TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500KR at April 2012 Barrett-Jackson Auction

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=382.1&aid=463&pop=0

5.4 Liter supercharged V8 producing an estimated 540hp and 510 ft/lb of torque. Ford Racing power upgrade pack featuring revised calibration and cold air intake system. 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73 rear axle ratio. Ford Racing performance exhaust system. Unique performance suspension tuning springs dampers and stabilizer bars. Ford Racing short-throw shifter and front strut tower brace. Unique carbon composite hood featuring classic Shelby "KR" design. Front brake cooling ducts. "Shelby" lettering across the front edge of hood and rear decklid. 40th Anniversary badges on the front quarter panels. Carroll Shelby signature embroidered headrests and floor mats. Official Shelby CSM 40th Anniversary GT500 KR dash plate. 1,300 original miles.

1ZVHT88S385195912

Steve

Wow, talk about an interesting chain of events. I went to the link to check out the KR, and noticed that they are also selling a submarine. In the early 1980's, my dad built a sub from scratch that looks identical in engineering to the sub listed on the BJ auction site. I was the only 10 year old in school who's dad owned a submarine, and I remember going down in it several times.

Sorry to derail the thread, but thanks for the link that let me find this!

Did you live in Manitowoc at the time your Dad built the sub? I'll have to check the BJ site, interesting.

The Black one 1,300 miles sold for $50,600. The Silver 09KR0215 8,400 miles $41,800.

A 2008 Shelby GT 12,000 miles sold for $44,000?

That 2008 was the one talked about in this thread. BJ convert.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/74065-twobjshelbys-does-this-look-familiar/page__hl__%2Bbarrett+%2Bjackson__fromsearch__1

Those prices I believe include the Buyer's commission so if a bidder onsite won the auction then he paid an additional 10% on top of the hammer price, so the real hammer price is 10% less than the listed price. Which would put the 08 in the mid 40s and the 09 in the upper 30s.

The seller of the Silver KR probably would have done better on ebay. Gavel price was $38k minus probably $4k in fee's to B-J leaves a net sale of $34k

Then you have to subtract the cost of getting the car to B-J and other misc costs, that now brings the net sale down to $32k

I can't recall seeing KR's selling on ebay for that low of a price.

Steve

I watched a few hours on the speed channel. Most of the cars, at least for the first two days, were going for far less than normal. The TV commentators and even the autioneers kept saying stuff like, "Wow what a deal", "That car should normailly bring $20,000 more".

I stopped watching after the KRs went through.

Archived