TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Look like I'll be joining in your forum area soon!

JeffIsHereToo

Greg...don't make me feel bad...NOT YET. I've never before shed a tear over a car! FML! Why can't a be rich and have both!

Congrats Jeff. the car looks beautiful !!! I sold three of my four Shelby's and it was hard each time. But just like you I am going to feel alot better when my 2013 School Bus Yellow (aka) Grabber Orange Boss Laguna Seca arrives at my local dealer on Tuesday.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you will win the Mega millions tonight and you can buy the cae back

I already have an agreement in place with the buyers of most of my past cars that they will sell them back to me 1st. B)

Guys...don't think I hadn't thought of that...well not so much winning the lotto, but buying the car back one day. Scotty you're right and I can't wait to see the yellow. They really did some great colors this year and I really like the paint scheme and stripes on the 2013. Of course the "Shelby like" front end looks really nice too!

That's awesome Jeff. Congrats....all of this Boss talk is getting me worked up...

Tom

Step away from the computer!

;-)

Actually I see you have a silver/blue KR...THAT is my all-time favorite car! That car is beautiful! The closet I got was my die cast...that Henry Ford the III signed at the 2008 Dearborn event.

;-)

Actually I see you have a silver/blue KR...THAT is my all-time favorite car! That car is beautiful! The closet I got was my die cast...that Henry Ford the III signed at the 2008 Dearborn event.

There is a 2008 Silver w/Blue KR sitting in my local Ford dealer right now... Asking right around $50K... Think it has less than 1,000 miles on it... Just sayin'

Nice car Jeff. Super nice !

What are you going to do with all your old trophy's? how many do you have ?

I'm putting together a box for the new owner. I may hold some stuff back and wait to see if they pop up here. Stripes has 37 trophy's! :-) But hasn't been in a car show "to win" in over a year and even then counting the bash it's been three. His days are past...retired. I can see him coming out of retirement with a vengeance in say 10-15 years. Love to stumble on it then!

;-)

Thanx Jeff, you may have seen it live, it was the battle tested KR, which won an award at the Bash car show! No garage queen here...

There is a 2008 Silver w/Blue KR sitting in my local Ford dealer right now... Asking right around $50K... Think it has less than 1,000 miles on it... Just sayin'

Thats a great price!

I don't need no stinking KR :hysterical: ....I have a awesome GT500. happy%20feet.gif

B)

just sayin.

See top reply! :worship: ...just sayin' B)

There is something about a new car and all the excitement. Enjoy, you can't take it with you. GG

We have had 7.5 inches of rain this month....and the next week it continues. So my car sill sets in the garage under a cover in a winterized mode. I winterized it on 10/8/11 and have not driven it since that day. 6 months of sitting and when I turn the insurance back on and start driving it again....it will seem just like a new car to me. All that excitement will be experienced again. During the winter I usually add a mod of some sort to the car and do some major detailing. This year I added a smaller pulley to the blower and some cool fender wings. Those type of activities help me wait for the Spring to arrive. The Shelby Bash also gave me a temporary "Shelby fix" to help me wait. My car turned 5 years new on March 5th and I still have no desire whatsoever to trade mine or sign up for more payments. That's just me.

Here are the 2 mods I added this winter:

th_030-1.jpg

th_003-5.jpg

Sorry, it's $51,651... But only has 367 miles on it...

http://www.louisburgford.com/2008-Ford-Shelby-GT500-Kansas-City-KS/vd/9384269

54253584.jpg

I bet the power difference and handling is much different. Did you have a big grin on your face ?

I didn't want to believe it but it's such a different car. Truly night and day. 319hp to 444hp makes a huge difference and the sound. I don't even have the Track Key installed yet! That gets done on Tuesday and the restrictor plate removed. I can't wait to see the difference with the Track Key.

It occurred to me after going back and reading all the comments from your forum friends, you must have to some extent be torn between trading your Shelby and buying the Boss. I like the new body style too. Good choice.

When you get some time send/post some pics from Northern Arkansas of your car. Try the London Pub on the Riverwalk in LR when you go in for your track key.

Watch out for those white chargers with blue stripes on your way home.............. GG

It occurred to me after going back and reading all the comments from your forum friends, you must have to some extent be torn between trading your Shelby and buying the Boss. I like the new body style too. Good choice.

When you get some time send/post some pics from Northern Arkansas of your car. Try the London Pub on the Riverwalk in LR when you go in for your track key.

Watch out for those white chargers with blue stripes on your way home.............. GG

;-)

Archived