TEAM SHELBY FORUM

$2500 dealer incentive on 2012 GT500 has been extended

Ecrissman

I was just informed that the $2500 dealer incentive has been extended until July 2nd. It was scheduled to expire today. Aggressive dealers are combining this with X-Plan to move the 2012's.

my 2012 cost me invoice. the dealer in VA that had the car had another sticker attached. "Additional Market Value" . They were asking an addtional 2k over sticker for a total of 51600.00. My dealer in OH did a dealer trade, I drove their explorer down and made the switch and brought my new 2012 home. My dealer then sold me the car for 44915.00

I did not get the incentive money and I am not sure which dealer did. Doesnt matter. I got the car, year, color and price I wanted. The drive back on the west by God virginia turnpike was lots of fun too... :)

Yeah it really not about what we paid as long as your happy. I hope my dealer did make money, he wouldnt be in business if he didnt. He's gotta earn a living like everyone else. I thought maybe someone looking might benefit from the info

Obviously 50 some thousand dollar Mustangs aren't selling well. No real surprise there. It will be interesting to see how the 5 grand price increase on the 2013's is working out in about six months.

Agreed especially with the elections coming up people will be very hesitant to make big purchases.

There is only so many folks that can afford a car at these prices.

There is $2500 dealer cash on '12s. It appears that many retailers are electing to hide this fact from their customers and allowing them to believe that they are giving these cars away, NOT. A true invoice sale at this point would be the published invoice price minus the $2500.

Agreed especially with the elections coming up people will be very hesitant to make big purchases.

There is only so many folks that can afford a car at these prices.

Huh? Where did you get this factoid from? Car sales were robust for March. Ford sold 223,418 vehicles in March, up from 212,777 a year ago and 25% above February's total of 179,119.

The reason there is a problem is that anyone that wants one, and can afford $50K, is going to hold off for a 650hp 2013. That's what's in play here...politics has nothing what so ever to do with it.

There is $2500 dealer cash on '12s. It appears that many retailers are electing to hide this fact from their customers and allowing them to believe that they are giving these cars away, NOT. A true invoice sale at this point would be the published invoice price minus the $2500.

That's exactly what I paid for mine. I didn't even have to ask. He voluntarily knocked the $2500 off invoice.

Is this printed anywhere??? Starting the "process" on a 2012 BOSS 302... And the "extra" $2,500 would be nice to know about :salute:

Crushinator,

Sounds like you got a great deal! As my official first post as a member, I hope to find a dealer willing to do the same. This will be my first Shelby once I track down a dealer with a Kona Blue willing to deal.

Archived