TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Trade in value?

I have been contemplating if I can swing the 2013 upgrade.. I would like to be armed with as much information as possible.

So my questions is what would be good trade in value for my car?

2010 Black with black stripe

11,000 miles

Electronics Package

HID

Car Cover

Factory Warranty until December 2012

Everything stock except the air filter and Roush anti wheel hop kit.

Nada suggests, $39,950 Clean Trade In

KBB suggests, $42,053 Very Good Trade In

Obviously I would like to get the most money out of it lol. What do you guys think is a good deal for me?

I've thought about selling it privately but I don't really want to be with out my toy..

Thanks

NADA and KBB are dreamers. I sold my mint 2010 in April, 2010. Used with 5k miles with same options as you for $43.5k. That was TWO YEARS AGO. It took me 3 months to sell at that price. Your car is worth $35k tops private party. $32k tradein. Reality hurts.

NADA and KBB are dreamers. I sold my mint 2010 in April, 2010. Used with 5k miles with same options as you for $43.5k. That was TWO YEARS AGO. It took me 3 months to sell at that price. Your car is worth $35k tops private party. $32k tradein. Reality hurts.

Chris,

You're right on the money! A lot of 11/12 owners too are going to get a rude awakening when/if they trade for a 13...

i call a dealer in ill. who had a 2012 svt package with recaros, strip delete, listed for 57,000 or best offer he said he would give me the car for 52,500 but my 2010 with 2800 miles on it and 15,000 in upgrades was only worth 32,000 to 36,000 i quess you know what i told him

i call a dealer in ill. who had a 2012 svt package with recaros, strip delete, listed for 57,000 or best offer he said he would give me the car for 52,500 but my 2010 with 2800 miles on it and 15,000 in upgrades was only worth 32,000 to 36,000 i quess you know what i told him

That sucks, I know a dealership is there to make money but damn. I'd have no problem paying MSRP for the 2013, thats 5k profit for them. Then they wanted to give you 32k for your 2010 which they would sell for probably 45k with the upgrades, thats another 13k profit. So 18k profit off one person is not fair.

If you trade it to a dealer you will get less then it is worth because the dealer has to resell it at a profit, I would list it and see if you get any interest. Remember the nice weather is coming and people may be getting a tax refund from Uncle Sam.

$35k private party sale sounds about right. The dealer is most likely only going to give the person what they can sell the car at auction for.

That sucks, I know a dealership is there to make money but damn. I'd have no problem paying MSRP for the 2013, thats 5k profit for them. Then they wanted to give you 32k for your 2010 which they would sell for probably 45k with the upgrades, thats another 13k profit. So 18k profit off one person is not fair.

I would put a VMP TVS and a Fays2 Watts Link on your car and then drive by the Ford Dealership laughing about your new found power/handling and cash savings. Every year they will make a bigger, badder Shelby. You can upgrade the car you have and save a Ton of money. There is no end in site to the new gig.

WOW. I'm glad its not just me! I just finished getting my bowels reamed out from the wrong direction by the dealerships here in Dallas. I was trying to trade in a car that they had sitting on their lot for sale at 25,000 and all they would give me was 17,000. NADA was saying my car was worth $22,800 trade in and $25,800 dealer retail. I would point out that they were making $3,000 on selling me the new car already, and I felt that making ANOTHER $8,000 on the trade in was over the top BS. Not a single dealer would budge. It was weird too, I went to different dealers all over town, different makes, and every damn dealership came back with the same $17,000 offer. Clearly, they were all looking it up on an auction site and coming back with that number. But, its funny how they want to offer me auction price, but when they sell it, they make a BIG DEAL over the fact that THIS CAR WAS LOCALLY OWNED! I gave up, took the ass beating and traded it. Guess what......I swear on the bible, my car is now listed at the dealership for $24,900. I spent 4 months fighting, and got NOWHERE.

I do promise this, I won't take a beating like that again. I'll sell privately from now on. Dealers have to make a profit, I get that. BUT, $11,000 profit from selling me a car and taking mine in trade? REALLY? This is the first time I've been blasted like this on a car deal, and it won't happen again.

Yeah, I feel ya there brother. I've never had a good experience trading in a car thats only a couple years old..

Out of board-em last Thursday I gave my local dealer a call, asked for the trade in guy, asked him what he would offer. He said that there going for 46-42k at auction.. I was kind of shocked, so I said "Thats what you'll give me?" he said "Yup, Well within 2k of those number"

So come Monday I'll go in there and check it out. Maybe its just a ploy to get me in there. I don't know its worth a shot.

He did say that they were only getting one car, I told him it shouldn't be a problem to order me one, then he said I dont know, it depends on how many there going to build.. LOL

I'm just gonna tell him straight forward, I'm not paying a ADM, Im not getting raped on the trade in so if they wanna make the sale the ball is in there court. Well see how it goes, I'm not getting my hopes up too much..

personally I think that is decent trade money on a 2010....

Agreed!

In the end if you have time to sell it yourself great otherwise they pretty much have you by the b@ll$. Jeff's experience above is a lot like mine! I think there are just too many of us looking to pick up one of the newer cars for the increased HP and before the style change. Supply and demand I guess...too much supply of 2007-2012's.

Good luck!

Agreed!

In the end if you have time to sell it yourself great otherwise they pretty much have you by the b@ll$. Jeff's experience above is a lot like mine! I think there are just too many of us looking to pick up one of the newer cars for the increased HP and before the style change. Supply and demand I guess...too much supply of 2007-2012's.

Good luck!

Thanks, I figure if I could sell it privately I might get 40 but with the trade in I'm saving around 3k in taxes so however I look at it, its about the same.

Bobby, from what the other guys here have shared of THEIR experiences in trading their 2010/2011/2012, I -really- think you are getting a pretty good offer. You might be able to get a new car under MSRP if you wait 6-8 months, but I would bet that any movement you get will be offset by the continued falling value of your trade in. If you want a 2013, I think you should take that deal. Good luck, and remember, whichever way you go, you've got one hell of a car, whether it is a 2010, or 2013!

Around here you would be out of your mind not to take 30k. It really does not matter in the end because it is the trade difference and a lot of suckers will be paying over MSRP so it makes no difference. The actual trade value is not a concern only the trade difference. People who are getting the early cars will be getting killed by the end of the year esp when the new car is released---these 2013's will be going for under invoice just like the 2012's were..

Am keeping my 2012 as a DD until the new bad boy comes out from Dodge..

Broke down and ordered the 13. Traded my baby in today, now I'm Shelbyless.

They gave me $37,500 so that was pretty good.

Candy red & black stripe,with electronics package.

It was pretty hard giving up my baby, I was more sentimentally attached to my car than I thought..

Feel kind of sick to my stomach about it but I know when the new one arrives it will be worth it.

Archived