TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby/Baer Extreme rear brakes with KR wheels?

Rag Top Day

No they do not fit, Just bought a set of GT500-KR wheels and tires and went to mount them and the caliper mounting bolts just barely hit the rim on the rears. Guess I could grind off the extra end of the bolt but do not really want to do it. Oh well now I have an extra set of KR wheels and tires:(

I am not running this setup on the rear, but I could swear I have read other TS members who have your same combination. I will do some research tonight at home and if I find anything I forward it onto you.

I am not running this setup on the rear, but I could swear I have read other TS members who have your same combination. I will do some research tonight at home and if I find anything I forward it onto you.

Thanks for the help. I know there is enough threads there that I could grind it down and clean up the treads with a chase but do not feel like going down that path.

I'm sure I can sell these KR wheels and keep looking.

Rag Top Day, I'm having difficulty locating the specific TS member but someone else out there might be of more help. The guy I am thinking that is running the Extremes along with the KR wheels has the Vista Blue SGT that he regularly tracks. He is a frequent poster and it is driving me crazy that I can't figure out his TS name. On another note, what if you just utilized a shorter length bolt that would allow you adequate clearance between it and the rim? Also, is the clearance an issue on both sides? Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Rag Top Day, I'm having difficulty locating the specific TS member but someone else out there might be of more help. The guy I am thinking that is running the Extremes along with the KR wheels has the Vista Blue SGT that he regularly tracks. He is a frequent poster and it is driving me crazy that I can't figure out his TS name. On another note, what if you just utilized a shorter length bolt that would allow you adequate clearance between it and the rim? Also, is the clearance an issue on both sides? Sorry I couldn't be more help.

You are right I could possibly get a 1/8" - 1/4" shorter bolt but not to sure about not having that little bit of extra material after the nut would be safe. I did not try the wheel on the passenger side yesterday. I will do some more playing around and check that side today. To frustrated yesterday and thought I would take a fresh look today.

What a bummer. Supposedly ALL the new Shelby wheels are to work with the big brake Shelby/Baer extremes.

It is part of the KR upfit package.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/49342-kr-upfit-package/

FYI, my stock 08 wheels fit all around .... and yes, it is a very tight fit.

Help! Did a search and can't seem to find out if the Shelby/ Baer Extreme brakes fit the GT500 Kr wheel. I know some one out there must know. Thanks

Well, I would'a said yes to both Fr. & Rr. but after reading....

I have the KR wheels on my 2010 with the Shelby Baer front Extremes and Eradispeed rears, with a set of rear Extreme's sitting in boxes waiting to be mounted. I was told PRIOR to buying the rears that they do indeed fit.

I guess I shall see in a couple of days, if the weather continues to permit me to work on my car.

Phill

What a bummer. Supposedly ALL the new Shelby wheels are to work with the big brake Shelby/Baer extremes.

It is part of the KR upfit package.

http://www.teamshelb...-upfit-package/

FYI, my stock 08 wheels fit all around .... and yes, it is a very tight fit.

Yes the Shelby/Baer Extreme fit fine with the stock GT500 wheels.

DSC_7518.jpg

DSC_7519.jpg

Just the rears cause a problem with these big brakes. The SVT Performance pac 20's hit the spokes and the GT500 KR's hit the caliper mounting bolt.

When I installed the Baer Extreme brakes on my 08 KR I was no longer able to get the wheels to fit. The calipers barely hit the wheels, but I felt it was enough to possibly cause damage. I would not Buy KR wheels if you intend to use big brakes. I know Shelby offers this upgrade uses this in their KR upgrade package. It did not work for me. I now have the 20" Alcoa's on my car.

Rag Top Day did you ever try the Ford Racing SVTPP Type 10" x 19" wheels on the rear w/extremes?

Yes the 19x10 SVTPP wheels clear the Shelby/Baer Extreme in the rear and they clear the front brakes also although they are a bit to close to the struts for my liking. the 19x9.5 fit the front great.

Picture of 19x10 on rear

DSC_9959.jpg

DSC_9960.jpg

This is how close the SVTPP wheel is to the front strut

DSC_9972.jpg

Should have bought the 19 x 9.5 SVTPP wheels when I had the chance but things just went south. Wish I could have gotten them as the car looked really great with those wheels on it. Oh well maybe someday I will find a set of SVTPP 19x9.5's

Picture1.png

Archived