TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010+ Shelby GT500 Wing Set: New at SPP

Staff

S10MK-1447-C-2.jpg

Dress up your GT500 with these high quality billet aluminum "Shelby GT500" emblems.

The kit includes the front grille receiver with the Snake and both side wings assembled. They also include the left and right fender "Shelby" and "GT500" side wing emblems.

The side emblem wings are made from billet aluminum and feature the same size, dimension and quality as the ones used on the Shelby GT500KR, GT500 40th and GT500 Super Snake.

Applications

2010-2012 GT500

Includes:

2 x "Shelby" badges.

2 x "GT500" badges.

2 x Front grill receivers and installation hardware.

Notes:

Installation does require slight modification to your stock grill.

Release Date:

New Product Release: 30 Mar 2012

Click here to order or call 702.405.3500

S10MK-1447-C-2.jpg

Dress up your GT500 with these high quality billet aluminum "Shelby GT500" emblems.

The kit includes the front grille receiver with the Snake and both side wings assembled. They also include the left and right fender "Shelby" and "GT500" side wing emblems.

The side emblem wings are made from billet aluminum and feature the same size, dimension and quality as the ones used on the Shelby GT500KR, GT500 40th and GT500 Super Snake.

Applications

2010-2012 GT500

Includes:

2 x "Shelby" badges.

2 x "GT500" badges.

2 x Front grill receivers and installation hardware.

Notes:

Installation does require slight modification to your stock grill.

Release Date:

New Product Release: 30 Mar 2012

Click here to order or call 702.405.3500

Is this a optical illusion ? The left wing looks like it is drooping downwards. Are any straight on photos available ?

Got my wings today. Sides are a snap and look nice, the front, didn't come with directions but it looks like it wil entail some trimming etc. Not sure I want to go down that road, at least until I am able to see if the 2012 upper grille will fit in the 2011. Assuming it will, then I will cut away with semi wreckless abandon knowing I have an out plan and a way to justify it to my wife.

Got my wings today. Sides are a snap and look nice, the front, didn't come with directions but it looks like it wil entail some trimming etc. Not sure I want to go down that road, at least until I am able to see if the 2012 upper grille will fit in the 2011. Assuming it will, then I will cut away with semi wreckless abandon knowing I have an out plan and a way to justify it to my wife.

are the wings on the grill piece straight, unlike the picture posted?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I agree NMav....I am not sure how to work the front on my 2011 grill...they send 2 blank 1/4-1/2 inch wings with no real way of attaching on the right side of the Snake. I will keep you all posted on how it looks when I completely figure this out.

I have mine in hand and now waiting to get installed by my main man Tom at After Hours Mustangs here in Ohio. Once installed I will post some finished pics with these on my 2012 performance white with stripe delete. Thanks again Shelby for a quality part!

Best,

Les

Let us know if yours lines up nice and straight. Mine didn't so I left a space (3/8th of an inch) between the cobra and the wings. it looks good that way but I understand purists might take offense. Better than having them all cattiwompus however ...

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a quick shot of the passenger side install. I will have more pictures this weekend and I love the way this looks on stripe delete! Not sure if I am going to have the grill wings installed as it looks like if the screw holes are done wrong I am out a grill. Sticking to just the sides for now.

post-36622-0-23773900-1336695648_thumb.jpg

post-36622-0-23773900-1336695648_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hey Jer for the 13 folk I was wondering since the wings won't work with the front grill I am assuming since you guys didn't use it for the 13 is there anyway we could order just the sides and not pay the full price since we are not getting everything?

Hey Jer for the 13 folk I was wondering since the wings won't work with the front grill I am assuming since you guys didn't use it for the 13 is there anyway we could order just the sides and not pay the full price since we are not getting everything?

I'll look into it when they arrive.

Jer

I announced an arrival date of October 19th. Still seems likely.

Jer

Eagerly waiting thanks Jer.

By the way have you done anything about shipping costs on small objects such as these?

You mean, like, having your house moved? No. :hysterical:

We ship FedEx, and it can feel expensive when buying a small, inexpensive item. We're working to add other options, but nothing's available yet.

Jer

You mean, like, having your house moved? No. :hysterical:

We ship FedEx, and it can feel expensive when buying a small, inexpensive item. We're working to add other options, but nothing's available yet.

Jer

I'm moving my house next to the store.

Didn't you know that?

I'm moving my house next to the store.

Didn't you know that?

Then I'm moving the store.

:)

Jer

• 1 year later...

I'm needing to replace the wing portion of the grille receivers on my 2012 SS, but I do not need the full kit as my billet plates are still usable. Would it be possible to purchase these separate instead of paying for new billet plates?

I'm needing to replace the wing portion of the grille receivers on my 2012 SS, but I do not need the full kit as my billet plates are still usable. Would it be possible to purchase these separate instead of paying for new billet plates?

Call Shelby American and talk to someone there. I think Gary Patterson now. Your Super Snake parts are restricted items and probably covered under some kind of warranty. If not Warranty, then customer pay.

I would think you can get the two receiver parts alone but only SA can say for sure.

Phill

Brian Turner.

(702) 405-3500.

Jer

Archived