TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 GT500 Invoice Pricing PDF

bpmurr

I have kept my mouth shut for a week in this thread, but I can't take it anymore. I do high tech sales for a living and I would never dream of saying half the shit Manny does to prospective customers.

Am I the only one that finds his comments out of line in this customer focused forum?

He doesn't like informed customers:

"Y would you post that info?? seriously!"

He likes to brag about how much he is making on each sale while letting us know about how good of deal he got personally:

"I've sold 12 of the 13's so far. We sold our repeat customers at MSRP per loyalty. Others only a few grand over not much. I have the largest allocation in the country still have room for more. Will sell at msrp towards the end of the build cycle. I bought mine for invoice less holdback! lol! I got a pretty good deal! "

He wants to let us know that he will continue to screw us until he no longer can and then he may sell the car at a fair price:

"lol! we could sell them at x a or d plan if we wanted too. But we won't do that yet. If you find a dealer willing to sell them that cheap let me know so we can buy all of their inventory and bring it to vegas. Thanks"

Hey whatever I guess, but it would be a cold day in hell before I bought anything from him.

hey man! that's your choice. We are not screwing anyone! I've been here for 12 years and our store has been in business for 79 years. We are not in business because we screw ppl. I have a huge client base all over the country and trust me they have the option of buying from anyone they want. I sell them Shelby's because I provide the best customer service and overall best price compared to their local dealer. If you don't buy from me it won't hurt my feelings that's your choice. This is a forum right?? I guess you can say what you want?? Don't take anything personal. I don't, and I'm not here to disrespect you or anyone else!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1 I've never dealt with him personally but there is something that rubs me the wrong way about it all.

guys, Please have a sense of humor! You guys take everything here so personal. Relax.

Wasn't Gaudin Ford the one that had the service tech who went out joy-riding in a forum-members ride a couple years back?

I think the guy is personally trying to make people think they're getting a deal on MSRP to line his own pockets. You'd really have to have money to burn if you paid MSRP on these cars, anyone who spends a few hours of their time calling around with a firm offer will get a dealer to take their reasonable offer UNDER MSRP. When I was shopping around in late April of 2010 I had 3 dealers accept my offer of $3500 off MSRP. One was a forum member here in Wisconsin, one was Brondes Ford in Toledo and the other was Al Spitzer Ford in Cuyahoga falls Ohio. I ended up going with Brondes in the end. Don't believe these Sales people who tell you guys you're getting a deal at MSRP. I still feel bad for only getting $3500 off mine.

I did here about that but it wasn't us. There was another topic in the forums in which that guy that did it was getting bashed by other members about it. I think it turned into a big cyber fight on the forums. lol! got pretty nasty! He ended up taking down from YOUTUBE

I was writing some comments on this back and forth stuff, but decided to delete everything.

Bottom line, I didn't see anyone taking anything personally.

Depends how and who you want to do business with and how you feel about that person's ethics.

Enough said.

Fellas-

i'm brand new to the Shelby Forum. I met Manny a year ago at the NY Auto Show, when i decided to order a 2012 GT350.

manny's pricing on the base GT vert was very fair. and, without him and Frankie M. from the Shelby Speed Shop, the 7 month wait for the base car to be built by Shelby would have been unbearable.

everything he said he would do, he did. reliable. honest.

he and Frankie earned my trust. as for everyone else, shop for your best deal on a car the comes right from Ford. but remember - when you live across the country from Las Vegas and you have plenty of $$$ sitting there for months in the form of a car being converted (either to a GT350, a Super Snake, or some other Shelby), having a guy like Manny there to keep you up to date, and calm, is worth a pretty penny!

thanks

Pat

I like that he "deals directly with Shelby" which means jack squat when it comes to selling GT500's and dealer allocation.

Oh, but it does when it comes to selling genuine "SUPER SNAKE" parts on ebay as seller gt500kr08 (mgalvan). In the last 6 months I've witnessed 5 or 6 sets of "Super Snake" center caps sold that use the same selling pitch that he parted out his 12 Super Snake. Among other "Super Snake" items: 3 or 4 faux gas caps; 6 or more sets of GT500, Super Snake wings for the cobra emblem on the grill and fenders; head rest covers and the list goes on. Yet a Super Snake owner must return a damaged part to obtain the limited, exclusive, genuine and coveted part that came from a $35000 Super Snake Package? Just sayin....

Oh, but it does when it comes to selling genuine "SUPER SNAKE" parts on ebay as seller gt500kr08 (mgalvan). In the last 6 months I've witnessed 5 or 6 sets of "Super Snake" center caps sold that use the same selling pitch that he parted out his 12 Super Snake. Among other "Super Snake" items: 3 or 4 faux gas caps; 6 or more sets of GT500, Super Snake wings for the cobra emblem on the grill and fenders; head rest covers and the list goes on. Yet a Super Snake owner must return a damaged part to obtain the limited, exclusive, genuine and coveted part that came from a $35000 Super Snake Package? Just sayin....

Very interesting.

If gt500kr08 really is Manny Galvin, he's selling a lot of "Restricted Items" to the general public. Items you can't get from Ford or Shelby such as KR mirror caps, Super Snake cobra wings, Super Snake center caps, etc.

He (gt500kr08) also has a set of Shelby/Baer front brakes up for auction for WAYYYYYY over what Shelby sells them for ($3100, if I remember correctly)!

Is Shelby American is standing behind someone selling restricted items to the public???

Just ASKIN'!

Phill

Very interesting.

If gt500kr08 really is Manny Galvin, he's selling a lot of "Restricted Items" to the general public. Items you can't get from Ford or Shelby such as KR mirror caps, Super Snake cobra wings, Super Snake center caps, etc.

He (gt500kr08) also has a set of Shelby/Baer front brakes up for auction for WAYYYYYY over what Shelby sells them for ($3100, if I remember correctly)!

Is Shelby American is standing behind someone selling restricted items to the public???

Just ASKIN'!

Phill

I still have a receipt linking gt500kr08 to mgalvan from ebay.

Wow this is getting serious. I'm glad I'm dealing with a dealer out of North Carolina. Just sayin

Just imagine if Mike Wallace showed up with his 60 Minutes crew... "What did they know and when did they know it" ???

I thought it appropriate to respond in the forum regarding the questions surrounding parts listed on ebay. an important part of my relationship with ALL of my customers , is taking care of my customer concerns. I have sold many parts at the customer's request. I have also sold many components of their returned take off parts. I do realize the super snake parts are part of their conversions and should not be listed. In hindsight I have been trying to accommodate my customer needs and have reevaluated this position. I have since notified my customer base, in this situation, communicating the implications this service has had in the shelby community. They will be required to list and post them for sale. My customer request to provide additional modifications to their vehicles, after conversion are endless. Everyone has their own vision on how their dream shelby should look. While i reinforce the value of keeping the vehicle as converted, my ultimate goal is to make sure my customers are completely satisfied. Shelby American has changed their policy on take-off parts as of January 1, 2012, I should have very few request moving forward. I understand and value the Shelby brand and have removed all parts associated with my client base and have deferred them to contact Shelby regarding any take off parts.

Manny

I thought it appropriate to respond in the forum regarding the questions surrounding parts listed on ebay. an important part of my relationship with ALL of my customers , is taking care of my customer concerns. I have sold many parts at the customer's request. I have also sold many components of their returned take off parts. I do realize the super snake parts are part of their conversions and should not be listed. In hindsight I have been trying to accommodate my customer needs and have reevaluated this position. I have since notified my customer base, in this situation, communicating the implications this service has had in the shelby community. They will be required to list and post them for sale. My customer request to provide additional modifications to their vehicles, after conversion are endless. Everyone has their own vision on how their dream shelby should look. While i reinforce the value of keeping the vehicle as converted, my ultimate goal is to make sure my customers are completely satisfied. Shelby American has changed their policy on take-off parts as of January 1, 2012, I should have very few request moving forward. I understand and value the Shelby brand and have removed all parts associated with my client base and have deferred them to contact Shelby regarding any take off parts.

Manny

Dude!

KR Mirror Caps, STILL IN THE ORIGINAL PACKAGE are NOT "Take off parts"!

Who are you trying to bullshit?

Phill

Dude!

Phill

Phil, the fact of the matter is that they are taken down from my site. I have no need to get involved with that any longer. If the customer wants to do the listing for them on their own that's their discretion. Obviously they have to go through certain permissions to re list them and or sell them anywhere on the internet. I've advised them that they will more than likely be flagged and taken down if they don't follow proper procedures. As I mentioned before I'm no longer involved with helping customers in those matters.

Dude!

Phill

He's no longer involved because he got caught doing something he shouldn't be doing, just sayin. Hope someone at Shelby read all this because it made me shake my head. And I call BS on 30 GT500 allocation, please post your allocation numbers from your rep on here as you are allowed to show that. #1 Dealer in the Southeast and we were only allocated 5 out of the gate.

He's no longer involved because he got caught doing something he shouldn't be doing, just sayin. Hope someone at Shelby read all this because it made me shake my head. And I call BS on 30 GT500 allocation, please post your allocation numbers from your rep on here as you are allowed to show that. #1 Dealer in the Southeast and we were only allocated 5 out of the gate.

Glad you're the number 1 dealer in your area good for you guys. I'm not posting anything on here for you guys to take it any further. I'm sure that info is availble to you from Ford. You are welcome to it. Thanks

+10000000000

Very interesting.

Just ASKIN'!

Phill

Dude!

Phill

Phill,

CBS has an opening for you on 60 Minutes...

C'mon Manny, have a sense of humor.... Relax.

:hysterical2:

There's not x plan or A plan available on 13's yet. Ford could run that incentive sometime this year. If they give us enough allocation I'm sure we can honor it. Gotta play it by ear.

Archived