TEAM SHELBY FORUM

nt05r

softy

I have a set of them on my GT-500 Super Snake and love them. Lock up very well, stoped the 2d gear tire spin. Highly recommend on dry pavement only. Suck in the rain or wet roads.

Not looking for daily use, but weekend spirited driving, and trying to decide on the 555r nt05r as well.

You don't want to get caught in the rain with the NT05rs. The 555rs work better for street use, althought not great in rain either, and the NT05r are best suited for the drag strip in my opinion. As far as handled goes, driving to and from on the NT05rs, it was much better than I expected (I run stock size on stock wheel).........couldn't really tell a difference from the GoodYears in highway driving. I suspect the 555rs would handle very similarly.

How do they handle cornering? I know they're a drag radial, but in a 315/35/20, with the short sidewall, I was wondering if they could handle some aggressive corners.

If you want cornering get the NT05 (no "R") or the NT555 R II or the NT01.

• 1 month later...

i just put on a set of nitto 05r and i ran them for the first time i was dissapointed i left at 3500 rpm with trak control off and it went into wheel hop so bad i had to lif and feather it the short times were 2201 thats after a 2nd gear burn out to get them hot . with 20 lbs of tire pressure . then i tried 17 lbs of tire pressure withe a dry hop burn out with the trak control on sport mode the same thing except the trak control cut the throttle and it still had a2001 short time a little better but that still sucks . any suggestions on how to get this pig to launch better . it only has a pulley change and a tune it might be a little over 600 hp at the crank its a 2010 m.y. it ran 116 mph that should be good for an high 11 sec pass.

Archived