TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So Thursday, 29th Mar was my birthday...

marking 5 years since I took delivery of my 2007 GT500 on my birthday! Drove my car on Thursday, adding another 100 or so miles to the 27,800 already on the odometer :shift: .

My son asks me on Friday morning to drop him off at school, so I figure I'll take the Shelby out for another drive to work and back. Anyone see where this is going???

Two blocks from the house, sitting at an intersection behind other traffic, waiting to exit the neighborhood onto the main road, sipping my coffee and chatting with my son, I get jolted out of my TGIF mood and into an instant nightmare.

The rearend collision wasn't too heavy, but did enough damage nonetheless..... gonna need a new rear bumper cover, partial 40th Anniversary silver stripe, and a new 40th Anniversary tag frame. Just hoping I can get the silver stripe from SAI.

th_IMG_9626.jpgth_IMG_9623.jpg th_IMG_9625.jpg

Next concern is do I let local Ford dealer do the work or go with a local shop?

Keith

Thankfully a slow speed impact... I tried hard not to be really mad at the poor kid -- Marcus knew him from school. Ultimately I ended up vouching for the other driver and his buddy with the school since they were late!

Guess I can say both ends of my Shelby have been "tagged". Once by me on the track and now this.

Parts are replaceable....

Well happy birthday anyway, remember the car can be fixed or replaced but not you or your son so just the fact that the two of your were not hurt should have made for a happy birthday. I also would not use the Ford dealer unless you know for a fact they have a good body shop.

Thankfully a slow speed impact... I tried hard not to be really mad at the poor kid -- Marcus knew him from school. Ultimately I ended up vouching for the other driver and his buddy with the school since they were late!

Guess I can say both ends of my Shelby have been "tagged". Once by me on the track and now this.

Parts are replaceable....

Glad to hear that you guys are ok.

At least it looks like an easy fix and you'll have it fixed well before Carlisle!

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so repairs are finally underway... Got a new rear bumper, don't believe paint will be an issue. Need to get a replacement 40th Anniversary silver stripe (lower bumper around the tag). Any recommendations? Called Shelby many times, just end up leaving mutliple messages... not even sure they'll have a replacement available. But would like to get best possible color/material match. Repair shop has gotten a stripe of some kind from Ford dealer that they say "needs to be trimmed" to match the correct size. I said NO. Any help would be appreciated. Keith

Finally spoke with someone at Shelby on the phone....then met personally with the repair shop manager, and explained to him I had confirmed with Shelby in LV they had the replacement stripe available. He agreed to order direct from them vs going through the local Ford dealer (continually said "it's not available") who I suspect never even bothered to call Shelby.

Archived