TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone still on the fence for the Dash Plaque?

drlovegun

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Me too. Just one more thing that makes my wife wonder why she married me. :hysterical:

I thought I was the only one that wierd. My wife thinks it's very strange, and I memorized the VIN for our '67 too, both the Shelby VIN and the Ford VIN. The guy I bought the car from thought it was very odd too, he needed the VIN for something so I rattled it off to him and he just looked at me and shook his head!

I thought I was the only one that wierd. My wife thinks it's very strange, and I memorized the VIN for our '67 too, both the Shelby VIN and the Ford VIN. The guy I bought the car from thought it was very odd too, he needed the VIN for something so I rattled it off to him and he just looked at me and shook his head!

Same here!

Despite the strange reactions you get,

Knowing the VIn# from my 67 has shown to be of some value,

I find it useful as an indicator to gauge whether I'm getting old and forgetful.

If I have forgotten something and I can still recite my Vin#, then

whatever I forgot is very likey something not worth remembering.

Or.....I just don't give a crap about it.

I have a co-worker that knows my vin # also. It's kind of weird, but a good thing if I should need it at work. I have a hard enough time trying to remember my plate #'s.

I recommend getting him to sign anything except the following:

Tread on the tires

clutch

gasoline in the tank (or any fluid for that matter)

And if he uses water based paint to sign, avoid any exterior surface

Actually, how about the about the back of one of the front seats? :shrug: Or perhaps the back of the inside mirror, then you could see it from outside the car.

Dave

Carroll Signed my shirt. I didn't have my car. Maybe next year :happy feet:

post-6683-1176552035_thumb.jpgpost-6683-1176552062_thumb.jpg

I'm still waiting for my DASH PLAQUE

post-6683-1176552035_thumb.jpg

post-6683-1176552062_thumb.jpg

That's COOL :hyper: lwellmaker

I would have it Ironed & put it in a shadow box to be hung on the wall.

What a cool item to have :yup:

Thanks

Thats a great idea, I think I'll have to do that

just one of the many perks I got with that job. Next year I hope to get my car there for him to sign

you can be sure I'll have my :censored: camera this time too.

• 1 month later...

Archived