TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just got my black 2008 GT500KR!!

Hi everyone,

I found '08KR #597 in Virginia, a perfect condition black on black on black KR with 2,500 miles on it, and decided to pull the trigger and join the club...my first Shelby though I've owned 5 Mustangs over the past 20+ years. I picked it up last night and I'm so excited to own the car while treating it with the complete respect it deserves.

I've been following the Team Shelby forums here for a while and part of the reason I decided to jump in with both feet is the great group of folks online here; that, and I've been a Shelby fanatic for years now but without the car...best decision!

I looked at the 2011-2013 Shelby's at the dealers but ultimately I wanted something that was actually worked on by Shelby American and not made solely by Ford in Michigan. I love the new Shelby's but the KR was tops in my mind and I'm proud to be one of the few that owns one of them, after having moved recently from a 2010 Mustang GT convertible and 2012 Mustang GT California Special convertible. Nice cars but no comparison to the KR.

Before I even bought this car I registered for the Shelby 50th anniversary events at Summit Point, WV and Carlisle, PA in May/June, and I'm excited to meet and greet anyone else here that is attending...time is precious so I don't want it to disappear but I can't wait for the next 2 months to go by! Looking forward to seeing you all there if you can attend. I saw of list of folks attending with their cars and other information and I'll add myself to that. See you then.

Take care and drive safe...

Congrats on your new purchase! You won't regret it. I totally agree with your post, part of the attraction for me was also the fact that it was completed at the Shelby shop in Vegas. Please post some pics when you have a chance.

Hi everyone,

I found '08KR #597 in Virginia, a perfect condition black on black on black KR with 2,500 miles on it, and decided to pull the trigger and join the club...my first Shelby though I've owned 5 Mustangs over the past 20+ years. I picked it up last night and I'm so excited to own the car while treating it with the complete respect it deserves.

I've been following the Team Shelby forums here for a while and part of the reason I decided to jump in with both feet is the great group of folks online here; that, and I've been a Shelby fanatic for years now but without the car...best decision!

I looked at the 2011-2013 Shelby's at the dealers but ultimately I wanted something that was actually worked on by Shelby American and not made solely by Ford in Michigan. I love the new Shelby's but the KR was tops in my mind and I'm proud to be one of the few that owns one of them, after having moved recently from a 2010 Mustang GT convertible and 2012 Mustang GT California Special convertible. Nice cars but no comparison to the KR.

Before I even bought this car I registered for the Shelby 50th anniversary events at Summit Point, WV and Carlisle, PA in May/June, and I'm excited to meet and greet anyone else here that is attending...time is precious so I don't want it to disappear but I can't wait for the next 2 months to go by! Looking forward to seeing you all there if you can attend. I saw of list of folks attending with their cars and other information and I'll add myself to that. See you then.

Take care and drive safe...

Congrats and welcome to the KR crowd. Where abouts are you from in the great state of MD?

I'm from Ellicott City, MD and have lived here for 13 years. Not too many Shelby's driving around these parts, though Apple Ford supposedly sells more Mustangs and Shelby's on the east coast than any other dealer.

Only had it for two days but already I've had a Benz and a Porsche Carrera checking it out while going down the road, and the expected posers revving their engines to get a rise...not gonna happen. You gotta pay for that thrill buddy.

Had to wash and detail the car tonight since it isn't planning to rain for days...so might as well look good. A little draft beer and some elbow gase goes a long way towards relaxation. As I was going through the car I found that the previous/first owner still had the factory protective plastic under the steering wheel and over the SVT floor sills...nice to have someone that took that kind of care of the car! Plus, he also has the brake cooling kit still in the Ford Racing box...I'll be installing that before the 50th anniversary event in Summit Point/Carlisle in May/June. Wondering how big a job that is because it looks like I need to take the carbon fiber splitter off to get under there. Please lemme know how many of you have done that.

I'll post some pics as soon as I figure out how to upload an album to the site here. Tried a couple times but I must be challenged in this area, at least for now! I'll get them up asap.

Congrats on a great pruchase. I got my blackk 08 #922 last septemeber and it went into winter stroage, I live in Utah. Spring is here and I can now drive it. these cars are so great to drvie and the sound is awesome especially on cold start. blows my mind every time. happy driving!

Congrats on the car, you're gonna love it.

I installed the brake cooling kit. It doesn't come with screens but you can easily fabricate your own. I think I posted about it awhile ago.....I'll see if I can direct you to that thread.

Don't forget to register your car in the registry. The link is in my sig line.

- Joe

Archived