TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'08 KR with 367mi for $52k

52 grand sounds like an awfull lot for a nearly 5 model year old Mustang

Thinking it should be closer to $30K; right..?......NOT!

Around 1700 '08-'09 KRs built, the fastest, most powerful street Mustang ever offered by Ford up until then, and probably the LAST pre-title Shelby sold through Ford, while Mr. Shelby was around to see it.

It seems that plenty of people who don't have them, think they should be dirt cheap... All I can say is, if you can find a nice one being given away, grab it! :)

52K seems fair to me considering the car's mileage, initial MSPP (80K), plus the fact that several KR with much more mileage sell in the mid to high 40s. I was looking for a while to purchase a 2008 Audi RS4 convertible (another 80K car when new that had a limited production run). Low mileage ones also sell in the low to mid 50s, with higher mileage ones in the mid 40s, Nothing exceptional about the KRs resale value vs other low production cars in the same price range.

Thinking it should be closer to $30K; right..?......NOT!

Around 1700 '08-'09 KRs built, the fastest, most powerful street Mustang ever offered by Ford up until then, and probably the LAST pre-title Shelby sold through Ford, while Mr. Shelby was around to see it.

It seems that plenty of people who don't have them, think they should be dirt cheap... All I can say is, if you can find a nice one being given away, grab it! :)

No, didn't say 30, you did. 40, maybe. The car is cool as heck for sure but not anywhere near the hot item it was when new. Sorry, they just aren't center stage and commanding a premium dollar anymore. 50 grand or more for a five year old Mustang is just plain stupid. Have you looked at the specs on the '13s yet?

No, didn't say 30, you did. 40, maybe. The car is cool as heck for sure but not anywhere near the hot item it was when new. Sorry, they just aren't center stage and commanding a premium dollar anymore. 50 grand or more for a five year old Mustang is just plain stupid. Have you looked at the specs on the '13s yet?

I've seen the '13 specs, and they're a very cool car. But, they're not a pre-title Shelby, and not finished at Shelby Autos.... They're also closer to $60K, than $40K.

You know, part of me wants to see the KRs drop in price, so I can pick up another one.. (actually, one in each color), but another part of me wants them to maintain a good resale. They are rare cars, but I realize, also have a limited appeal. Saying that $50K for a five year old Musting is stupid..? I don't know; talk with people spending several times that, on a '60s KR or an original Boss. In a few years, people may say that prices of the used '13 Shelbys are stupid too, ..and they still won't be the KR. I'm happy to have one, and think that if you're looking for the '05-'09 body style, the KR was the king. :)

This reminds of something a KR owner told me at Carlisle last year. A 68 KR owner who bought one in 69 with 3K miles on it for $2400. He had to borrow the money from his dad who promptly told him he was insane for buying a used mustang for over 2K dollars. He said his dad would look at the car for years afterwards and laugh and ask him how the biggest used car scam in history was going ( referring to the original owner who sold a used mustang for 2000 dollars).

I'm pretty sure the boy ( who is now a grandfather) and passing the KR to his children one day had the last laugh.

2,000 for a mustang! Indeed! LMAO

I've got a 44 year old KR with 62k miles on it...I'll let you have it for 150k...but not a penny less... Oh yea, and it needs a new clutch too :hysterical2:

I've got a 44 year old KR with 62k miles on it...I'll let you have it for 150k...but not a penny less... Oh yea, and it needs a new clutch too :hysterical2:

Sure thing. I spent over 2 decades of my life rebuilding and restoring 60's Mustangs one of which was a GT350. I paid my dues slaving over those rattletraps and know all about them.They are passion but a major PIA to deal with because they were so poorly constructed and engineered when compared with what you can buy today.Those cars are great to see at shows and BS about. You can have every last one of them. They drive like trucks with worn out shocks and are actually slower than many sedans available today.

This reminds of something a KR owner told me at Carlisle last year. A 68 KR owner who bought one in 69 with 3K miles on it for $2400. He had to borrow the money from his dad who promptly told him he was insane for buying a used mustang for over 2K dollars. He said his dad would look at the car for years afterwards and laugh and ask him how the biggest used car scam in history was going ( referring to the original owner who sold a used mustang for 2000 dollars).

I'm pretty sure the boy ( who is now a grandfather) and passing the KR to his children one day had the last laugh.

2,000 for a mustang! Indeed! LMAO

Wow, what an investment. Kinda like a gold coin that you can throw in a safety deposit box, yank it out 45 years later in perfect condition and ya sell it for 6 figures. This stuff makes for great internet chatter among enthusiasts. The reality of all these tales if there is any basis in fact is wildly different if you have dealt with these cars for any lenght of time.

Archived