TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Houston Area Shelby Dealers

emaxie

I'm new to Houston and I'm also new to the GT500 but like so many others I'm excited about the 2013 model. I've talked with 2 different dealers in North Houston and neither of them were helpful or friendly. Any suggestions??? I'm also willing to go out of state. Thanks guys

I'm new to Houston and I'm also new to the GT500 but like so many others I'm excited about the 2013 model. I've talked with 2 different dealers in North Houston and neither of them were helpful or friendly. Any suggestions??? I'm also willing to go out of state. Thanks guys

Try Tomball Ford - Jorge Lopez is the salesman I am working with. Great guy....

Thanks a lot guys. So far I've talked with folks at Planet and Gullo and have not been impressed. They seem more interested in selling me the new/used 2012 GT500 than helping me pick up a '13.

Sure because they will see that commission today and not have to wait until the 2013 comes in months from now. Pretty sad isn't it?

The ADM is nuts. I got mine just a tick under MSRP. Negotiated with the dealer before the prices were out, came to an aggreement and give them my down money. I think there will be plenty of MSRP deals out there.

Absolutely! Both dealerships said they would add 10K in ADM. I'll just try to be patient. Maybe after the first couple orders arrive they'll calm down.

Call Ryan Ford. They are very mustang friendly and don't do the ADM game. They are a small dealer, but can get what you want. Most of the people who buy from them do it over the phone.

To B17DRVR,

Thank you so much for the info. I'm heading in Monday to place the order and give them my deposit. They have been great so far! Also, I think we may have worked together before. I'm also a 756 driver....

All of the Texas dealers that I spoke with sucked. The ones here in Austin were either inept or wanted a 10-20K "dealer premium". I live in TX and ordered mine from a dealer in Tennessee.

All of the Texas dealers that I spoke with sucked. The ones here in Austin were either inept or wanted a 10-20K "dealer premium". I live in TX and ordered mine from a dealer in Tennessee.

Same here in DFW all wanted at least 5k adm so I'm getting mine from NC

• 1 month later...

To B17DRVR,

Thank you so much for the info. I'm heading in Monday to place the order and give them my deposit. They have been great so far! Also, I think we may have worked together before. I'm also a 756 driver....

Sorry it is so long to reply to your post. I think we have flown together. I'm glad Ryan Ford worked out. They are great people. Congrats on the Shelby!

Tim

Try Tomball Ford - Jorge Lopez is the salesman I am working with. Great guy....

Well, this is me replying to my own post...after a few weeks and not getting much information from my salesman at Tomball...I finally got a reply...see below: (needless to say, I did not know that they did not sell many GT500 or Mustangs. When I bought my 2010 GT500, there were 3 at the dealership...so I made a poor assumption)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Michael,

Sorry for the delayed response. After coming back from vacation you know how hectic things can be. Ok, now to your Shelby questions. I have talked to our vehicle order manager and this is why it is taking so long for us to get yours picked up. The reason is that we don’t sell many mustangs. You see, the more vehicles you sell, the quicker you can get an order processed. We are known for trucks so if I place an order on a truck, it would get to me a lot quicker than a dealer that is known for cars. You have seen folks get vin numbers and eta’s because those are dealers that specialize in shelbys or sell many cars or sell many mustangs. The priority of 19 was because of that. The manufacture has something to do with how that is processed and ordered. We will go in and change that to a 10 and it might help. At this point, Ford has not picked up the first Shelby that was ordered previous to yours nor have they issued a vin number to it either. You will definitely get the mustang but it looks like you will have to wait a bit longer due to the fact that we are not a huge mustang dealer. The manufacturer doesn’t tell us when they will pick up the order. I would need to check often to get you updates.

Sincerely,

Jorge Lopez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I basically shot myself in the foot and then took off my other shoe and shot my other foot!!!! I figure if I were to get my deposit back and try to get in the queue at another dealership that does have a rep for selling Mustangs...I probably would not get it any faster. My order date was 3/20. BTW..a dealership in the Houston area that is known for Mustang sales in Tommy Vaughn Ford....I know that now!!! I have sent an email o Tommy Vaughn Ford outlining my situation and asking the obvious question.

******UPDATE****** - My Tomball Ford salesman (listed above) went into the order system at the dealership and changed the priority from 19 to 10 - not really sure what happened, but within 2 days I called the SVT group and now my car has a VIN and a build date of the week of June 4th. Thanks Jorge for whatever you did to get my order moving!

Man I don't like the sound of that. I put my deposit down on Apr 3rd but the car wasn't ordered until Apr 20th. I purchased from Ryan Ford in Sealy. They were great, but I'm not sure how many Shelby's they have sold in the past. They aren't a very big dealership. I have an order # but it still just says processing. I wonder if that means it will be a long time before the car is built. I don't have any idea what priority number was attached but I'm a bit concerned that I won't have the car for a long while...

I've heard 25k markup from Joe Myers Ford on 290 and Gullo Ford in Conroe is out of allocations. Not sure about what Planet Ford is looking like on the '13 GT500s but I've dealt with them before and they have the absolute worst customer service of any dealership that I have ever dealt with in my life. I refuse to do business with them again.

Planet Ford's service is the WORST and when I spoke with them they were talking about 10K adm. I bought a truck from Gullo so I started with them but they were super wishy washy about all the people they were going to set the allocations aside for. I guess it's just time to be patient.

Archived