TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 GT500 Invoice Pricing PDF

bpmurr

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y would you post that info?? seriously!

Why not? I see you're a dealer. Are you upset people can see through ADMs because there is plenty of profit in this car on a MSRP deal? This information gets posted on a lot of sites like Truecar.com eventually anyways. Plus it's been posted on other Mustang forums as well.

Any info on the 2013 Boss 302 pricing???

See the attached PDF! Happy Shopping!

Really no big deal, that kind of information has not been any kind of a secret for decades.

Exactly! :)

2013 Mustang Price List (US).pdf

2013 Mustang Price List (US).pdf

Yeah, big thanks for posting. Looks like about a 9% margin which isn't much and has been fairly constant on this and most other makes and models for the last 4-5 years. The days of car retailers having their 15% markup are long gone. I can sympathize with the dealers in that respect as there are many in the general public who believe that the margin is much higher than it actually is and nothing like that seen in things like jewelry or furniture.

Yeah, big thanks for posting. Looks like about a 9% margin which isn't much and has been fairly constant on this and most other makes and models for the last 4-5 years. The days of car retailers having their 15% markup are long gone. I can sympathize with the dealers in that respect as there are many in the general public who believe that the margin is much higher than it actually is and nothing like that seen in things like jewelry or furniture.

Agreed, it lets people really know what kind of money is being made on the car on a MSRP deal. If anything I think it helps honest dealers because a reasonable person understand they need to make a profit to stay in business.

Why not? I see you're a dealer. Are you upset people can see through ADMs because there is plenty of profit in this car on a MSRP deal? This information gets posted on a lot of sites like Truecar.com eventually anyways. Plus it's been posted on other Mustang forums as well.

See the attached PDF! Happy Shopping!

Exactly! :)

I am sure he is one of those dealers putting a 10k adm on the car. If he really doesn't know that this info is on the Internet then he needs a new profession.

Thanks for posting and good luck to all those buying a 13. Enjoy.

Y would you post that info?? seriously!

Why WOULDN'T (or SHOULDN'T) he?????

Your questioning his posting of the pricing information put *serious* doubts in my mind as to your credibility.

Number one or Number two seller in the Nation....Regardless.

Why would you NOT want customers to be informed?

Seriously!

Phill

Your questioning his posting of the pricing information put *serious* doubts in my mind as to your credibility.

Seriously!

Phill

+1

I am a dealer and glad you posted this. People do need to know but as a dealer I would not post this, hint hint but people should know and it is a fair profit and some stealerships are still out there, well maybe not some but a lot from what I am hearing...

Seriously!

Phill

+1

+2

I am a dealer and glad you posted this. People do need to know but as a dealer I would not post this, hint hint but people should know and it is a fair profit and some stealerships are still out there, well maybe not some but a lot from what I am hearing...

roush1486... you sir,are a standup salesman who "gets it". :salute:

I am not a dealer and never have been and I completely agree with Phil and roush1486's posts. I will say however, that there are too many consumers that take this information and now feel entitled or even ripped off if they walk into a dealership and can't buy it at invoice. It is probably that mentality that he was trying to avoid. I have not ever paid nor do I support paying ADMs but I think a good deal is defined by the point where a buyer and seller agree. Dealers do have costs associated with being able to sell SVT products and they should make a fair profit, but gouging only happens if the buyer allows it to.

This was a great post so that the dealer and buyer can start from an honest and open position and then discuss what is fair for both parties. But with most purchases, the buyer does not have this much detail about the product "cost", only the market and suggested retail price (again in most cases, not necessarily talking about cars).

Hopefully many buyers can pay below MSRP but still allow the dealer to make a more significant profit on a handful of very limited cars and it becomes a win win. We've all seen (with the KR and other examples) what happens to dealers that hold on to cars expecting to make 10-20k over sticker for too long.

This was a great post so that the dealer and buyer can start from an honest and open position and then discuss what is fair for both parties. But with most purchases, the buyer does not have this much detail about the product "cost", only the market and suggested retail price (again in most cases, not necessarily talking about cars).

That used to be the case but with today's Internet, it is no longer the case.

When I bought my 2010 in '09, I knew what MSRP and Invoice were before I bought. It was on Edmonds.com....I didn't need to go to the Shelby forum (or any other forum), it's THAT available.

A friend of mine's son tried selling cars a few years back. He was saying how HARD it was with all of the information available on the Internet. Now, people come in knowing INVOICE and want to beat him down on MSRP.

I reminded him that MSRP is Mfgr.'s SUGGESTED Retail Price....not Mfgr's. SET IN STONE Price. Deal with it...

JMHO,

Phill

Phill, I am agreeing with you. I am saying cars are one of the only commodities where we have this much information about dealer "cost". Most other products we buy, we usually (not in all cases) only have market price to use. In the case of cars, if you don't know the invoice price, you haven't looked very hard. I should have made my previous post more clear, sorry.

, sorry.

No no! No need to be sorry. I was basically confirming your points...that in today's market, a customer can pretty much find out what color the dealers poop is!

Phill

Great post thanks. Well now we can see that Ford has probably priced the Shelby out of range of most "borderline" buyers. It's still a bargain compared to other supercars, but the prospective owner pool has diminished.

I'm just wondering why it's so hard to find the Canadian invoice price. It doesn't seem to be anywhere even though the Canadian MSRP has been out for a few days. I want to get out and speak to a dealer but I don't want to go in there awaiting an onslaught.... Information is king. Sigh....

Great post thanks. Well now we can see that Ford has probably priced the Shelby out of range of most "borderline" buyers. It's still a bargain compared to other supercars, but the prospective owner pool has diminished.

Agreed as I'm in that borderline buyer class. I could swallow my 2011 with SVTPP because it was like $48k at invoice. The 2013 could be had pretty close but just the base car. I'm going with the SVTPP again plus TP and Recaro's. Making the car about $10k more. At the end of the day I might just end up with a Track Pack GT.

Agreed as I'm in that borderline buyer class. I could swallow my 2011 with SVTPP because it was like $48k at invoice. The 2013 could be had pretty close but just the base car. I'm going with the SVTPP again plus TP and Recaro's. Making the car about $10k more. At the end of the day I might just end up with a Track Pack GT.

Even if you get 38k for your '11 you'd still have to shell out about 25-30k more OTD for the '13. And that's with no ADM. If I were you I'd look at a '13 Boss before a GT.

Even if you get 38k for your '11 you'd still have to shell out about 25-30k more OTD for the '13. And that's with no ADM. If I were you I'd look at a '13 Boss before a GT.

I got $40k for my 2011 back in November. I had to sell it to buy a house at the time. It was a hit I had to take regardless. I was just talking about the starting point at invoice. The market is even worse now for these with the 2013 info out. For those looking to trade or private sale be prepared to take a bath and then some. Not much you can do with $2500 dealer cash on existing 2012 GT500 stock.

Archived