TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 GT 350 Conv.

coach

Currently have a 2012 Shelby GT350 Conv nearing complettion.

Understand the total production number for the 2012 is 350.

Does anyone know the number of convertibles being produced.

Thanks in advance

Coach

Congrats coach on the soon to be FUN. I have no clue to your answer on how many verts. But i just place my order last week for a blue one. #123500083 if that helps. How long was your turn around time?

My car was sent from Ford at the end of October, was told it would be ready late March, but for some reason there was

shortage of some parts (as told to me by one of their reps), so it will not be ready until late April.

Really looking forward to it

5 to 6 months for completion sounds about right - mine took about 6 months in main production and it's just finishing up at the Speed Shop

congrats to the you two guys - the 350s drive great!

i'll be at SAI this wednesday, and i'll see if i can get any info on actual numbers produced for 2012, but i doubt i'll be told anything

best

Pat

• 1 month later...

Currently have a 2012 Shelby GT350 Conv nearing complettion.

Understand the total production number for the 2012 is 350.

Does anyone know the number of convertibles being produced.

Thanks in advance

Coach

Correct, maximum 2012 GT350 production is limited to no more than 350 cars. We won't have 2012 production numbers until the 2012 GT350 program is closed and the last 2012 GT350 has been delivered. At that time we will be able to determine how many were convertibles.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

just got my 350 conv, beautiful, the exhaust is awesome and it appears the quality control is excellent, can't wait to

get "into" it a little bit. It is CSM 62.

Really sorry to hear of Mr. Shelby's passing

just got my 350 conv, beautiful, the exhaust is awesome and it appears the quality control is excellent, can't wait to

get "into" it a little bit. It is CSM 62.

Really sorry to hear of Mr. Shelby's passing

That's awesome! What color and options did you get?

Pics?

Been raining since I got it, but it is white with blue stripes, got the 525 super charger (chromed), interior upgrade, light bar

short throw shifter. If you have one ordered make sure to check tire pressure, mine showed up with two tires at 22 lbs and 2 tires

with 39 lbs, called tech dept and correct pressure for the 19" goodyear performance tires is 40lbs

Coach

Been raining since I got it, but it is white with blue stripes, got the 525 super charger (chromed), interior upgrade, light bar

short throw shifter. If you have one ordered make sure to check tire pressure, mine showed up with two tires at 22 lbs and 2 tires

with 39 lbs, called tech dept and correct pressure for the 19" goodyear performance tires is 40lbs

Coach

post some pics with top up and down... thx

Talked to Rich in customer service today. My car is behind 14 other gt350's. My car was dropped of last week of march. He said that they are just getting started on cars from January. Wow. The private sector is really doing well. But i have nothing to complain about, life is great. Better when i'm behind the wheel of this car!

For the record, numbers are not a closely guarded secret. We do not release numbers until after the entire order bank has been completed for the model year run. Once that happens we data log each build sheet and options. We also provide Ford Motor Company a list of VIN numbers to obtain the actual base vehicle content insuring complete accuracy when the information is sorted for actual vehicle break down.

Upon completing of obtaining and entering this data we, Shelby American, then decide how, what and when we release the information. You will see the example on the build numbers for 2011 in the appropriate thread.

Roger

• 4 weeks later...

Have 400 miles on the conv and the car is awesome, still have not really gotten into it and probably won't. The only issue was the tire

pressure, those of you just getting yours check the tire pressure frequently, I found 2 very small "bead" leaks, which activated the tire

pressure light, Took care of that and the car is a blast to drive, top up or down.Not very good tech wise but as soon as I figure it out

will post some photos.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived