foose is toying with the idea of supercharging his car with whatever Ford Racing offers up.

If SA wants to rock it out they need to fix the wheel hop and put a kenne bell on that would certainly make for something special. Might have to ditch any scoops held on with double stick tape though they probably would not stay on very long if you went for speed :D

Interesting, I was wondering if Paul Sr. did a swap on that bike - makes sense!

I don't think we'll see SA offer the KB ...though it is awesome! I suspect we'll see the Eaton TVS 2.3 on the KR and Supersnake ...maybe a bigger TVS later on???

You'd think he had to pay something for the extras on the car. Also I saw that recently the bike was up on ebay for sell. I don't know what the folks over a OCC charge for doing customs I'd guess around $150K I saw a GT500E listed on ebay in that ball park. I saw the details on Paul Jr's car in Mustang and fast fords I think its been about 6 months ago.

As for the coming offerings from SA, If its truly unique and different thats really cool I think they are leaning to the old school look alittle to much. The hood is neat but the letters on the hood kill the lines or look that make the front of the car so menacing. Thats just my opinion thou :D

Shelby to me means performance so if they give you some good bang for the buck I'm really happy to see that. But its a different time its not like you can't get the same or better performance for the amount the packages they may bring out. I hope they really hit a home run people have asked for the SA offerings for the GT500 to come out of their production shop so when everything shakes out this year I hope everyone is happy with the results.

You'd think he had to pay something for the extras on the car. Also I saw that recently the bike was up on ebay for sell. I don't know what the folks over a OCC charge for doing customs I'd guess around $150K I saw a GT500E listed on ebay in that ball park. I saw the details on Paul Jr's car in Mustang and fast fords I think its been about 6 months ago.

As for the coming offerings from SA, If its truly unique and different thats really cool I think they are leaning to the old school look alittle to much. The hood is neat but the letters on the hood kill the lines or look that make the front of the car so menacing. Thats just my opinion thou :D

Shelby to me means performance so if they give you some good bang for the buck I'm really happy to see that. But its a different time its not like you can't get the same or better performance for the amount the packages they may bring out. I hope they really hit a home run people have asked for the SA offerings for the GT500 to come out of their production shop so when everything shakes out this year I hope everyone is happy with the results.

Yeah, I also like how they are doing the GT500 as retrofits to protect those who already got ADM-reamed from having to pay another ADM since the mods to existing GT500s are directly thru SA, whereas the KR will likely get heavy ADMs thru the dealers next year.

Btw, Ford Media just posted the announcement -- essentially the same info.

Dan

I think a good while ago we talked about alot of the things that are shaking out now and its a given the ADM will be very high on the KR version of the car. I don't like it but I understand it. SA does the work the dealer isn't doing anything extra. Maybe it will be a fee applied directly to the sticker like with roush units or the Shelby GTs.Make it a flat fee not this highest bidder poopie. If they have a ton of people wanting that car they would be dumb as a brick not to keep it around in a regular street version and sell as many and they can. You know dodge and Chevy are still coming they are developing alot of crate engine and aftermarket offerings. Ford seems to be behind in that area I think Shelby picked up the 427 and started to run with it. Of course Roush is always in there somewhere they are looking for the edge, it sucks Mark Martian is running in Chevys now.

I also read awhile ago the fellow that came over from Boeing got something like 40million this year. Man thats a good gig to have. I'd hate to think they hired him just to be the hatchet guy for all the plant closings and downsizing. If Ford wants to save some money fire Matt Millen as GM from the Lions the team is in a boatload of trouble.

But maybe ford has a plan a all race version for the street like a cobra R would be a kick AZZ GT500. It would be time to put your Cape on for that one :superhero: :D

Archived