TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hobbys of a GT-H owner

485hp

I not only enjoy to use my two Hertz Shelbys but also like to drive with a Cobra replica on weekdays and love to race with a Shelby Cobra replica (Basis FF) race car on weekends.

The Race-Cobra is equipped with a 7.000 ccm and 650 hp strong engine and a 4-gear G-Force racing transmission. Top speed was measured with 289 km/h which is ~ 180 mph.

Finally I finished (way to late L) my own youtube-side. If you look at youtube.com/historicracing427 you can see videos of my first year racing. There is one round of all race-circuits we raced (just Monza is not perfect as I had big problems with my gears. I couldn´t shift and drove only in 4th gear) and also two videos with either impressions of racing or accidents in front of me (or including me).

If you like them that’s great. If not, my driving and the lap-times will improve. So come back a little bit later as the season is starting very soon.

Best regards

Udo

post-19110-0-46604400-1332792112_thumb.jpg

post-19110-0-47368500-1332792125_thumb.jpg

post-19110-0-46604400-1332792112_thumb.jpg

post-19110-0-47368500-1332792125_thumb.jpg

I not only enjoy to use my two Hertz Shelbys but also like to drive with a Cobra replica on weekdays and love to race with a Shelby Cobra replica (Basis FF) race car on weekends.

The Race-Cobra is equipped with a 7.000 ccm and 650 hp strong engine and a 4-gear G-Force racing transmission. Top speed was measured with 289 km/h which is ~ 180 mph.

Finally I finished (way to late L) my own youtube-side. If you look at youtube.com/historicracing427 you can see videos of my first year racing. There is one round of all race-circuits we raced (just Monza is not perfect as I had big problems with my gears. I couldn´t shift and drove only in 4th gear) and also two videos with either impressions of racing or accidents in front of me (or including me).

If you like them that’s great. If not, my driving and the lap-times will improve. So come back a little bit later as the season is starting very soon.

Best regards

Udo

Very, very nice Udo! That would be amazing to have a Cobra like that to get out on the track. I want to get back into road racing and track events some time, but time limits that for now. I do currently hold a track record at a small track in Aspen, Colorado which was called Woody Creek raceway. I then raced a 1986 Mustang GT in the SCCA AS class. Actual racing I do now, is pretty much 1/4 mile drag racing with my GT-H at Club events here in Colorado. I do however as a part time job, hobby, work for the Nascar road race series called Grand Am, both Rolex and Continental Challenge series. I'm a technical and pit lane official for that series and actually get paid to travel around and play with race cars. That is a very fun side job! Just about all my hobbies include working on cars or doing events with cars. My wife has her single horse power (4 legged) hobbies where I need lots of horse power!!

Archived