TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I need to vent!!-Update

Where do I start!! We were enjoying life on the west coast living in Vancouver. We had been there for a year and a half when my wifes company offered her a big promotion and raise to move back to Edmonton Alberta. So we figure it's a good opportunity to get ahead financially. Planning to stay here for 3-5 yrs and then move back to Vancouver or maybe even another warmer place. Edmonton is a frozen sh*thole for about 6 moths out of the year. We got our affairs in order in Vancouver and moved back to Edmonton at the end of Oct 2011. We have a friend with a large house that offered us cheap rent until we found a house to buy. We basically brought 3 suitcases full of stuff and an air mattress and left our stuff in storage in Vancouver.

Right off the start things went wrong. My wifes 2010 Mustang GT suffered some minor shipping damage.....and so did the front spoiler on my GT500. One good thing was that I was able to get my old job back in Feb!!

We were excited into our new house Jan 19 2012 our first brand new house. Our stuff arrive from Vancouver and the move went pretty smooth. Our appliance arrived the next day minus the dishwasher....appears to have fallen off the truck. A week latter we get the dishwasher and have it installed. All is going ok....a few minor problems...no big deal.

March 7 some friends from out of town arrive at out place late in the afternoon. I get a call from my friend in panic mode....he had washed his hands in the main floor bathroom (house is a 2 story with basement) and proceeded to start taking a leak in the toilet when the hot water hose blew off the sink and started spraying him with hot water. Not able to get to the shut off valve (water was too hot) and not knowing where the basement was to shut off the water main....I get off the phone and call the site superintendent who in turn calls the plumber. By the time the plumber gets the hot water had been flowing for about 25 min....water was pouring into the basement and the hardwood floors, some of the trim and cabinets were wrecked!!

The plumber discovered the line was not tight enough and popped of causing the damage. The home builder holds the plumber responsible and the restoration begins. Luckily only empty boxes in the basement were wrecked and no personal belongings were destroyed. We have a dehumidifier and fan running to dry up the place....also it's winter outside -15 c. Our builder did a great job of getting the new floor in and all the other repairs completed by the following Friday....only a little over a week!!

So Saturday morning the Mrs and I head off to work....I get home just after 6 pm and go down to the basement to start bringing up the bar stools.....I hear dripping....turn on the light and see water dripping down. Once again my wife is in tears. Seems one of the workers didn't install the water line to the fridge.....water puddle in the fridge area.....floor and trim in that area....wrecked again!!!

So here we go again...dry the place out. They attemp a repair of the floor but do a terrible job...even missed a couple boards that had water damage.

To top it off the next day we find out my mother in law's cancer has returned to the brain and liver (she's fought though breast cancer twice in the last 4 yrs) and the following day a longtime friend (and Shelby GT owner) calls me to tell me his wife has breast cancer and has to start aggressive treatment. I'm left stunned and speachless!!!

Today they were scheduled to repair the messed up floor...the installer was missing in action and didn't show!!! Three + weeks of living in a dissaster zone plus all the other drama is too much!! My wife is a mess and having health issues from the stress. She gets severe anxiety when she approaches our house on her way home from work and her doctor perscribed a sedative so she can get some sleep. So that's my life in a nutshell. At least I'm still kinda healthy (I think). The cancer battles my loved ones are facing makes our house drama rather insignificant in the larger scope of things. It's pretty hard to put into words all we're going through now....but I'm sure it will all work out in the end. I always try to look on the bright side of things. I've had a pretty awesome life so far and won't let this get me down.

The weather is warming up and the street sweepers are out, so I hope to get the GT500 out for a blast soon!!

Thanks for listening.

I am so sorry to hear of all those horrible problems. I think this site is really nice so people can communicate even if they don't know each other on a personal bases. Prayers for you and yours.

Where do I start!! We were enjoying life on the west coast living in Vancouver. We had been there for a year and a half when my wifes company offered her a big promotion and raise to move back to Edmonton Alberta. So we figure it's a good opportunity to get ahead financially. Planning to stay here for 3-5 yrs and then move back to Vancouver or maybe even another warmer place. Edmonton is a frozen sh*thole for about 6 moths out of the year. We got our affairs in order in Vancouver and moved back to Edmonton at the end of Oct 2011. We have a friend with a large house that offered us cheap rent until we found a house to buy. We basically brought 3 suitcases full of stuff and an air mattress and left our stuff in storage in Vancouver.

Right off the start things went wrong. My wifes 2010 Mustang GT suffered some minor shipping damage.....and so did the front spoiler on my GT500. One good thing was that I was able to get my old job back in Feb!!

We were excited into our new house Jan 19 2012 our first brand new house. Our stuff arrive from Vancouver and the move went pretty smooth. Our appliance arrived the next day minus the dishwasher....appears to have fallen off the truck. A week latter we get the dishwasher and have it installed. All is going ok....a few minor problems...no big deal.

March 7 some friends from out of town arrive at out place late in the afternoon. I get a call from my friend in panic mode....he had washed his hands in the main floor bathroom (house is a 2 story with basement) and proceeded to start taking a leak in the toilet when the hot water hose blew off the sink and started spraying him with hot water. Not able to get to the shut off valve (water was too hot) and not knowing where the basement was to shut off the water main....I get off the phone and call the site superintendent who in turn calls the plumber. By the time the plumber gets the hot water had been flowing for about 25 min....water was pouring into the basement and the hardwood floors, some of the trim and cabinets were wrecked!!

The plumber discovered the line was not tight enough and popped of causing the damage. The home builder holds the plumber responsible and the restoration begins. Luckily only empty boxes in the basement were wrecked and no personal belongings were destroyed. We have a dehumidifier and fan running to dry up the place....also it's winter outside -15 c. Our builder did a great job of getting the new floor in and all the other repairs completed by the following Friday....only a little over a week!!

So Saturday morning the Mrs and I head off to work....I get home just after 6 pm and go down to the basement to start bringing up the bar stools.....I hear dripping....turn on the light and see water dripping down. Once again my wife is in tears. Seems one of the workers didn't install the water line to the fridge.....water puddle in the fridge area.....floor and trim in that area....wrecked again!!!

So here we go again...dry the place out. They attemp a repair of the floor but do a terrible job...even missed a couple boards that had water damage.

To top it off the next day we find out my mother in law's cancer has returned to the brain and liver (she's fought though breast cancer twice in the last 4 yrs) and the following day a longtime friend (and Shelby GT owner) calls me to tell me his wife has breast cancer and has to start aggressive treatment. I'm left stunned and speachless!!!

Today they were scheduled to repair the messed up floor...the installer was missing in action and didn't show!!! Three + weeks of living in a dissaster zone plus all the other drama is too much!! My wife is a mess and having health issues from the stress. She gets severe anxiety when she approaches our house on her way home from work and her doctor perscribed a sedative so she can get some sleep. So that's my life in a nutshell. At least I'm still kinda healthy (I think). The cancer battles my loved ones are facing makes our house drama rather insignificant in the larger scope of things. It's pretty hard to put into words all we're going through now....but I'm sure it will all work out in the end. I always try to look on the bright side of things. I've had a pretty awesome life so far and won't let this get me down.

The weather is warming up and the street sweepers are out, so I hope to get the GT500 out for a blast soon!!

Thanks for listening.

Hey sorry to hear about your Mother-in-Law and friends cancer...It was a run of bad luck for sure with your house and car but thats

just material things and can be fixed...Sounds like you and wife are fairly young.. Crap will happen in life but if you have your health

and each other the rest can be delt with...Good luck to you both and all the best to your Ma-in-law and friends wife.

I am so sorry to hear of all those horrible problems. I think this site is really nice so people can communicate even if they don't know each other on a personal bases. Prayers for you and yours.

+1

Keep your focus to the issues at hand daily. I'm sure things will start going your way soon.

Thoughts are with you and hope that all works out with the house issues - sorry that all these problems are compounded with the health issues surrounding you both (has to be extremely hard on your wife - so sorry for her) - prayers go out to you both, your Mother in law and your friends wife.

Thanks for all the kind words and support!!

We have a meeting with our home builders owner in the morning. They have been trying pretty hard to get things back to normal at our house....just a series of unfortunate events keep creating set backs. At least they are doing their part to help us out.

My father in law and mother in law had a cruise booked before she got the bad news....they are on the cruise now and get back Saturday. She's a strong woman and a fighter. You gotta live life to it's fullest and cherish every moment!!

I feel for you but roll with the punches other wise you may be a room mate with me at my favorite nut ward, Make sure you don't get mold under the new floors,

Good luck

Thanks man I'll do my best to stay sane!! We dried the house out good before and after the hardwood was pulled and they had a wax paper barrier between the hardwood and sub floor so no water got though to the sub floor, they also replaced the insulation in the basement that got wet, plus a heavy duty dehumidifier was running for 5 days. Mold won't be a issue.

Hey sorry to hear about your Mother-in-Law and friends cancer...It was a run of bad luck for sure with your house and car but thats

just material things and can be fixed...Sounds like you and wife are fairly young.. Crap will happen in life but if you have your health

and each other the rest can be delt with...Good luck to you both and all the best to your Ma-in-law and friends wife.

Thanks. I'm kinda oldish, 49 in a few months although I usually get pegged for about 35. But the Mrs is only 37. I see you're in Nova Scotia...I have some good friends out that way. I think we might plan a trip out there next summer.

Me and the Mrs at Christmas.

395965_10150600552000469_659030468_11373704_1128400217_n.jpg

Thanks. I'm kinda oldish, 49 in a few months although I usually get pegged for about 35. But the Mrs is only 37. I see you're in Nova Scotia...I have some good friends out that way. I think we might plan a trip out there next summer.

Me and the Mrs at Christmas.

395965_10150600552000469_659030468_11373704_1128400217_n.jpg

What part of NS are your friends at ?...If you guys make it this way PM me and we can try and meet up...Would be nice.

Thank you for sharing. It is always good to share our experiences.

We All learn and grow through each others struggles and success's.

With Hope, Faith and Perseverance we can face and work through

painful experience's and dark time's in our life's.

Eventually we All emerge from these 'Life challenges' 'learning something'

and as a result we become better more capable people. Giving to and helping others.

We realize who our real friends are and how much our loved ones mean to us.

God Bless you. Take care of each other.

No matter how Great the Challenge's and Struggle's we face,

"Each day we are Vertical is a Blessing".

(to quote a beloved friend and member of this 'Site')

Keep the Faith and Thank you for sharing.

:salute:

Today a good friend sent me a devotional message that I want to share with you.

Be Prepared

Just as her friends were doing, my daughter Melissa was busily preparing for adulthood. At school, she was getting ready for college by taking the right courses and had signed up for the ACT college entrance test.

Outside of class, Melissa was learning the socialization skills it takes to get along with people by spending time with friends, classmates, and teammates. At her job, she was learning the relational skills needed for a future career of work. At home, Mell was preparing for future family life by experiencing the way a Christian family would interact.

Getting ready for life as an adult takes work, and Melissa was making good progress.

But none of that preparation was what she would need. In 2002, when she died in a car accident at age 17, the only preparation that mattered was her readiness for heaven.

When the truest test of preparedness came so suddenly on that beautiful June evening—when eternity’s door opened for Melissa—she was prepared. She had put her faith in Jesus and trusted His sacrifice on the cross for her sins (John 3:16; Rom. 5:8-9).

When she faced the ultimate test of being prepared, Melissa was ready. Are you?

God’s time is now, for the days fly fast,

And swiftly the seasons roll;

Today is yours, it may be your last;

Choose life for your priceless soul! —Fithian

If death comes today, will you be prepared to meet God?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update time:

The house issues are pretty much sorted out. But that is of little concern at this point in time.

My friends wife is responding well to her cancer treatment and it's looking good for her at the moment.

My mother in law is still hanging in and fighting her cancer with every ounce of strength she has. But she is getting weaker and showing deterioration in general overall health.

My wife had a ultrasound to determine why she was having abdominal pains...turns out it's irritable bowel syndrome. The ultrasound also revealed a small growth 1.4 cm in diameter (about the size of a pea) in one of her kidneys, so a MRI was booked for confirmation of what the doctor suspected. The MRI confirmed it's a stage 1 renal carcinoma (kidney cancer). Cancer is never good. But at least we found it in a very early state and is contained in the kidney and has not spread at all. My wife has the option of having the kidney removed or closely monitoring the growth for change. She leaning toward monitoring it for now.

The Mrs has decided she will not compete a the National Figure/Fitness competition this year as a competition training/diet regime would just be to hard on her right now. But she's pretty disappointed to not be competing.

And finally a good friend's 12 yr old daughter was killed in a ATV accident last weekend.I cannot imagine what they are going through. We attended her funeral on Saturday and it was heart breaking see 12 yr olds pay tribute to their lost friend. My friend Dan and his wife were in town from Nova Scotia for the funeral (the girl was his niece) and they were just at his father in laws funeral 2 days before their niece's funeral.

Still looking at the positive side of things and enjoying life. We went out to the drag strip Friday night and I flogged the Mrs car while she got it on video. 3 weeks ago I organized a Sunday after supper coffee and cruise which has been fun, 4 cars the first event, 25 the second and 15 last night. We took our friends from Nova Scotia with us to the event and everyone had a good time. Heading home after the event my wife in her 2010 GT convertible laid a smackdown to me in my GT500!! I pulled on her off the light but when I hit second and broke loose badly the traction control kicked in hard and she blew past me.....that put a pretty big grin on her beautiful face.

Hanging out with good friends and family make things much easier. I'm pretty lucky to have a great core group of friends.

...and after work today I head out to the parking lot behind the store and find a nice dent, paint gouge above the drivers side rear wheel, right on the crease!! Then my co-worker gets rear ended on his way home from work (he's ok, just a little sore).....and then when I get home my wife tells me her brother and his wife a splitting up!! Great day...I need to start writing country music...my life would make a good country song.

...and after work today I head out to the parking lot behind the store and find a nice dent, paint gouge above the drivers side rear wheel, right on the crease!! Then my co-worker gets rear ended on his way home from work (he's ok, just a little sore).....and then when I get home my wife tells me her brother and his wife a splitting up!! Great day...I need to start writing country music...my life would make a good country song.

Holy crap C yeah you could wright a song for sure...so sorry to hear about the little 12 year old..all the best to you and your family.

you are very lucky to have great friends...Again I will ask where in NS are your friends from ?

Good luck and take care.

Holy crap C yeah you could wright a song for sure...so sorry to hear about the little 12 year old..all the best to you and your family.

you are very lucky to have great friends...Again I will ask where in NS are your friends from ?

Good luck and take care.

Thanks. My friends are in the Halifax area.

Thanks. My friends are in the Halifax area.

Gotcha thanks..my son lives in the Halifax area also..I live about 3 1/2 hours from there in Cape Breton but am in the Hfx area

quite often so if you're around anytime soon fire me off a PM maybe we can meet up..Later bud take care.

Update time:

Wow...I really don't know what to say about all the bad things that have been happening to you Cdvision. I have been through a few periods of my life like that as well. Nothing quite to the extent that you're experiencing all at once. But, every morning I would wake up and wonder what "bad thing" would happen to me today.

Feel free to drop a PM at any time to me if you need to vent or talk out some things. It's remarkable that you are able to still look at the good things that are in your life. Hope the bad things leave you alone soon and go annoy some person that actually deserves the pain that it all causes.

Dang...that stinks about your car...my car has taken some abuse as well in being a daily driver...I just live with the scratches, gouges (one down to the metal) and minor dings, etc. As long as it's just the exterior panels...it can be fixed at any time. I look at it that way. I might get them repaired down the road if I feel like it.

Take care my friend!

• 8 months later...

Well time for an update!!

My mother-in-law lost her battle with cancer at the end of August.

My wife had arthroscopic surgery to remove part of her left kidney(had a growth in it) 4 days after her moms funeral. Her surgery went very good. It took about 40 min less than normal due to her excellent overall physical condition. The surgeon commented that it was a privilege to operate on such a healthy person. The growth in her kidney was benign, but better to get it out now while she's young and healthy. She's 100% now and back in the gym training for Nationals in August.

My friends wife is recovering well from her breast cancer and started back to work in January.

The Mrs and I have decided to move back to Vancouver this summer as we miss the coast, our friends out there and the more temperate climate. The Mrs got her work transfer approved and I might go sell cars at the Ford dealer that I bought my GT500 at.

Winter here in Alberta has been brutal the GT500 hasn't seen the streets since mid Oct. The roads here are a pothole filled mess and the snow probably won't be gone until mid April.

This year is full of exciting challenges and new beginnings.

The 3 month moving countdown has begun!!! It's going to be an amazing year!!

Cdvision,

Welcome back to Team Shelby! It's been awhile. My condolences on the passing of your MIL, but it's great news to hear your spouse is well and back into her competition routine.

Congrats on your decision to return to BC where the weather is indeed more hospitable. A gig at your local Ford dealer sounds like a good employment plan. You'll have a captive western Canada - PNW TS base of potential customers!

Good luck with the move in a few short months. Can't wait to see some more of the great photography you've posted before...

Archived