TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Extras, What Is Available?

So looks like my deal on a KR is going ahead. Wondering what is available for extras from Shelby? I've heard something about a master cylinder brake cap, door sill plates and fuse box cover. Are those items still available? Anything else on the must have list?

How do I log onto the registry and make sure it is updated? It seems un-accessible.

Thanks, I've tried to contact Robert Lane but have not heard back from him as of yet.

Great to hear Steve, Congrats! Contact SPP for what they have for KR parts. Have your VIN available. Click link below to register your KR:

http://registry.teamshelby.com/

Thanks fcettner! I will sign up once the deal is done. DOes anyone know if you can access the registry if you don't officially own a KR? For example, some have been written off or heavily damaged, and I know people clamor to find out the number so it is documented in the registry. I think the chance of mine being one of those is remote, but how can one find out if there is anything negative on the registry before buying a car?

Thanks fcettner! I will sign up once the deal is done. DOes anyone know if you can access the registry if you don't officially own a KR? For example, some have been written off or heavily damaged, and I know people clamor to find out the number so it is documented in the registry. I think the chance of mine being one of those is remote, but how can one find out if there is anything negative on the registry before buying a car?

Congrats and welcome to the KR family.

Registry info isn't public, and questions or submissions can be handled by contacting Steven Thornton (Chief Registrar) at stevent@shelbyamerican.com

Post pix when your car arrives.

Did you find it in Canada, or do you need to import?

Tom

Congrats on your new purchase! To answer part of your question, I was looking to buy the fuse box cover a few days ago, and received a message that it was out of stock when I tried to complete my purchase.

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/74220-gt500kr.htm

Not sure if it is permanently discontinued or simply temporarily out of stock.

Congrats Frank! Hope it all works out for you.

Everyone is going to have an opinion on the KR exclusive stuff of what they like and don't. You can't go, "wrong", with any of the exclusive items purchased. Some are nicer than others.

I have coil covers, sill plates, master cylinder cap, fuse box cover, CAI filter.

IMHO, the far and away nicest looking and not too pricy are the door sill plates. These are really nice.

Coil covers are very nice...but very expensive.

Other stuff is ok. Not a big pricepoint for them. Fuse box looks....eh...ok.

I would highly recommend those sill plates if they can still be had. Best of luck on the car purchase and import!

You might consider pulling off the splitter before driving it up a ramp. Or make sure the shipper has a really REALLY gentle sloped ramp. Gonna get chewed on the underside if ramp not super gentle sloped.

Steve

Archived